[Animated] Season 3 Speculation

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

[Animated] Season 3 Speculation

Post by Blitzwing »

So, now that Season 2 has wrapped up and the long and torturous wait for Season 3 has begun, what do you want to see when Animated finally does come back to TV? Who do you want to see make an appearance or reappearance? What plot threads do you want to see explored? Let your voices be heard...

So far all we know about Season 3 (Possible Minor Spoilers):

-The Decepticons on Earth are leaderless with Megatron and Starscream both being teleported to deep space. Omega Supreme is likely around their area as well.
-Blurr and the Starscream Clones that resemble Thundercracker and Skywarp have been teleported to an unknown location.
-Black Arachnia, Lockdown, Headmaster and the S.U.V. are all on the loose somewhere on Earth.
-Wasp has escaped Autobot confinement and is probobly looking for revenge.
-Meltdown, Soundwave, Wreck-Gar and Swindle are both on Earth but are incapacitated at the moment.
-Shockwave has exposed himself to Optimus Prime's crew, no way of knowing if anyone else on Cybertron know's about him though.
-Jetfire and Jetstorm will make an appearance and will apparantly be in a faction of their own.

So that's the set up... what do you guys want to see? Here's what I'd like to see:

-Wasp coming to Earth and teaming up with Blackarachnia to form a Predacons faction.
-Shockwave escaping to Earth to lead Blitzwing, Lugnut and the Starscream Clones.
-Some type of back story on why Prowl never finished his Ninja training.
-The Dinobots forming some type of stable truce with the Autobots.
-Porter C. Powel starting his own company to rival Sumdac and employing some of the human villains.
-An Elite Guard centred episode that features them searching for Blurr.
-More episodes in space and on Cybertron.
-Megatron and Starscream making their glorious return as a team in the Season finale.
-More Angry Archer!!!

New Characters I'd like to see introduced:
-Rodimus Prime as a leader of a small group of Autobots coming to help out Optimus' crew for a few episodes. His crew could consist of Kup (Veteran), Sideswipe (Young Hot-head), Nightbeat (Detective) and Rhinox (Big Guy with some Brains).
-Bludgeon, possibly a tie in to Prowl and Jazz's ninja background.
-Thunderwing, Decepticon Warlord on a distant planet.
-Tracks, sportscar belonging to an arrogant celebrity that was given life by Allspark fragments.
-Wheeljack, see Tracks, except he was owned by a blue-collar mechanic.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I think that most of the story dealing with Powel will deal with him doing is best to stay in charge of the company and then finaly getting bust for all of his under the table dealings.
We need more back story on Prowl.
Maybe Wasp will become the first Bio Transforming Organic.
Need to see the Capt. getting humliated by machines more often.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I love all of those ideas. I've especially wanted to see Rodimus show up on his own leading some guys as a Prime.

More Beast Wars characters is a great idea.

Cliffjumper and Ironhide come to join our heroes on Earth. Ironhide apologizing to Bumblebee and Bulkhead for being such a jerk. Cliffjumper as a higher up/advisor type with the Elites.

I'd really like to see a couple Japanese G1 characters show up, even if its only for small cameos. I like Star Saber a lot, for one, and the Breastplate Decepticons would be great, even if its for one episode.

And on that note, any combiners, really. Let's see some Gestalts at some point. Maybe it's too soon, but not if there is only one on each side.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Blitzwing wrote:So, now that Season 2 has wrapped up and the long and torturous wait for Season 3 has begun, what do you want to see when Animated finally does come back to TV? Who do you want to see make an appearance or reappearance? What plot threads do you want to see explored? Let your voices be heard...

-The Decepticons on Earth are leaderless with Megatron and Starscream both being teleported to deep space. Omega Supreme is likely around their area as well.
-Blurr and the Starscream Clones that resemble Thundercracker and Skywarp have been teleported to an unknown location.
-Black Arachnia, Lockdown, Headmaster and the S.U.V. are all on the loose somewhere on Earth.
-Meltdown, Soundwave, Wreck-Gar and Swindle are both on Earth but are incapacitated at the moment.
-Shockwave has exposed himself to Optimus Prime's crew, no way of knowing if anyone else on Cybertron know's about him though.
-Jetfire and Jetstorm will make an appearance and will apparantly be in a faction of their own.

So that's the set up... what do you guys want to see? Here's what I'd like to see:

-Wasp coming to Earth and teaming up with Blackarachnia to form a Predacons faction.
-Shockwave escaping to Earth to lead Blitzwing, Lugnut and the Starscream Clones.
-Porter C. Powel starting his own company to rival Sumdac and employing some of the human villains.
-Megatron and Starscream making their glorious return as a team in the Season finale.
-More Angry Archer!!!

-Rodimus Prime as a leader of a small group of Autobots coming to help out Optimus' crew for a few episodes. His crew could consist of Kup (Veteran), Sideswipe (Young Hot-head), Nightbeat (Detective) and Rhinox (Big Guy with some Brains).
-Tracks, sportscar belonging to an arrogant celebrity that was given life by Allspark fragments.
yes.... i agree

not much more i can add really
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Blitzwing wrote:So, now that Season 2 has wrapped up and the long and torturous wait for Season 3 has begun, what do you want to see when Animated finally does come back to TV? Who do you want to see make an appearance or reappearance? What plot threads do you want to see explored? Let your voices be heard...

-More Angry Archer!!!

I like all your ideas, Blitzwing. Just throw Smokescreen in there as a race car brought to life by Allspark fragments, and I'll be one happy camper. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

*Quotes an entire post to add 2 lines too*

I mean seriously guys FFS get a grip.

Anyways, I'd imagine that the Elite Guard will spend their time searching for Blurr and Skywarp/ThunderCracker will (hopefully) develop a bit more character in the time they're away.

The Decepticons left on Earth, effectively leaderless, will rally under Blackarachnia (the only 'con that appears to have a spine) where we will continue along the trend of 'I was once good and with Optimus, but now I'm bad cos he left me in a cave, that was dark, with no blanky or lamp'

I'd like to see the Dinobots become a bit more than they currently are, not to put too fine a point on it, but 'Gee-Wun' gave these guys some decent characterisation with the likes of Desertion of the Dinobots etc etc
Somehow I'd like to see their comic orientated feud with Shockwave be explored at some point using his ability to disguise himself as an Autobot to confuse them more and play them off against Prime.

Actually, speaking of Prime, I'd like to see him LEAD more!! This is about the only series of TF that I've watched where he's not the main focus. Okay, I realise that Bumblebee is the main identifier for kids and the target demographic but Prime is the LEADER and should be the coolest no matter what.

I'd also like to see Bumblebee garner more of a role akin to the one given to Rattrap in BW, the little guy that really packs a mean punch, as opposed to 'that annoying little ****ing yellow one' that he currently is.

I'd like to see less focus on the 'one-shot' episodes and go for even more of an over-riding story. IMHO the first half-dozen episodes or so were below average and whilst they introduced us to the 'villains' in some fashion they could've been handled better were their fewer of them. (Blitz - I hate Angry Archer with a ****ing passion).

Oh and before I forget more Blitzwing! Easily the most fun character in the show :)

That's about all I got for now, considering I came here to basically flame the two previous posters I don't think I've done too badly :)
Omnicrus

Post by Omnicrus »

On wikipedia it says that there was going to be a sort of sub-species of Decepticons called Predacons. Don't know if the Maximals will make an appearance.
I am Omnicrus the younger brother of the Decepticon Black Nexus.
------
Avatar done by http://rezragnarok.deviantart.com/
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

I would like to see another of the robot T-Rexs be brought to life by Allspark fragments. The first word he hears is "Yes" and decides he like it. He finds and recruits Blackarachnia, Wasp, and newcomer Sky-Byte. Blackarachnia shows the team Meltdown's base and have a short battle with the Dinobots, earning the Dinobots' determination to run the group off the island. When Blackarachnia mentions Megatron's disappearance, the T-Rex decides he likes that name and forms the Predacons. Yessssss.:up:

Did I mention Sky-Byte?
Steam: Hot Shot
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Omnicrus wrote:On wikipedia it says that there was going to be a sort of sub-species of Decepticons called Predacons. Don't know if the Maximals will make an appearance.
Where does it say that? anyways, I would like to see more characters coming out of the wood works. Especially if they are brought to live by the all spark. If there going to turn megatron into Galvatron, lets have him be a really big threat. bigger than megatron is now and he's the biggest and baddest of the decpticons.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:I would like to see another of the robot T-Rexs be brought to life by Allspark fragments. The first word he hears is "Yes" and decides he like it. He finds and recruits Blackarachnia, Wasp, and newcomer Sky-Byte. Blackarachnia shows the team Meltdown's base and have a short battle with the Dinobots, earning the Dinobots' determination to run the group off the island. When Blackarachnia mentions Megatron's disappearance, the T-Rex decides he likes that name and forms the Predacons. Yessssss.:up:

Did I mention Sky-Byte?
HAHAH. If they did that, at least we know David Kaye is around to voice BW Megs. Yesssss.

I like that you included Sky-Byte in there. Great character. Maybe have Gas Skunk, Darkscream and Slapper visit at some point for added comic relief.

And how about RiD Scourge appearing for the Decepticons? I'm just remembering how much I absolutely love RiD.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Didn't they have the Megatrons meet up in Robot Master (I think that is the right manga)?

Think we will see some combiners or have punch/counter punch seeing as how Shockwave has his abiltiy.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Omnicrus wrote:Don't know if the Maximals will make an appearance.
Their symbol already did on the Motormaster look-alike in "Velocity."

And...did Oil Slick ever make an appearance in this season? (the Decepticon motorcycle?)

I want to see more Lockdown. I want to know his back story.

I, too, would like to see Rodimus show up at some point.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Brimstone wrote:And...did Oil Slick ever make an appearance in this season? (the Decepticon motorcycle?)
I'm pretty sure I heard that Oil Slick will be a comics and toy only character.

Another idea I had for the Season 3 finale would be Magnus and Megatron fighting 1 on 1 with Megatron killing Magnus in the end. Optimus and Sentinel could then team up to take down Megatron, which would set up a rivalry for leadership of the Autobots between the two of them for season 4.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Blitzwing wrote:I'm pretty sure I heard that Oil Slick will be a comics and toy only character.
I think it was said at Botcon that he also might be in season 3.
Steam: Hot Shot
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I was wondering what the deal with Oil Slick is. There are still a handful of Animated eps I missed, but I watched clips and read synopses and I've been wondering who the hell Oil Slick was!