[Animated] Reaction Thread: "A Bridge Too Close parts 1 & 2" -- Episodes 28 &29

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "A Bridge Too Close parts 1 & 2" -- Episodes 28 &29

Post by Blitzwing »

Wow... what a great finale to the season.

I loved Starscream's clones. Skywarp the coward, TC the boaster, Sunstorm the suck up, Ramjet the liar and Femscream the "don't ask"... priceless! They weren't just generic, during the fight scenes they all played their own roles. Looks like Starscream's fem side is the most effeciant in battle.

Loved the fact that they brought up a bunch of loose ends from previous episodes including Sari = robot, Longarm being a double agent, Wasp being wrongfully imprisoned and Blurr being an Elite Guard spy. So many loose ends tied up... not to mention Omega Supreme being revealed! I can't believe they were able to cram so much awesomeness into just one episode.

On top of that we get great moments for Blitzwing, Lugnut and the Constructicons. All 5 main Autobots got their time to shine in different parts of the episode. Megatron and Prime fighting back to back... only for a bit though. Sumdac using the Headmaster...

This series has now officially surpassed BW and G1 as my favorite Transformers series ever. Can't wait until season 3.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Just got done watching it, and loved it. I liked how Kevin Michael Richardson played Omega. Can't believe that old bulkhead is an expert at anything dealing with tech.

For those who want to watch it in the states, use Veoh. You can watch the whole hour long ep with out having to be stoped like youtube. The only thing you have to do is download Veoh Tv. It's free and you can download anything that is on Veoh. Veoh is a hell of a lot better than youtube when you want to watch something.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I absolutely loved these episodes. I cannot wait for the toys for all the other Decepticon jets now!! I like how Sunstorm had more screen time in one episode than he ever did in G1, and had a ton of lines. And my favorite was always Thundercracker, great to see him as the badass of the Starscream bunch.

Oh yeah, and raise your hands if you knew all along Sari about Sari.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Very good indeed. I have to concur with Blitzwing, this series is surely my favorite TF series ever at this point. I'm glad to see all the loose ends tied up in one episode. Well...almost all of them. I kept waiting for the Dinobots and Blackarachnia to show up, part of me was hoping BA would come in and help Optimus at the pivotal moment.

I have to say the finale was quite a lot better than the season 1 finale, much more action. Starscream's clones were in fact quite brilliant, but he really should have known they would turn on him in such a manner, being that they were parts of himself.

The only complaint I have is that I didn't get to hear the rapport between Starscream and Megatron at the end because it zoomed into the bottom left hand of the screen while some freak went on about what other shows were coming up or some such. Hopefully when it airs over here next weekend it will not be that way.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Everything that Blitzwing said? Apply it here, as well!:D It tied up many loose ends, and opened some new ones for Season 3 (provided there is a Season 3, which I think is more than likely), which I think a good season finale should do! Blurr finally reveals his robot mode and shows off his speed (both physical speed and speed of speech.), staying very true to his G1 counterpart! Omega Supreme was extremely well done (and you thought Ratchet could be depressed). And who doesn't like a bit of Optimus Prime and Megatron tag team action, especially when Prime is mostly used as a shield!:D Tom Kenny did an excellent job with all 7 of his characters (Sumdac, Starscream, "Sunstorm", "Thundercracker", "Ramjet", "Skywarp", and Mixmaster), giving each clone a slightly different tone than Starscream (I think the female Seeker was done by Tara Strong, who also did Sari). Though, I really did see the betrayal coming. (they ARE clones of Starscream) And there was the little homage of "Ramjet" (the liar clone) kicking Starscream in the leg (from TF:TM Starscream kicking Megatron when he's down). Just wish I could've heard what Megatron and Starscream were saying to each other at the end, instead of Ajay talking about the next shows and stuff that I could've easily found out for myself...:( But overall, an awesome conclusion to Season 2!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Detective Barricade wrote:Everything that Blitzwing said? Apply it here, as well!:D It tied up many loose ends, and opened some new ones for Season 3 (provided there is a Season 3, which I think is more than likely), which I think a good season finale should do! Blurr finally reveals his robot mode and shows off his speed (both physical speed and speed of speech.), staying very true to his G1 counterpart! Omega Supreme was extremely well done (and you thought Ratchet could be depressed). And who doesn't like a bit of Optimus Prime and Megatron tag team action, especially when Prime is mostly used as a shield!:D Tom Kenny did an excellent job with all 7 of his characters (Sumdac, Starscream, "Sunstorm", "Thundercracker", "Ramjet", "Skywarp", and Mixmaster), giving each clone a slightly different tone than Starscream (I think the female Seeker was done by Cree Summers, who usually does Blackarachnia). Though, I really did see the betrayal coming. (they ARE clones of Starscream) And there was the little homage of "Ramjet" (the liar clone) kicking Starscream in the leg (from TF:TM Starscream kicking Megatron when he's down). Just wish I could've heard what Megatron and Starscream were saying to each other at the end, instead of Ajay talking about the next shows and stuff that I could've easily found out for myself...:( But overall, an awesome conclusion to Season 2!
The female Screamer clone is voiced by Tara Strong, who also does Sari's voice. I was a little bummed at what happened to Blurr and Omega Supreme, but they'll probably be back next season.
Detective Barricade

Bluecatcinema wrote:The female Screamer clone is voiced by Tara Strong, who also does Sari's voice. I was a little bummed at what happened to Blurr and Omega Supreme, but they'll probably be back next season.
Well, now I know!:D I can't see the end credits because of what YTV does after the show ends, before the next one begins.:(
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Does Tara Strong do BA as well? Because she sounded a lot like her.

I loved Omega's voice... it was a total homage to his G1 counterpart. I really hope that they can get John Moschitta Jr. back to do another Blurr episode because he was great in this one.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

loved this episode. I agree that the dinobots and black arachnia should have been involved , but they included so much kick ass stuff that they made up for it. Does anyone have a date for season 3 yet?
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Detective Barricade

Blitzwing wrote:Does Tara Strong do BA as well? Because she sounded a lot like her.
No. Cree Summers does Blackarachnia in Animated. I would've known that Tara Strong was behind the female Seeker, but it's hard to read the credits when they zoom it out like they did for Ajay on Crunch (the guy with the huge hair).
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I wouldn't call Sari a robot, she's more of a cyborg. Reason for this is one, she was affected just like all of the organics in Along Came a Spider. If she was turely a robot, she shouldn't have been affected. Two, she gets sick like in Nature Calls, three, is reigestered as an organic in Elite Guard, four isn't affected by the slow down machine like all other robots in SUV: Society of Ultimate Villainy, and finally, the allspark showed both DNA and a spark in Megatron Risisng part two.

I paraphrased Sari's wikia article at Transformers.wikia.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg

How much crap do you think Prime will be in when Magnus finds out that not only are the recovered allspark fargments are lost, but also Blurr and Omega are gone too?
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Considering he dealt with the threats of both Megatron and Starscream, as well as exposed Shockwave as a spy, I'd say Magnus and Co. will be happy with him. Although, I'm sure Sentinel will try to bring up the downsides of what happened.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I can see those points, but isn't losing the recovered allspark fargments to who knows, and losing the inteal agent who can back up the claimes dealing with Shockwave going to land prime into some hot water?

Hopefully, the next season will finish up the hunt for the remaning allspark fargments and deal with Prime's crew leaving earth to conutine the fight against the cons,
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I liked Megatron's reference to Knock-Offs. ''Stop hiding behind your cheap knock-off''.

And is Shockwave's voice actor the same one from G1? Same thing for Blurr?
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Yes for both

Corey Burton does Shockewaves and Megatron's
John Moschitta does Blurr's
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I can see those points, but isn't losing the recovered allspark fargments to who knows, and losing the inteal agent who can back up the claimes dealing with Shockwave going to land prime into some hot water?

Hopefully, the next season will finish up the hunt for the remaning allspark fargments and deal with Prime's crew leaving earth to conutine the fight against the cons,
The Allspark fragments were sacrificed to help the situation. And don't forget that the Allspark is no longer the almighty artifact anymore. That's now Sari's Key.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

wolfbolt86 wrote:Yes for both

Corey Burton does Shockewave and Megatron
And Ratchet as well! But, how will the Autobots get off Earth if their ride (Omega Supreme) got sucked into space by the Space Bridge? I guess all will be answered in Season 3 with any luck.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I would love to see the series take more of a universal setting, rather than just Detroit. I doubt they will do that however.

Prime's crew will probobly stay on Earth for whatever reason, while Magnus and co take care of things in outerspace. I'm guessing that most threats (Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Wasp) will find themselves back on Earth eventually anyways. Plus there are also the scattered Decepticons, Meltdown, Headmaster and SUV to deal with on Earth.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

secretcode wrote:The Allspark fragments were sacrificed to help the situation. And don't forget that the Allspark is no longer the almighty artifact anymore. That's now Sari's Key.
While that's ture, the allspark does have an important place in the Autobot culture. When news of this gets to the public and the rest of the military, there can be such unrest that Prime will get royally screwed to please the public. Sure the rest of the fragments can be found, but the Autobots might still want all of them in hopes that the allspark can be fixed.

On a different note, Whats going to happen with Powell now that Sumdac is back. Will he try to stay in power or will he step down. Either way, once Sumdac is back in power, Powell will be fired.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Powell will probably become an even bigger threat then Megatron at some point, sorta like a disgruntled employee that just wanted revenge on Sumdac and the Autobots.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32