[Animated] I finally saw the show...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Vincent
Protoform

[Animated] I finally saw the show...

Post by Vincent »

Yep. Initially I had no intention of seeing since the art really turned me off, but seeing a board bustling with reaction threads I just had to give it a try.

And I'm impressed. I mean, it isn't new to anyone here that the art-style didn't strike everyone's fancy, but if we went ahead and considered that a flaw it would have been the only one! The characterization is very good, the dialogue is always interesting, and the voice-acting is great! Admittedly I'm not too keen on Prime's voice, makes him seem so apple-pie, if you know what I mean. But Megatron, DAMN! That's a voice actor! (apparently this Corey Burton person did work for G1) (was I supposed to know that? >.>) I also like how Starscream's voice was faithful to his original G1 tone, and he's as back-stabby as ever!

Though at first I didn't like how BB acted, he turned out great. He's cute and doesn't come off as corny, and Bulkhead supplies good comic interest. But in fact my favorite character so far is Blitzwing. So far none of his "crazy" face lines failed to make me laugh!

Heck, even if I wasn't a Transformers fan (God forbid) I'd still enjoy the show. (I saw 11 episodes so far and Thrill of the Hunt is my favorite)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

We have a new convert. Glad to gain more followers in the Animated forum, it really is hard not to like this series once you watch a few. Best damn acting, writing, and characterization since Beast Wars in my humble opinion.

And yes Corey Burton did voice work as Alpha Trion / Brawn / Shockwave / Sunstreaker / Wideload / Spike Witwicky / Dion / Vector Sigma in the G1 cartoon.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Corey Burton is a gem in the voice cast of Animated. His Megatron is fast becoming the definitive Megatron in the cartoon universes.
Come on and wind me up.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Truefully, I never really cared about the animation. If the story, actors, and overal quality is good, i'm happy.

I have gotton use to the animation style from watching this show, Samurai Jack, and the new Spiderman show. Also I think that it is one of the best Transformers shows to date. I don't know if it's Definitely better than Beast Wars, or just below it.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Can't forget Tom Kenny as Starscream! He's being a better Starscream than G1 Starscream! (close match)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i have been watching the show on my cellphone on youtube (i have dial up- so it's easier) and i am loving it!

i can't seem to get the season ender on there though- nonone has "a bridge too close" other than dubs- IT'S KILLING ME!

best quote so far: "...me grimlock go with you- but me grimlock go with you... ALONE!"

heh:D
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I don't see why people watch it on Youtue. They have it in segments.

Torrent sites get you the entire episodes in good quality. Just search Transformers Animated 116 for episode 16 of season one. It's so easy.