[Animated] i've been a little out of the loop lately...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
never again
Protoform

[Animated] i've been a little out of the loop lately...

Post by never again »

after coming here for the first time in a few years, i stumbled onto the site for the new animated series. i haven't had cable in a while either and had no idea this show existed.

is it as terrible as it looks?
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Animated is great, but you being out of the loop isn't news. *tries to move with psychic powerz*
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Civ

Post by Civ »

Animated is quite good. You can watch the episodes on YouTube last I checked.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

i was so out of the loop i forgot about the different forums here.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

and hello stranger. Welcome back.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Animated is great. Best series since RID. Hell, since Beast Wars.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

oh my god, i just watched a few minutes of a few episodes, i can't stand it. i've always detested that style of animation and cartoon acting. i watched one part that had prime and grimlock, and it's like they're really trying to butcher g1 or something. it's a hundred times worse than cybertron and rid combined.

oh well.
slartibartfast wrote:and hello stranger. Welcome back.
thanks.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

never again wrote:oh my god, i just watched a few minutes of a few episodes, i can't stand it. i've always detested that style of animation and cartoon acting. i watched one part that had prime and grimlock, and it's like they're really trying to butcher g1 or something. it's a hundred times worse than cybertron and rid combined.

oh well.

You really, really need to give this show a chance. I didn't like the animation at first either. But what other series would give you Wreck-Gar voiced by Weird Al saying "I am Wreck-Gar, I dare to be stupid!". That's fan service aimed squarely at us 30ish guys. You'd never get that on Cybertron.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Mospeada wrote:You really, really need to give this show a chance. I didn't like the animation at first either. But what other series would give you Wreck-Gar voiced by Weird Al saying "I am Wreck-Gar, I dare to be stupid!". That's fan service aimed squarely at us 30ish guys. You'd never get that on Cybertron.
The animation does take some getting used too, but while I will say that Transformers: Animated is a good show it's not a great show by any means.
The over all plot of the show is slow and plodding, the characters don't seem to have grown and changed beyond what they were in the first episode. Say what you will about Beast Wars but at least Rattrap, Cheetor, and Dinobot all grew and changed in that series.

The human supporting characters and the super-villains are all just plain stupid and down right annoying. The Headmaster and the SUV characters The Angry Archer, Nanosec, Slo-Mo, and the Power Princess are just plain crap and they should be never used again. Meltdown has potential to be a great villain if he's ever used right. There also WAY too many episodes of the Autobots fighting the super-villains. Sari is the most annoying human sidekick in the history of the Transformers I would rather watch the Spike, Daniel, the Armada quintet, Kicker, and the Cybertron trio than her.

While it's a good series and is better a lot better than RiD (but that's not much of a challenge since RiD sucked big time) but I'll take The original Transformers series, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Engeron, and Cybertron over Transformers: Animated any day of the week.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:The over all plot of the show is slow and plodding, the characters don't seem to have grown and changed beyond what they were in the first episode.
I'm wondering if we are watching the same show? The Autobots have each had more than 1 episode focused directly on them growing and learning about themselves and responsibility. In the first 3 episodes we see Prowl go from being an arrogant loner, to modest team player. We have seen spotlight episodes on Bumblebee and saw him learn more responsibility on many occasions. We have seen spotlight episodes on Prime and saw him grow as a leader of a team of heros instead of a team of maintenance bots. We have seen Bulkhead learn more responsibility due to his size and clumsiness, and Ratchet had to deal with his past and on another episode had to learn to grow more kind and less grumpy towards humans, ect. There has been quite a lot of growth and change with each character in this series.
Cyberstrike nTo wrote:The human supporting characters and the super-villains are all just plain stupid and down right annoying. The Headmaster and the SUV characters The Angry Archer, Nanosec, Slo-Mo, and the Power Princess are just plain crap and they should be never used again. Meltdown has potential to be a great villain if he's ever used right. There also WAY too many episodes of the Autobots fighting the super-villains. Sari is the most annoying human sidekick in the history of the Transformers I would rather watch the Spike, Daniel, the Armada quintet, Kicker, and the Cybertron trio than her.
I'm going to have to disagree once again. I think the inclusion of human super villains has greatly helped change the show and add a fresh new approach. Yes, some of them are annoying (Headmaster, Professor Princess), but the concepts in themselves are welcome in my book. Its a new approach that has managed to keep the series interesting and not just the same old autobots vs decepticons we have seen for so many years. Sari is by far the best human ally the Transformers have had in my opinion. She is actually useful and not just there to give us someone to relate to. She actually becomes a valuable part of the team, and she has some very real depth to her character.

I'm not sure why so many people seem to be turned off by the animation on this series, but I find that this is the best series since beast Wars, hands down. The writing and voice acting are top notch for a Transformers series, and you can really tell that the writers are fans themselves because there are so many obscure references to G1 TF that its just impossible to believe otherwise.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm with Kali, the story and the characters are all very well developed. Not really a whole lot more to add, I guess it comes down to people who give it a chance and enjoy it, and people who don't. Every Transformers series since Beast Wars has had split opinions with the fandom, so it's nothing new.

I for one love the show and can't get enough of it.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

meh, i didn't catch the episode with weird al voicing wreck-gar. i'd like to see that.

and i can appreciate the effort of bringing new concepts and elements into a tf series, but it wasn't done well in this case. it's too much of a really stupid modern kid's cartoon show. i almost thought i was watching power puff girls for a minute there with that pink girl on the flying my little pony.

the toys aren't much better. soundwave turns into an suv but still has tape recorder parts, okay. whatever. the guitar lazerbeak is kind of cool, though. it's about time they had someone turn into a musical instrument. i don't know why the guitar has to ride on the top of the car, though.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!