[Animated] Reaction Thread: Episode 24 - "Society of Ultimate Villany"

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

[Animated] Reaction Thread: Episode 24 - "Society of Ultimate Villany"

Post by Jaynz »

This episode honestly scared me... featuring four of the 'B-list' villains? Bumblebee and Sari focus?

Ah, glad to be wrong sometimes. This was pretty good, even if it didn't move much along. The new 'girl villain' was pretty good, particularly if you picked up on the Adam West Batman villain parodies going on. (If you've seen the old Batman movie, you know what I'm talking about.)

The show stealer was, of course, Swindle. Hilarious dialog and, despite being the 'small guy' of the Decepticons at this point, was pretty scary at times. Ingenious little plan of his too...

Definately another filler episode, but surprisingly good. This should be the last filler, since we're hitting the 'home stretch' with the second series now. Wonder if Swindle will make a comeback, though...
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Thought it was going to be a dull episode till' Swindle showed up.He even has his g1 look.If the toy looks nice I might actually get it.Love the mentioning of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Alucard92

Post by Alucard92 »

I think it was very close to sexual innuendo when Nanosec said to slo-mo-"I like a girl who takes it "slow."-I just realized that professor princess has the same voice actor from Rugrats.I also discovered we have spongebob(starscream)and patrick(Bulkhead)in the series.:laugh:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Very good overall episode in my approximation. Swindle's character was very true to his namesake, and the mention of the Vok was a surprise to me for sure. Just another of the great little homages we get with this series. Slo Mo was surely playing off of the old Batman series' Catwoman character though, as Neale pointed out. Very cool little parody/homage on that part as well.

For a filler episode it was really good, didn't really move plot along very much if at all, but entertaining as usual. I hope next episode gives some more insight as to whats going on with Starscream and his army of clones...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I was so glad to see Swindle when he first pulled up in his jeep mode. I knew he was going to be making an appearance because of the preview image of his face, but I had no idea that he would be appearing so soon. I also like the voice actor they got for him. Was that the dude from the movie "Best in Show"? I was expecting a Decepticon-free episode, so I was very happy to see him and Megatron make an appearance.

As for the SUV, they were interesting enough. I liked the fact that they explained Nanonsec's age reversal, rather than just ignoring it. Also loved the Angry Archer, he's definately my favorite of the B-List villains on the show.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Swindle was voiced by Fred Willard. This version of Swindle is awesome; I especially like that he's armed to the teeth!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Outside of Swindle I didn't like this episode, all of the show's so-called
"super-villains" are just plain stupid.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I really hope Swindle comes back.
Come on and wind me up.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

another tf fan wrote:I really hope Swindle comes back.
The same here. I just never want to see any of the SUV characters again...EVER.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I love Swindle! Nice look, for the animated. Well, comparing it to the Movie version... Can't wait for the toy to come out...

The SUV villains suck. What I want to see is either they all move to another show in Cartoon Network, or they just get killed by Megatron. BOOM!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Blackjack wrote:I love Swindle! Nice look, for the animated. Well, comparing it to the Movie version... Can't wait for the toy to come out...

The SUV villains suck. What I want to see is either they all move to another show in Cartoon Network, or they just get killed by Megatron. BOOM!
If Megatron killed all the show's so-called "super-villains" the show would be
1,000,000 times better.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Whatever... Angry Archer is so awesome. This show wouldn't be as good without him.

Forsooth!!!
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:all of the show's so-called
"super-villains" are just plain stupid.
That seems to be the point.

Except for Angry Archer.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I agree with pretty much everything said here. Swindle is awesome.

I remember when the yellow hummer first talked I said to myself "Oh yeah I know this guy! What was his name? Oh yeah, Smuggle! Good see ya Smuggle." And later on he's like "Name's Swindle" and I'm like "Er, I mean Swindle." >.>

:lol: