Infamous incidents in Transfandom.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper wrote:Please keep the explanation to PM. This topic's walking a fine line.
I'll just throw up the link, and save the commentary, then.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys ... ht&lnk=ol&
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Another incident I witnessed was on Seibertron, with this one kid, I can't remember his name, but basically, his tenure was "I hate reissues, reissues= fakes." You'd point out the obvious that they're the same figures, only modified slightly, and anytime he couldn't argue back, he simply responded with sarcasm along the lines of "Whatever helps you sleep at night." I just gave him a friendly word of advice, which he took as a threat. he got kicked, because he'd wound up annoying everyone in the toy forum.

EDIT: And man, I'm disgusted by those comments raksha made. That was REALLY uncalled for.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

When the movie was going to made and they were trying to bash it.There were a lot of anti Bay people on it and there was even a rumor going on that someone was so nutty that he wanted to kill Bay? Why?I don't know.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

starlord wrote: Why?I don't know.

Pearl Harbour. Though the whole kill thing was an exaggeration, I just wanted him to walk funny for the rest of his life.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TFVanguard wrote:I'll just throw up the link, and save the commentary, then.
:up:
Damolisher wrote:EDIT: And man, I'm disgusted by those comments raksha made. That was REALLY uncalled for.
:down:

Tread carefully when discussing people, please. I'm very tempted to lock this on the grounds that the forum is called TF Media, and this seems to be "bitching about people who have very little to do with TF Media, includng other websites which is generally verboten". If you want to talk about this kind of thing, I'd not give me any excuses.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

So, is this topic just here to let me slag off people I don't like who aren't here to defend themselves?

Because, if so, I've got a list at home somewhere...
inflatable dalek wrote:I saw Big for the first time in ages a few weeks ago. I remembered the Transforming city, but was slightly shocked that in his pitch for a better Transforming robot line he basically creates Beast Wars.
How awesome was that episode of Fresh Prince with the BW toys, though? ZOMG.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: Because, if so, I've got a list at home somewhere...
Howabout just naming the people not on the list? It'd save a lotta time.

How awesome was that episode of Fresh Prince with the BW toys, though? ZOMG.
But of course, it was basically a BW/Turtles crossover!

[There's a worrying number of people out there who refuse point blank to believe Uncle Phil was the voice of the Shredder because he's "to fat". I'm not sure if they don't know how animation works (and therefore also assume Peter Cullen is a twenty foot robot) or if they think the same guy must have been in the costume in the film...]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Howabout just naming the people not on the list? It'd save a lotta time.
Okay! Here commences the reading of the people not on the list...

... and thus concludes the reading of the people not on the list.

Snyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyarf.
[There's a worrying number of people out there who refuse point blank to believe Uncle Phil was the voice of the Shredder because he's "to fat". I'm not sure if they don't know how animation works (and therefore also assume Peter Cullen is a twenty foot robot) or if they think the same guy must have been in the costume in the film...]
Good grief. Whatever you do, don't tell them Bart Simpson is voiced by a girl...
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

How about an really old incident, the reactions to the death of especially Optimus Prime and the other transformers in the original move. It was so badly received that they had to bring Prime back to life, and in the G.I. Joe movie it prevented Duke from dieing (many Joe fans may still be pissed about that because they have to deal with "Dukes problems"). This has also made more or less all other incarnations of Prime die and be brought back at some point. The deaths of Prime have even become a joke among fans. It may be old, but it has had some importance.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper wrote: If you want to talk about this kind of thing, I'd not give me any excuses.
Meatbag
Seriously, Cliffy... HK-47.. it's like you're channelling him. :)
Civ

Post by Civ »

TFVanguard wrote: HK-47
I could be really opening myself up for a thrashing due to a lack of any applicable cultural knowledge, but who?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Civ wrote:I could be really opening myself up for a thrashing due to a lack of any applicable cultural knowledge, but who?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK-47

A droid from a Star Wars RPG. A very good Star Wars RPG.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Cliffjumper wrote::up:

:down:

Tread carefully when discussing people, please. I'm very tempted to lock this on the grounds that the forum is called TF Media, and this seems to be "bitching about people who have very little to do with TF Media, includng other websites which is generally verboten". If you want to talk about this kind of thing, I'd not give me any excuses.

What bitching? I see statements, I don't see bitching. I haven't seen anyone "Bitching" about anyone else in this topic. I made a statement about Raksha, I hardly call saying that something was "Disgusting" and "Uncalled for" bitching.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I do. I requested that the episode be covered free of commentary.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Hm, funny that. This thread discusses Raksha, yet I see Cliffjumper hasn't dived in to unnecessarily close THIS thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's discussing one of her theories, not her actions. That simple. It's the difference between "Hmmm, Damolisher, you don't agree with Tramp's view on a total unified canon, do you?" and "Hmmm, Damolisher, I think you're a bit of a tit".

If someone has a theory that's interesting enough for discussion, that's all well and good. Personal attacks, warranted or not, are different. Any posts that take a personal direction will be deleted.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Yes, because "I'm disgusted by that comment she made" constitutes a personal attack. It's exactly the same as saying "I disagree with what she said." What am I supposed to say: "Gee whilickers, Guys, she just used her friends name disrespectfully, but I'm not allowed to make a statement about it, because even though I'm saying her ACTIONS were disrespectful, it's STILL attacking her somehow!"

Talk about TRYING to find faults.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, you're supposed to not comment at all, like I specifically requested. End of discussion, talk about the theories in this topic or not at all.