autobot city and decepticon city?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

autobot city and decepticon city?

Post by starlord »

There is a lot of talk about that autobot city on earth and the decepticon on cybertron.Are there others around?Why isn't there a decepticon city in the sky called seeker city where Screamer rules or tries to? ARe these cities just colonies in other planets? Are they like cities on Cybertron? Are there spies for either faction and do they have secret storage warehouse just incase, there are invasions or wars from the opposite faction or planned revolts or take overs?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

"Seeker city"? Trypticon and Scorponok were Decepticon Cities, just like Metroplex and Fortress Maximus.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I think most of the cities that we heard about were mostly bots and cons who had cities as alt modes. The reason we haven't seen floating cities is mostly due to energy consumption issues. Most of the cities seen can be considered bases, and mostly likely can be considered to be embassies.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

starlord wrote:Why isn't there a decepticon city in the sky
Cities tend to be quite heavy?

Outside of a planet's atmosphere (moon bases and the like) gravity is less of a problem. Not that TF writers have historically paid much attention to gravity, going for the Hollywood approach of "vast interstellar object moves close enough to Earth to catastrophically affect weather and other things, nothing happens."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Isn't Kaon a Decepticon City?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

secretcode wrote:Isn't Kaon a Decepticon City?
It was not built by the Decepticons, but according to Megatron:Origins, it was the first city to fall in the Great War, so I guess it holds as their capital-of-sorts or at least a place with a strong history of overall badness.
~
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:"vast interstellar object moves close enough to Earth to catastrophically affect weather and other things, nothing happens."
Not sure if I've got lost in the sarcasm, but wasn't that - to be fair - the entire plot of "The Ultimate Doom"?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:wasn't that the entire plot of "The Ultimate Doom"?
*nod*

How big were the Warworlds in G2?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Denyer wrote:
How big were the Warworlds in G2?
There was more than one? I'll have to glance over my copies of the G2 books then. It's been a while.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Damolisher wrote:"Seeker city"? Trypticon and Scorponok were Decepticon Cities, just like Metroplex and Fortress Maximus.
Bloody hell, Maxy and Metroy must be the best undercover spies ever.
Denyer wrote:Cities tend to be quite heavy?

Nonsesnse, the ones in Flash Gordon and that episode of Star Trek flew easily.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

The part about Starscream ruling a city sounded familiar, and yes, there was something about it.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vos

Ruling is maybe not exactly what he did, and it predates the Decepticons.

If you had done a bit of Research Starlord, you would have found plenty of cities and locations on cybertron.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Cities_on_Cybertron
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Planet_Cybertron
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

zigzagger wrote:There was more than one? I'll have to glance over my copies of the G2 books then. It's been a while.
IIRC, only in the semi-official TMUK fanfic. Which EVERYONE should read. **** this IDW stuff... I kid, I kid. Well, maybe.

I never really got the impression the Warworld was, well, world-sized. Just ****ing big. But then I never particularly paid attention to those sort of details anyway.

Isn't the Headmasters' ship in, erm, Headmasters basically a flying city to all intents and purposes? We're talking about a race with mass-shifting, techno-organics, combiners etc, etc. at their disposal - the concept of a flying city isn't particularly laughable. No more than someone bunging engines on Cybertron and flying it around the universe, it's just one concept got into something official and sounds more plausible because of it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

There was the Autobot/Cybertron city on Sydnia (or whatever it was called) in Headmasters.

Then we've got wherever Metrotitan used to live. Plus all those well cool Micromaster bases scattered everywhere. Yeah, I'm just making shit up now.