[Animated] Reaction Thread: Episode 23 - "A Fistfull Of Energon"

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

[Animated] Reaction Thread: Episode 23 - "A Fistfull Of Energon"

Post by Ackula »

Well I just watched this one, and in my approximation its the best episode of the new season. I loved that Prowl got some more spotlight time as he is by far my favorite Autobot character. The Samurai armor was just brilliant, I'm hoping they make a toy of that version!

Lance Henrikson is once again great as Lockdown, I really cannot imagine the guy being bad at any roles though. I loved the fact that they gave him the poncho like Eastwood, to play into the name of the episode homage, that was grade A.

Great episode, can't wait to see whats going to happen next with Starscream, and the new seekers that are supposed to show up, although I'm now starting to wonder if the clones he has been creating will end up being the new seekers we have been hearing about since the two we already saw in todays episode were slightly different colors than the original Starscream.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The Samurai Prowl will be released as well as a Deluxe. It will contain both Prowl and his sidecar of death.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Source?
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

secretcode wrote:The Samurai Prowl will be released as well as a Deluxe. It will contain both Prowl and his sidecar of death.
Is that confirmed? If so I won't buy the one out right now. The one with the silly light pole or whatever we call it.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Kali wrote:Source?
Botcon Coverage Thread.

Anyway this episode is great, and the best this season. I wish that SamuraiSidecar would make it back though.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Lockdown was so full of win in this episode, it isn't funny (then again, maybe it is...:P). Shame that Blitzwing didn't have anything to say about there being two Starscreams (before they were revealed to both be fakes). And it's official. I want the Prowl with the sidecar armor accessory!:D Next up, "S.U.V. - Society of Ultimate Villainy"!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Damn. I will have to watch it in pieces on youtube. :(
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

burnitall wrote:Damn. I will have to watch it in pieces on youtube. :(
Or use bit torrent and watch it all in one piece.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Youtube just has it split in half, so it's easily watchable.

Now, THIS episode was more like it. A lot of good characterization (surprised that Prowl could get so reckless like that)... Lockdown was better than his previous appearances, and Starscream got to kick all sorts of chasis.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

TFVanguard wrote:Youtube just has it split in half, so it's easily watchable.
True enough, but quality suffers on youtube for sure.

I too was surprised at how reckless Prowl became once he got so powered up on upgrades. I have a feeling the samurai armor will turn up again though, much like Bumblebee's rocket thrusters, if Prowl could get control over it and use it correctly it could be beneficial in some situations. With great power comes great responsibility... [/end cliche]
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

But Bumblebee's thruster was just put in a safe case while Prowl made his armor explode. Unless Lockdown has more of them and Prowl is willing to use it again.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

That episode was excellent. Great fun, great characters, a little moral about being true to who you are for the kids without being overbearing, and just a really good episode. The homage to "A fistful of dollars" was good; even seeing Lockdown in a poncho was entertaining and Starscream outwitting everyone instead of being blasted was a nice change of pace. Once again Lockdown was awesome as was his relationship with Prowl. I kept expecting the samurai armour to blow up in a ploy by Lockdown to take out Prowl once Starscream was captured but it never happened. I also hope they bring Lockdown back as often as possible as he's great. Oh and I will be buying the Prowl with the armour too. Sh*t I'll be buying everything this show turns out.

Shame there are only 6 episodes left in the season. I take it season 3 has been green lighted. Anyone have any info on when we may see that? Sometime later this year? Man, all my favourite shows are finishing at the mo! Dammit!
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

I liked it. Seeing Prowl get the upgrades was cool, and I liked that the dinobots had an appearance, though a small one. I'm personally looking forward to the episode where Prim and Grimlock team up. Anyways, I like that this kind of showed that even Prowl can screw up sometimes. before this one it seemed like he was always the perfect little robot, who never would do anything wrong.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

loved the prowl armor and didnt your heart just break in two when you saw that smashed birds nest resulting in prowl realisation of his cockyness

I WANT THAT SIDECAR PROWL!!!!!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Is that the first episode we don't see any of the main human characters? I don't remember seeing or hearing Sari, Fanzone or Dr. Sumdac.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yeah, I agree with most that this was a very good episode. This is officially my favorite version of Starscream ever. He actually poses a threat to both the Autobots and Decepticons. Only thing I thought was odd was how long it took for his bomb to explode after he had told everyone that the clones were bombs.

Prowl had some good moments in this ep. Love the sidecar, don't know if I'll be getting the toy since I already have the regular Prowl. I'll have to see how much better he looks before I make my decision.

It was nice to see Lockdown again. The poncho was a nice touch. Hopefully we'll get to see him again before the end of the season.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. I loved how Starscream outwitted everyone (not sure why one of the clones was orange), Lockdown, and Prowl's super look. I really want a Prowl toy of that samurai look.

What I didn't like was the whole "you get modified and then you get power-hungry/cocky/careless/lose your true self/for weak processors" crap. I don't see why one has to mean the other in this series. Prowl screwing up at times is fine to show but I didn't like the message where if the playing field is evened a little, you tend to become more Decepticon-ish.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Its kinda like Online games, hackers has a lot of advantage with their mod over those who play clean. Hacker = bad. >_>

Or modified car = illegal.

Something like that.

And the red and white Starscream looked a lot like Armada Starscream.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Great episode, but if we get Prowl w/ sidecar armour, I want my chainsaw-toting Lockdown!
~
Civ

Post by Civ »

SimonMK wrote:Its kinda like Online games, hackers has a lot of advantage with their mod over those who play clean. Hacker = bad. >_>

Or modified car = illegal.
Right but the characters aren't online games or human cars subject to illegal modifications under the law. They're sentient robots who if they aren't in a war, then it's really close to one. I sorta liken it to knights putting on their armor when going into battle. Only in this case, it's robots giving themselves a technological edge so they can better their chances of survival/winning.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up: