Nightbird and Megatron

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

Raksha

Post by starlord »

[Raksha] makes a big deal on the love affair between Megatron and that earth drone,Nightbird.I hope she knows that Megatron was using it to make Screamer jeolous and threaten to replace him with Nightbird. This drone couldn't transform or lead the seekers,much less fly like one.So how in the world was Megatron going to replace his air commander with a drone that couldn't fly much less think for itself? At the end of the episode, Megatron is more concerned with going off Starscream for his treason than saving Nightbird from the autobots. Doesn't sound like a romance?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Uh, yeah, the "Drone" could beat the snot outta Starscream. And the less said about Raksha, the better from what I hear. She's a touchy subject, apparently. And also, apparently, she's been absent from Transformers fandom for 5 years.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Just like the other Raksha (edit: is that even the correct spelling?) themed thread created not too terribly long ago, it is best to leave such matters well alone, especially since the mentioned party is no longer active in the fandom.

But seriously Starlord, with all these threads you create, do you ever intend to contribute to these discussions?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Thread merged and closed with the other recent one. Why does no one ever start threads about me hey? I'm cooler than Raksha, better looking and with a marvellous line in after dinner anecdotes...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If people want to start threads about how others have interpreted the fiction, without the emphasis being on bashing specific people, that's fine -- it's "hur-hur, [x] thinks this" commentary we can do without.
MegatronIDW
Protoform

Post by MegatronIDW »

I am going to retrain myself here. I have said my peice regarding the bashing of this former member of the TF fan community twice now, and been insulted for it, so I will keep myself to the point.

There is no ACTUAL way things happened in fiction. In real life, we can point at something and say "This happened because he felt like this and they felt like this". And we can then ask the person in qustion who can explain themselves. In fiction unless something is explicitly stated there is room for interpretation. It doesn't matter if it's Chekov or Transformers. All fictional worlds are at least partly shaped by the reader/viewer.

So if someone wants to beleive Megatron cared for Nightbird, as I do, that's fine. There's evidence on screen to support it. But, as has been pointed out, there's evidence to the contrary as well.

That said: the minute you start using your conflicting opinion to insult the other fan you're pretty much a total asshole. So if we're really going to have a debate on this topic (Though it's already been argued over several times in TF fandom to my knowledge) let's try and be civil here. Kay?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Oh... God... not again.

It's been 25 years, people. Twenty-Five years.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MegatronIDW wrote:There is no ACTUAL way things happened in fiction. In real life, we can point at something and say "This happened because he felt like this and they felt like this". And we can then ask the person in qustion who can explain themselves
If anything, authorial intent is likely to be a less biased viewpoint than asking someone to explain their own actions... and whether an action is real or fictional, people will still interpret it whatever the stated intentions.

People inveigle, prevaricate and misrepresent. They have less vested interest in doing that with mind constructs than, say, what they were thinking when they had an affair with a political figure.

History's far from being fixed and apart from interpretation.
starlord
Protoform

Raksha for or against Megs

Post by starlord »

She thinks the decepticons are the good guys.That is a matter of opinion but to think Megatron has falling in love with a mindless nonsentient drone is other? I always figure her to be pro megs but by claiming Megs is in love with a drone is giving ammo to Starscream. The whole idea actually put to question his mental health, his intelligence and his ability to lead the decepticons.Who wants a leader who is in love with a non transformer? I won't go on to discuss the insults Screamer might come with. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings,not those who don't know the difference. So it fair to say Nightbird being a drone doesn't.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I merged this with your previous thread, because they seem to be exactly the same.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

starlord wrote: I won't go on to discuss the insults Screamer might come with
Good, because that would make Megatron very sad indeed. :(
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Hm, funny that. This thread discusses Raksha, yet I see Cliffjumper hasn't dived in to unnecessarily close THIS thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's discussing one of her theories, not her actions. That simple. It's the difference between "Hmmm, Damolisher, you don't agree with Tramp's view on a total unified canon, do you?" and "Hmmm, Damolisher, I think you're a bit of a tit".

If someone has a theory that's interesting enough for discussion, that's all well and good. Personal attacks, warranted or not, are different. Any posts that take a personal direction will be deleted.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Yes, because "I'm disgusted by that comment she made" constitutes a personal attack. It's exactly the same as saying "I disagree with what she said." What am I supposed to say: "Gee whilickers, Guys, she just used her friends name disrespectfully, but I'm not allowed to make a statement about it, because even though I'm saying her ACTIONS were disrespectful, it's STILL attacking her somehow!"

Talk about TRYING to find faults.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, you're supposed to not comment at all, like I specifically requested. End of discussion, talk about the theories in this topic or not at all.