[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Return of the Headmaster" -- Episode 18

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Return of the Headmaster" -- Episode 18

Post by Blitzwing »

Despite the poor choice of a villain, I really liked the interaction between the two Prime's. This episode wasn't as good as the last few we've seen, but one of the bright sides was the humour in it. Sentinel laughing at his joke hours after he made it was great. So was Prime coming up with a comeback after they had already split up. Bulkhead's "Are you gonna drink that oil?" had me in stiches too.

I wasn't at all interested in Sari's storyline, although it was interesting when Bulkhead and Bumblebee were trying to come up with reasons why she didn't have any documented evidence of being alive. The fact that they just blurt out the idea that she might actually be a robot gives me some doubts about the theory that she is one. But there must be something to it.

As for the action and everything, it was pretty basic, and you pretty much saw everything coming. But all in all it was a decent filler episode. Shame there was no Jazz though.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I personally kind of liked this episode. The guy who hired Henry Masterson AKA Headmaster is now officially giving me the "willies". Optimus and Sentinel's opening bit was hilarious. And it would seem that Captain Fanzone really does not like Sentinel. It was about time that Sentinel got taught a lesson in humility and who better than Mr. "Total Ownage"?:) It was fun watching Optimus "help" Sentinel. And really nice seeing Optimus "take out his frustration" on Sentinel's body (though I think Optimus was enjoying it a bit too much;)). Shame Headmaster got bailed out... Overall, this was a goo episode, but not as good as The Elite Guard.:swirly:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

When Fanzone let go Masterson, why Optimus Prime didn't let Fanzone listen to what he registered the conversation of Masterson and the other guy? That would had been a proof to keep Masterson in jail.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

It was an interesting episode, makes me wonder now what went on between Sentinel and Optimus. and I wonder if Sentinal will learn to respect traffic laws anytime soon. True I wasn't pleased to see the Headmaster come back, but it actually added some level of intriuge (spelling?) to the episode. I'm really getting interested in Sari's story line. I mean it seems to me she's not going to sit around forever, she's going to try to find out about it.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sari's substory is going to be a sad one I bet. This was a really bipolar episode. Funny on one moment, Badass on the other, and then Sad on the next. Wait... isn't that Tripolar?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

BackTrax wrote:It was an interesting episode, makes me wonder now what went on between Sentinel and Optimus.
From the flashbacks in "Along Came A Spider", it would be safe to assume that Sentinel blamed the whole losing Elita-1 debacle on Optimus Prime, who was too dejected about losing Elita to want to defend himself, and he was sent to do maintenence duty as a punishment.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

Blitzwing wrote:From the flashbacks in "Along Came A Spider", it would be safe to assume that Sentinel blamed the whole losing Elita-1 debacle on Optimus Prime, who was too dejected about losing Elita to want to defend himself, and he was sent to do maintenence duty as a punishment.
Good point, but I think theres alot more involved than that. Not that thats not a big part of it, but it seems like they were talking about a whole other reason in this episode.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I finally watched this one today. Filler episode for sure, crappy Headmaster appearance again, but still it was somewhat enjoyable. Mostly for the interaction between the Primes and for the comedy duo of Bumblebee and Bulkhead. I'm hoping the next episode is better though, this one felt like it was leaving out an awful lot. Where were the rest of the Autobots and Jazz? Where were the Decepticons? I just wished they would have at least cut in to them just to show what was happening behind the scenes.
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Nice episode. It was great to see Sentinel get knocked down a bit. If that wasn't enough, his toy's not looking so good either. Seems that most of Detroit is to to rethink the whole idea of having the Autobots around, and with good reason. Wonder what Powell plans to use the Headmaster for, though. Whatever it is, it can't be good.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Not a bad episode. I am loving the tense relation ship of Optimus and Sentinel.

Also, I thought the Headmaster's way to run away, the way he just spurted out a body and devilishly jogged was cute and funny. haha.
I just wished they would have at least cut in to them just to show what was happening behind the scenes.
I think if they did that it wouldn't have served a story and therefore be a waste.