Sweeps vs seekers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

Sweeps vs seekers

Post by starlord »

Seekers were suppose to find or seek energon and fight while sweeps were suppose to fight and clean up or sweep up their fallen enemies.They both had different purposes for the decepticons.Wouldn't have been bad that the seekers were all destroyed in the old transformer movie since they were the ones who did all seeking of energon.This could explain why the decepticons were starving for it in the episode the five faces of darkness.There were no seekers to search for energon for the other decepticons.Losing the seekers was a bad idea and great loss to decepticons and the transformer world. Anyy ideas? Who do you think is better? the seekers or the sweeps? at fighting or finding energon?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Wow... I actually think I had this exact same train of thought after smoking several bowls to my dome once... I never posted it though.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

"Seekers" is a fan made term that was never officially given for the characters. The term "Seekers" was not used in any official publications until the first issue of the Dreamwave comic, Transformers: The War Within. The term Seeker later received official recognition from Hasbro in 2006 when it was mentioned in the tech spec for Transformers: Titanium Thundercracker.

So I doubt that they had any specific function of "seeking" energon. Strange train of thought though, I wonder what you will come up with next.
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Actually, the Seekers named themselves that as they were all fans of the Who. Likewise the Sweeps took that name as they were all Cybertronian television producers, in honor of May Sweeps
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

dotCommunism wrote:Likewise the Sweeps took that name as they were all Cybertronian television producers, in honor of May Sweeps
I thought it was a Dick van Dyke tribute?

"Chim chiminee, chim chiminee, chim chim chiroo..."
Wreck and Rule!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

It is also doubtfull that all "seekers" were destroyed, there are seen a few on cybertron though the series, and a few unknown decepticons with "seeker" bodies are seen in FFOD.

Also the job of finding energon sources was mostly done with computers or Soundwave and his casettes, if I remember correctly, the seekers just brought it home. Anyone could actualy have brought it home.

The sweeps were acording to Unicrom Scourges huntsmen, I geus that means that they are made for find-and-destroy-missions.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I have to admit, I did always wonder what the whole "seeker" name was supposed to mean.
And I still do.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Simple, they 'seek' and hunt down Autobots - as per Furman's use of the term 'Hunter-Seekers' way way back in the UK comic.