[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Megatron Rising - Part 2" -- Episode 16

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Megatron Rising - Part 2" -- Episode 16

Post by Ackula »

Very interesting episode. Megatron was awesome as I expected he would be. Damn near invincible! We all called it right in the fact that the Autobots were pretty helpless against him. I was really fond of how easily he took down Starscream, although I wanted to see Screamer win out, he never does in any continuity.

The whole episode was pretty much just action so there isn't a lot to say about the story aspect. It was very good action however. I'm a little bit unsure of how to feel about the episodes conclusion. Optimus "disperses" the Allspark and Megs is left battered and beaten, all because of....wait for it...Sari's key! Did anyone not see that coming?

I think it will be interesting to see where the series goes from here, what happens with Sumdac, also what becomes of Starscream and Blackarachnia, as we didn't get to see any follow through on that.

I have to say, I was certain the Dinobots would play into the Autobot's victory, yet it never happened. I'm kinda disappointed that it didn't. I think it would have been nice to tie all the characters together in the episode. Other than that I have no real gripes with this episode.
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

This series is such a blast. I like that the Autobots are apparently learning how to deal with the Decepticons a little better (Prowl's strategy against Blitzwing, for example), though they're still pretty well outmatched (Bumblebee vs. Starscream). More G1 references with the ship crashed into the mountain (maybe that'll be permanent?).
Ackula wrote:The whole episode was pretty much just action so there isn't a lot to say about the story aspect. It was very good action however. I'm a little bit unsure of how to feel about the episodes conclusion. Optimus "disperses" the Allspark and Megs is left battered and beaten, all because of....wait for it...Sari's key! Did anyone not see that coming?

Yeah, I got a little confused about what was going on at the end - somehow Optimus exploded the AllSpark and the Decepticons just took off? Also, what was the important thing Sumdac had to tell Sari?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Rossum wrote:This series is such a blast. I like that the Autobots are apparently learning how to deal with the Decepticons a little better (Prowl's strategy against Blitzwing, for example), though they're still pretty well outmatched (Bumblebee vs. Starscream). More G1 references with the ship crashed into the mountain (maybe that'll be permanent?).

Yeah, I got a little confused about what was going on at the end - somehow Optimus exploded the AllSpark and the Decepticons just took off? Also, what was the important thing Sumdac had to tell Sari?
Yes that was a neat G1 homage with the ship crashing into the mountain ala the Ark. I guess whatever dark secret Sumdac had to tell Sari will have to wait as he is now obviously captured at the hands of Megatron, though I'm not sure what Megs wants him for?
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

"Decepticons Transform and Rise Up!" Great line.

Loved how powerful Megatron is, and how he just tossed the Autobots around in the beginning of the episode. I liked how Starscream got what was coming to him, and he had no idea it was coming either.

I'm glad the Dinobots didn't make an appearance because the Autobots needed to show that they can make a stand on their own. I loved how Prowl, Ratchet and Bumblebee all needed to team up to take Blitzwing down. Bumblebee's jokes were pretty good. Also liked how Bulkhead had to use his brains to beat Lugnut, because he was outmatched in brawn.

I thought it was funny that Megatron wanted to merge the Allspark with his spark to make himself more powerful, where as in the movie it destroyed him. Wasn't a fan of how they needed the key to defeat him, but you could kind of see that coming.

Also, I think the secret Sumdac was going to tell Sari is that she's probobly some type of half human/half machine.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blitzwing wrote: Also, I think the secret Sumdac was going to tell Sari is that she's probobly some type of half human/half machine.
Thats an interesting idea. My wife and I have talked about that a lot since the series first came out. The fact that she appears to be so young and he is at least 60 years old and single is somewhat a give away that she may be one of his robotic creations, or adopted.
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

That was really interesting, I really enjoyed this episode. I agree with most people who think Sari is part machine. the all spark was showing a DNA strand but it got interrupted. I personally wish the dinobots had shown up but it was still a good episode.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

It was a good episode

His helicopter jet is good. Menacing. The swords were good and his canon is huge.

I did wonder what the big secret Sumdac had for Sari. Perhaps she is something diferent. A mecha or something. Or maybe he was going to say he loved her or something. Or secret codes.
Or perhaps she has something inside her.
Or on her. Like her original security pass , that got changed by the All Spark perhaps? In the first episode he was very insistant that she didnt lose it.

Though id have thought she would know what the DNA code is.

The ship jammed insecurely into a mountain is just stupid. I always thought it was a security risk at worst and downright silly in the G1 series.

I hope they pull the ship out and put it somewhere safe.

So whens it coming back?

They put out a list the episodes for season 2 and so i assume they wont leave much time in between or any at all.

I hope it dosnt get cancelled or anything.

I had to watch it on a link at veoh tv because the first part of FanTransformers youtube video stopped after 1 minute or so even though it was meant to be a full half of the epsiode.

Did anyone else find this? I wondered cos there were comments and it looke like some people could get the whole lot.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

The crash into the side of the mountain was a nice homage to G1. And who cares if it's a security risk, it's a kids show.

I know that the next episode "The Elite Guard" is listed on Cartoon Network to be aired next week. No word on anything else after that, so they may do a break between the "seasons".
DirtDigger324
Protoform

Post by DirtDigger324 »

I Think that this was a good episode as well. I think the invincible Decepticons make a good showing everytime they appear in an episode. The Autobots showed just how important teamwork is and that is going to be the way that they are going to make if they want to survive Megatron at all. Sari is very important to the series now and the fact that they chose a girl is somewhat empowering in its own way for all the girl fans. Starscream and Blackarachnia are going to team up kind of like how Pretender Starscream, Shockwave, and other Decepticons did in the comics, at least I think but both of them are double crossers so I don't see it going far. Well other than that good show.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Great episode. I'm pleased that so many loose ends remained at its conclusion (the Dinobots, Blackarachnia, Starscream, Sumdac, etc.). Why try to tie up every storyline in a tidy 21 minutes when you can explore each of those subplots in greater detail moving forward?
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Good season finale, though Megatron's defeat is pretty much recycled from the movie.

So, Megatron's back, is clearly a force to be reckoned with, and has Sumdac as his prisoner. Starscream's offline (he's defeat by Megatron was, oddly enough, EXACTLY how I though it'd be) but he's definitely going to return. And the whole thing about Sari: Apparently I've been a bit in the dark about the speculation of her connection to the All Spark. But it does make me wonder what her dad was going to tell her...

Nice way to end the first part. Now the Elite Guard shows up next week, can't wait!
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Very good episode.

ANIMATED (full season box sets) BETTER BE COMING TO DVD. It is a fantastic cartoon.
Come on and wind me up.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

This is great. It's been years since I been excited about a Transformers cartoon, yet alone any TV show for that matter. This episode contained everything that makes this series great: action, secrets, friendship, Megatron kicking ass, EVERYTHING!!!!
~
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I have to say that as good as the action was, this episode was so far the poorest in regards to writing.

I mean, Sari bites Black Arachnia (a robot) (made of METAL) and she lets go in pain? And Sari flies right in to Ratchet's hand? psh

Also, I'm getting pretty annoyed by Sari's key. It's like the plot cop-out.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vincent wrote:I mean, Sari bites Black Arachnia (a robot) (made of METAL) and she lets go in pain? And Sari flies right in to Ratchet's hand? psh
Blackarachnia is not made only of metal, she has organic components to her physiology. Did you miss the episode Black Friday? The whole plot was to remove her organic bits. I imagine its entirely reasonable she would feel pain since she has organic components as well.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I know she's partly organic but I still think it's a tad far-fetched.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vincent wrote:I know she's partly organic but I still think it's a tad far-fetched.
What exactly is far fetched? Organics feel pain? Bite your hand, tell me what happens.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

It should be noted that I'm not a 30 foot robot. Besides, Arachnia may be organic, but she's PARTLY organic.

That still doesn't justify her flying into Ratchet's reach.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Vincent wrote:It should be noted that I'm not a 30 foot robot. Besides, Arachnia may be organic, but she's PARTLY organic.

That still doesn't justify her flying into Ratchet's reach.
Come on... it's a kids show.