[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Megatron Rising - Part 1" -- Episode 15

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
DirtDigger324
Protoform

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Megatron Rising - Part 1" -- Episode 15

Post by DirtDigger324 »

Megatron has finally shown his true colors and it was classic. Starscream now will answer to Megatron. When Megatron interferred with the fight between he and Bumblebee it was classic. Then the coming of the key everything is now coming together. The look on Starscream's face was in fact priceless. With less G1 references this episode did not need one.The Autobots will not know what hit them they barely do anyway when it comes to fighting with Decepticons anyway. They had trouble when it was only one Starscream against all five of them. Even had problems with two Decepticons against five. They need more firepower and to stop whining like well you know. All I am saying is that the Universe needs to fear Megatron is here. Keep your eyes on next week. All Hail Megatron forever ha ha ha ha! okay a little dramatic but you get the point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

One of us is on speed. I'd tell you which one, but my brain seems to have melted.
Ackula

Reaction Thread: "Megatron Rising Part 1" episode 15

Post by Ackula »

I must start off by saying this was by far the best episode to date. I think that the way the series has treated the Decepticons thus far by having them only show up once in a blue moon is really paying off now, because it has foreshadowed just what a major threat they are going to be combined. Past episodes we have seen the Autobots struggle to win against only one Decepticon, or in the case of Lugnut and Blitzwing two, but now we are going to see just how awesome a force they can be combined.

I like just how easy it was for them to take the key from Ratchet. Just like how easily Starscream could throw Bumblebee around like a rag doll. The Decepticons are powerful, and the show is conveying that well! I do wonder what will happen to Starscream now that Megatron has returned though....

Megatron's return is being handled well I do think. The key was always the one thing that would fix him up just so quickly, I think we have all seen that happening in advance. However without last weeks episode we wouldn't have had the body. I think the story has been building very well to reach this point. Excellent job, in my eyes at least, on the writer's part.

My money is on the Dinobots coming in at the last moment to help the Autobots on next weeks episode, because without some sort of heavy hitters they are really going to be outmatched. I guess another option could be the ship turning into Omega Supreme, or the Autobots showing up from Cybertron to help...but my moneys on the Dinobots. What think you lot?
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

Very nice episode, and I'm sure next week will be even better!

Ackula, I think the other Autobots, like Sentinel Prime are supposed to show up, aren't they? There's been a preview floating around showing them on Earth, so I'm thinking they'll be coming to help.

And yeah, the Decepticons completely steal the show every time they show up, especially Starscream. The return of Megatron (with new design!) atually seems threatening. If Starscream can beat Bumblebee without even breaking a sweat, Megatron is going to completely crush them all!

The meltdown of the Autobot team seemed a little surprising, maybe because Prime hasn't been the focus of many episodes. His sudden freak-out over the Decepticons' presence, and no one listening to him, didn't quite seem in character. Nice to see conflict though. This series is so much fun. :)
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I agree, this was definately the best episode of the series so far. I love how all of the loose ends that were left around are coming together.

Loved Starscream in this episode. We haven't seen him do much of anything since the movie pilot. I loved how Bumblebee wasn't even a factor against him. He just laughed off his electro shock. Lugnut and Blitzwing were great as usual. I like how they toned down Blitzwing's "crazy face", although it is funny if they use it sparingly. And he ripped off Ratchet's arm, that was pretty badass!

The Decepticons are clearly superior to the Autobots, but I think it will be their in-fighting that will bring them down. BlackArachnia and the Dinobots will definately factor into the conclusion as well. Can't wait until next week!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Rossum wrote: Ackula, I think the other Autobots, like Sentinel Prime are supposed to show up, aren't they? There's been a preview floating around showing them on Earth, so I'm thinking they'll be coming to help.
According to episode summaries that have been released the Cybertronian Elite Guard along with Sentinel Prime are set to appear in episode 17. I'm assuming they will not factor into the finale for this Megatron 2 part story arc. I could be wrong though, just speculation.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

It was a lot of fun. And in Prime's defense, he's finally doing something he should have done as soon as he figured out Sari had the key. Training a little girl to fight 40 foot robots with her hands and feet is foolish, if not dangerous. The fact that, with the possible exception of Ratchet, the rest of his team wasn't exactly supportive, probably didn't help him much.

Never mind the bit with the Dinobots.

Unlike Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and apparently Prowl, Prime knows how much of a chance they have, especially if the Decepticons start working together.

Since the Elite Guard's supposed to show up, the odds are good that the resolution to Megatron's return may well mean Detroit's going to get ravaged over the next couple of episodes.

The one thing I couldn't figure out was how they knew to go after Ratchet. The impression I got was that Blackarachnia wasn't in contact with the rest of the 'Cons.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

This has to be the best episode of the season. (though my personal fav is still blast from the past) I think this is why they were giving us those crappy human villians like head master and meltdown. because compared to them, the decpticons are now really damn scary! And to see Megatron is like "HOLY @!$%" My thoughts are that yes the dinobots will come to the aid, and just at the very end the other autobots will show up when Prime is wining and they will steal the glory.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I must say is it me or does Lugnut sound alot like G1 Devastator?
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

that was all kinds of spectacular and i want to see a massive transformers fight!!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Ravage wrote:I must say is it me or does Lugnut sound alot like G1 Devastator?
Never really noticed that. Can't say I really hear a similarity either, but it may just be me.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

They do sound a little similar now that you mention it.

"Lugnut says, your end is near!"
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Absolutely fantastic. That's how I'd describe this episode. Everything is coming to a head nicely; the whole thing's bubbling over with Meg's expected Resurrection, Sari's clash with the 'Bots and Bulkhead's revelation that the Dinobot's were still alive (I expect the Dinobot's will come back and save the day in the next episode). That whole section made me laugh out loud and Prime's reaction was great. Prime's character was also nicely explored in this episode and the comparisons with BW continue as he's very much like Primal with the whole self-doubt, not as good at controlling his troops and inspiring loyalty as G1 Prime was. I hope by the end of the series he's managed to find some confidence and rally his troops. In other words build some leadership skills.

I think the major strength of the series, like BW, is the time spent developing the characters in the episodes and their respective interactions. The 'Cons interacted in interesting ways and, again, were very funny; most of the 'Bots have well developed characters and relationships, and Sari is, as ever, a fantastic little character. I love her. The way the series has introduced and developed one or two characters per episode has really paid off and each character feels like someone you really know and understand. As a result seeing someone like Blackarachnia, who hasn't been seen in a while, is a joy and I can't wait to own each and every toy for the characters.

As you can guess I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, looking forward to the concluding episode and can't wait for the next season, which according to Wiki continues immediately after this. Fantastic!
Ackula wrote:I think the story has been building very well to reach this point. Excellent job, in my eyes at least, on the writer's part.
Seconded. The writing, along with the dialogue, and the voice acting too, has been superb. Hell, the whole thing's been great, but especially the writing. And the dialogue, and the animation. Oh, hell!
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Worst thing they could do now is have the Decepticons become a goon squad making an appearence every episode.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Absolutely fantastic episode. Exactly what this series needed, and long overdue.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Not much more I can add to what's been said. This was a great episode and the series is as good a Transformer series as there has ever been.
Come on and wind me up.
CJHawk
Protoform

Post by CJHawk »

I've been slowly catching up with the show as Cartoon Network posts them on their Toonami site. I just saw this yesterday and couldn't believe how good it was. I wish the movie had writing and storytelling as good as Animated has. As you all have said before the character development has been excellent in the show and this episode is the best I have seen. I diidn't think the previous 2 episodes had been quite as good, but clearly they were setting the stage for this episode. I can't wait to catch Part 2 next week (yes, i know i can catch all the episodes on YouTube, but I've got a Saturday morning ritual going about catching the newest episode when Cartoon Network posts them online...).
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Wow, Megatron is sweet!

When Bumblebee approaches the tower and notices Starscream standing among the rubble, was I the only one who thought there was a striking resemblance to the scene in the original movie whe Hot Rod spotted Starscream? Or maybe it's just me. I'm not sure if it's intended.

Regarding Easter Eggs, considering your reactions I guess there's been alot. Could a list be compiled? I'd like to see that. Though, to be honest, I think you guys are reading too much into it haha.