Adult themes in the movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

Adult themes in the movie

Post by starlord »

Did you think that there were too many adult situations in the movie for young kids to see?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Such as?

(And bearing in mind the film's a 12 certificate over here, and presumably something like that in the US, so little kids shouldn't be watching and there's little excuse to dumb down for the sake of people who can't be bothered to parent...)
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

It's PG-13 here in the US, meaning that some material may not be suitible for children under thirteen. It is still up to the idividual parent if they feel it is or not.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I took my eight year old son to see it. There wasn't anything I felt that was too inappropriate for him. We are very open with him about sex and explaining "where babies come from", ect...and always have been though, so maybe thats why. He seems more like a 60 year old man than an 8 year old most of the time anyways.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

i didnt think so

kids understand dates kissing etc

no swearing.

americans are curiously prudish about other stuff but they use cuss words like nothing when its swearing here sometimes.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The Scraplets positively howled with joy to hear 'oh, shit!' said - that being Spike's famous expletive cut from the UK TF:TM release, for them as ain't onboard with it yet (is there anyone not?).

The rest they were either able to live with or ignored in their innocence. :halo:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I can't wait to see the TV version, no doubt the Masterbation gag will be rendered nonsense. Though nothing will equal the "Why me, why me, why me!" version of Robocop ITV used to play.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Personally? I don't think it is too adult at all. Kids know kissing. They loved "OH SHIT!!!" of Frenzy.

Other things are subtle, such as Frenzy's middle finger (At the Air Force One scene, when he returns to Barricade. Watched the DVD, slowed it down and laaaaaaaughed)

The only adult thing is "Sam, are you masturbating?" But that's easily remedied.
Lufbery
Protoform

Post by Lufbery »

If we're being honest with ourselves, the masturbation reference is more of an adolescent theme than an adult theme. :)

Frankly, I'm more worried about the violence than the (extremely mild) sexual references.

Anyway, define "young kid." My two-year-old gets upset by the fighting and music. I don't let him watch the movie. When he's five, it will probably be the coolest thing ever, but he'll also probably get in trouble at school for acting out the fight scenes. My best friend's four-year-old son recently got in trouble for acting out scenes from the Pirates movies.

Regards,

-Drew
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

The only thing I found that would be bad for the little ones is that the movie is really long. It's hard to keep a kid in a chair for almost 3 hours. However, I did find it strange that the Autobots decided to stand around on watch Shia and Megan make-out rather viciously on Bumblebee's hood.
~
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Ostentatious wrote:Shia and Megan make-out rather viciously on Bumblebee's hood.
It was probobly the first time a lot of kids found out about a "3-way".
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

it was perfect. we're all glad they didn't dumb it down like the old series.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

Denyer wrote:Such as?

(And bearing in mind the film's a 12 certificate over here, and presumably something like that in the US, so little kids shouldn't be watching and there's little excuse to dumb down for the sake of people who can't be bothered to parent...)
it was pg-13 here, i'd assume that's similar to your 12 certificate...
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Leaking lubricant on someone's head is hardly an "adult" situation, but it made me squirm. It is just weird and makes me think the filmakers had some kind of fetish.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Starfield wrote:Leaking lubricant on someone's head is hardly an "adult" situation, but it made me squirm. It is just weird and makes me think the filmakers had some kind of fetish.
i thought that was just a bit chuckle worthy. hardly fetish material
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!