[Animated] Sari's Key

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

[Animated] Sari's Key

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Okay, since some people are complaining about Sari's key, here you can discuss what you like or don't like about it.

Personally, I'm not sure what to think about it. Sari is kinda cute, but the key seems to just be some way of making her necessary to the plot. I mean, without the key, Prowl might have died, Prime might have died, and the Dinobots wouldn't have been given sparks.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

I have mixed feelings about it honestly, cause one, yes it does seem to be a easy fix, but if you think about it, didnt giving the dinobots sparks make thing abit more difficult for the autobots? It also seems to make Sari a more important cast member than "annoying human side kick" I'll admit to complaining about the key, but I see some value to it as well. I'm open for debates though.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

The Sari-key trick could get to be overused, but for now I think it's a fairly convenient way to get things going without needing to waste too much time on details. In some 5 or so episodes, we've already brought Megatron back to life, and created the Dinobots--the use of the key in doing both is kind of a cheat, but one that saves time, series-wise. We don't have to see long explanations or justifications for how the Dinobots come to life, or why Megatron re-awakens. I'm sure arguments could be made for this being a bad thing, but in terms of moving events along briskly this early on, the key is kind of handy.

Plus, the bringing-back-to-life thing is another cheat, but it does allow the Decepticons to be actual, dangerous threats to the Autobots within the show. Instead of everyone just being mysteriously invincible to weapons, like in the original cartoon (seems that way to me), the Autobots can be seriously harmed by the Decepticons, since Sari's key allows them to recover.
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Yeah, I guess with the Decepticons being the threat that they are, it would make sense for the Autobots to have some way to be repaired (at least for major damages, 'cause if it's a minor damage, they always have Ratchet). And bringing the Dinobots to life and reactivating Megatron were good plot developments. I just hope that it doesn't get more powerful than that, and it would be a good thing near the end if the key became useless, or if the Decepticons somehow got it and used it to their own ends. Anyway, that's just what I think.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I don't exactly love it as a plot device. The ability to just bring anyone back from the dead negates the sense of danger that should be felt when the big baddies attack. I suppose it is explainable enough and viable that it can do such, because it is an extension of the Allspark, however I think it is much too powerful an artifact for either faction to control.

I have a feeling that once the other Autobots find Prime and his crew on Earth, they will come for the Allspark. Chances are they will most likely want to take the key into possession as well. Of course I'm just speculating at this point.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

i think its interesting.

But the bringing the autobots back to life when they get heavily pounded might get a bit wearing.

id have thought they wouldnt be damaged so much by falls from high buildings and stuff.

i think its something a LOT bigger than it seems.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

it could work
who Knows?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
redconvoy
Protoform

Sari? Is that her name?

Post by redconvoy »

You mean to tell me that is the purpose of that annoying red headed child? I cannot get into it because she reminds me of some Mary Sue in a badly written fanfic! I turned the first ep off after the first few minutes. I guess I am too used to the G1 and G2 versions that anything after is not good to me. I know they weren't the best either, but there are too many kids running rampant. To me, they are unnecessary and like self-insertion characters, wishful thinking to be part of the Transformers Universe.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

They need to have a human character that kids can relate to. I think that Sari is a far better choice than some other humans we've seen in TF lore. Plus they are making her character pretty interesting in season 2 episodes with the fact that she has no proof of identity and the theory that she is really a robot.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

It is interesting to think she is a robot which is why that key works like those transformers that had keys at one time. Still it is little bit strange that key could bring Prowl back to life and create life. The key to the matrix. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

I think Sari is a Energy being.

She is made of energy like Dawn was made from The Key in Buffy.

She is made from the same energy that made the All Spark.

So the Key is part of her.

Or she is something else.

Check out my art here

Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Nope, Sari's
SPOILER! (select to read)
a robot. From what I've read, it's not just speculation, it's fact.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

:citation: From what I've read, they haven't said what Sari is yet. I also am leaning to that theory.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Damolisher is
right. In A Bridge Too Far Part 2, her arm's skin peeled away revealing Cybertronian technology.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

Well what is Damolisher?

Not in it I hope.

If you mean that stupid combiner then they made a bad descision.

But I do not know what Damolisher is because I cannot read the spoiler covered text.

Why put spoiler warnings when people who are reading this thread clearly want to know stuff and think about it.

How are you supposed to read the covered text?

Check out my art here

Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

It's quite simple. You just
highlight the text within the spoiler area. :D
Wreck and Rule!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Wingsabre wrote: But I do not know what Damolisher is because I cannot read the spoiler covered text.

Why put spoiler warnings when people who are reading this thread clearly want to know stuff and think about it.

How are you supposed to read the covered text?
Damolisher is a member here, not a TF character. We use spoiler tags because not everyone wants the episodes ruined for them before they ever watch them (myself included). If you want to read what is in a spoiler tag you simple highlight the text box and you will see it.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

Thanks.

Personally spoilers annoy me.

But they are useful sometimes.

What do you mean by highlight?

Color it up like you are going to copy it?

Check out my art here