IDW Dreamwave reprints

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

IDW Dreamwave reprints

Post by Denyer »

Thus far IDW have reprinted G1 Volume 1, G1 Volume 2, The War Within and War Within: Dark Ages, plus a smattering of issues in TF Magazine.

It seems unlikely more will follow unless the material is legally cleared from the Dreamwave bankruptcy proceedings. (Doesn't seem likely at this juncture.)

Reviews of DW stuff can be found here:

http://tfarchive.com/comics/dreamwave/
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Well, since that is the only thing holding them back, I would say it is only a matter of time then. The material can't remain in litgation limbo forever. I would say the same thing goes for the unprinted material, so there is hope. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In addition to any unprinted stuff, a publisher has to be willing to buy the existing uncompensated material.

Basically anyone that did it would be paying out a largish sum up-front just to reprint stuff, then buying in more (publishing which would directly compete with any other TF products that were being released.)

And whoever does it has to have the TF comics license from Hasbro if looking to monetise the content.

That light up ahead is probably just a train.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I don't think it is. I once wrote to IDW via e-mail about this back when they first started, and they had told me that they would like to finish all those loose-ends, but the only thing holding them back was the litigation. Based upon that, I am positive, once the litigation is finished, IDW will pick up where DW left off, while also working on their current story lines. That includes buying the existing uncompensated works.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Tramp
The material can't remain in litgation limbo forever.

*cough*Miracleman*cough*

Better material than some crappy TF comics have been in limbo for considerably longer periods of time.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Though TF has a better chance of getting resolved due to Alan Moore not being involved...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Halfshell
Though TF has a better chance of getting resolved due to Alan Moore not being involved...

He's not involved in the MM dispute... The assumption the litigation will finish without IDW's views changing just strikes me as naive...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Of course, it could be that the DW trades they've already done haven't sold well enough to make it worthwhile as well...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
He's not involved in the MM dispute...

Oh, that's right. He just disassociates himself these days, doesn't he?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Tramp
I once wrote to IDW via e-mail about this back when they first started

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24430
Originally posted by Ryall
I'd always wanted to get that DW stuff finished for the fans who suffered through the collapse, but the further we all get away from it, the more I'd rather expend energy on our stuff, especially with there being no end to the bankruptcy that's holding that material back anyway.
http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=366

Furman's possibly up for allowing the WW:AOW scripts/outlines to go online. We've seen similar with 3H material being turned onto teh intarwebs this year.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Anyone know if the DW G1 V1 TPB reprint has #0 in it, ditto whether the "vague stuff happens underwater" story snippet was included?
synapse
Protoform

Post by synapse »

Both parts are included in the TPB reprint (I have both G1 trades, yes :P)