Transformers 2: a story of a missing TF

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cobalt_Anubis
Protoform

Transformers 2: a story of a missing TF

Post by Cobalt_Anubis »

i was informed by somefriends at the local movie theater that transformers 2 (yes another one :)) is going to revolve around the story of a TF that was missing from the movie. so after seeing the movie i went through a list of every TF i could think of that wasnt in the movie. my friend said he couldnt tell me which one is was right out but he said that its name was "Snow _____" so i started thinking and for the life of me i couldnt think of the name.
but anyway, apparently the next TF movie is going to revolve around that TF's story.
Skywarp77
Protoform

Post by Skywarp77 »

I read on Wikipedia, of all places, that they have already green lighted transformers 2 & 3.

"On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two sequels to Transformers,[98] and Shia LaBeouf,[99] Megan Fox[100] and Peter Cullen[38] signed on to return. Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, the Constructicons, and Soundwave.[15] Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman may not return, as "Star Trek... is taking up kind of all of our time."[26] Michael Bay has not signed on, "trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations",[38] but already has ideas, including an aircraft carrier character. "

Box office performance
When released in overseas markets on June 28, 2007, Transformers made $29.5 million in its first weekend, topping the box office in ten countries while also earning the biggest four-day opening in Singapore yet, accumulating $1.7 million there.[78] The 8pm screenings on July 2, 2007 in the United States earned $8.8 million,[79] and in its first day of general release it grossed $27.4 million, a record for Tuesday box office attendance.[80] The film has made $36 million domestically, and grossed $72 million overall.

I don't know how accurate it is, afterall it is on the internet, but it seems genuine. It has some intesting information about the draughts of the script and designs and about which transformers where in and out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transforme ... 29#Sequels
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

I hope your joking, cause its going to revolve around Soundwave the most popular transformer.

I hope they implement an idea....

I hope that Megatron, Barricade, Blackout, Bonecrusher and Brawl come back. IMHO I think those 5 should be salvaged by the constructicons in the next move and remade into the combaticons, with Megatron being the leader of the group being a Missile carrier, stealth bomber triple changer and the rest of the gang stay as there orginal form with Frenzy being the Head XD.

I think in Transformer 2, many of the Decepticons should be combiners, triple changers or groups. Say Megs and the original 4 should become the combaticons, Starscream with his F-22 Raptor Strikeforce, Constructicons, Soundwave with Ravage and Lazerbeak. Stunticons should be weak but more of a hit and run group you just cant catch them. and have Astro Train and Bltzwing in the group so all posing a real threat. The first movie shows that the decepticons are weak but when combined become a brute force and hard to deal with. Also without a doubt the Decepticons should have an aircraft carrier robot, it wouldnt be threatening to the world at all if the autobots had it and thus they were able to retrieve the decepticons remains from the first movie.
Clogs

Re: Transformers 2: a story of a missing TF

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Cobalt_Anubis
my friend said he couldnt tell me which one is was right out but he said that its name was "Snow _____" so i started thinking and for the life of me i couldnt think of the name.
but anyway, apparently the next TF movie is going to revolve around that TF's story.

Snowcat? Why?

I like Soundwave better. And Tidal Wave options, although that might be just a kickback to prove they can do it. Soooo the 3rd movie will have Metroplex....?

Let's not speculate. Let's wait. :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

I think your friend was talking about Soundwave (not snow something). Producer Tom de Santo has said that he wants to include Soundwave in a sequel, but he never said the movie would "revolve" around him.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

SPOILER TAGS please people-its not out everywhere yet(3 weeks tomorrow here in the UK)
I can see Im going to have to dodge my favourite place for TF related news and nonsense(here) til ive seen it cos people cant follow the rules.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
TechOrganic
Protoform

Post by TechOrganic »

maybe starscream is gonna take the lead in season two...since he is one of the ones who didnt die...
and notice the end where he flies off to space?(after the part sam's parents got interviewed)
and notice that after bombing a few jets...he transforms back into one ...and later on...we never see him doin anything to stop the rest...possible betrayal?
Jazz: Aww man,even when Optimus regain leadership i STILL dont get a good part.dam scriptwriters.Luckily im on Dinobot Island with u guys.
Grimlock: Me Grimlock dont care about stupid scriptwriters.Me think Jazz smart to stay in paradise with Dinobots.Now we no need fight. *drinks energon from coconut husk*
Me Grimlock now sleep,grimlock want tanning to impress ladies.

+and that is what happen to those forgotten G1 characters...lol+
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by martyboy70
SPOILER TAGS please people-its not out everywhere yet(3 weeks tomorrow here in the UK)
I can see Im going to have to dodge my favourite place for TF related news and nonsense(here) til ive seen it cos people cant follow the rules.

Heh. I read the novel... :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The name may well be snowjob here, folks. If they just greenlighted the movie, all we have are interviews of what they'd like to do.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

They haven't green-lighted either 2 or 3 as a movie.. they're only soliciting scripts. That means, naturally, there's absolutely NOTHING right now concrete about what the next movie WILL have, or even if it WILL be done in the first place.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Sound cool ... I wonder if they will bring back Megatron. I hope UltraMagnus will be in the next movie.

Spoiler:
I personally can't see how they will make another movie.
the only thing i can see them doing is something with Starscream.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by miked23
Spoiler:

Wouldn't we all like to do that, darling ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by martyboy70

Just don't read the movie forum until then. Simple as.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, the toys and the movie have recieved rave reviews. I don't think they'll pass up the opportunity to put out another one.
Originally posted by miked23

Well, there are more decepticon names than I care to count, so I don't think they'll have much of a problem with making a sequel.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Well, the toys and the movie have recieved rave reviews. I don't think they'll pass up the opportunity to put out another one.

and that's why you'll be in line with me in two years to see the second.

and in three to see the third.

ah, whoring kids toys and making a boatload of money. the american dream...
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

Optimus Prime and Starscream are more popular than Soundwave so no way will the film "revolve" around him. No one would base a movie on such an uncharasmatic bore anyway :laugh:
Crisis
Protoform

Post by Crisis »

Honestly - and hey, first post, hello, all - After I saw the movie, I began watching the G1 Transformers (Growing up, all I had to go on was Beast Wars... and until recently, I've never really gone back to watch Transformers.) ... and it strikes me that the creators of the (possible) second film NEED to implement Soundwave... but maybe not revolve the entire story around his being there. Personally, when (not if) Megatron returns ... we all remember what happened the FIRST time the Decepticons were "sunk to the bottom of the ocean"... I'd love to see the classic Starscream-Megatron dysfunctional relationship we saw a hint of in the movie ("You fail me yet again, Starscream!") ... whatever the case, I'm hoping we'll at least get a sequel!

And. . . .
Originally posted by Starscreamer
Optimus Prime and Starscream are more popular than Soundwave so no way will the film "revolve" around him. No one would base a movie on such an uncharasmatic bore anyway :laugh:

Heeey, nobody calls Soundwave ... unchrassamatic..
fabiobasile
Protoform

so easy...

Post by fabiobasile »

Megatron ends up at the bottom of the ocean after being "destroyed", he then gets revived by Unicron(!!!). Meanwhile Starscream takes Megs place, Megatron, coming back as Galvatron is pissed and blasts Starscream into oblivion. In this whole situation i think the missing autobot can be either Arcee or... why ruling out even WheelJack?
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" response by Megatron: "Bite my shiny metal ass!"
Cobalt_Anubis
Protoform

Post by Cobalt_Anubis »

well im not sayin soundwave is completely out of TF #2, but he died in the first movie. He was the little boom box that Knocked his own head off w/ a ninja-like blade. i didnt relize it at frist but that is soundwave, unfortunatly the doesnt have lazerbeak or the others(not to mention he is much smaller). i do hope soundwave is in the second movie but im not sure he will b.
fabiobasile
Protoform

Post by fabiobasile »

mmh... maybe the little boombox was not meant to be Soundwave... for some reason i would have pictured Soundwave being a bulky guy, perhaps one of those big luxury entertainment centers or a Fender's concert-size speaker... :P

Or how about one of those granny's big ole' radios? :)

"As you command Megatron" would still be a great line, IMO.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" response by Megatron: "Bite my shiny metal ass!"