What is your favorite part in the '86 movie?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
metroprimeus
Protoform

Post by metroprimeus »

Originally posted by Hound
My favorite part is when the Decepticons bust into the shuttle and start killing Autobots. Brutal scene. Shame the rest of the movie couldn't have been as good.

yes...that was a shocker. I was only 10 then and can't believe that 4 of the veteran autobots die in a span of 30 seconds.

they actually die? I believed that most of them are injured more severely in season 1 and 2 and are alway eligible for repairs again and again

looking back now, that was easily the most thrilling scene of the movie that set the tone for the assault on autobot city.

the producers should have increased the bodycounts higher for the battle of autobot city.

yes...show the blood and gore as the autobots bravely defended the city.
Hang on to your dreams, the Future is built on dreams, Hang on...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by metroprimeus

they actually die?

Yes, Brawn is dead.
lfitz
Protoform

Post by lfitz »

megatron changing to galvatron

and

hot rod changing to rodimus
Ramjet's Ghost
Protoform

Post by Ramjet's Ghost »

I liked the way Optimus Prime gave out his commands in the movie. You could tell this wasn't just another episode.

"Dinobots, destroy Devastator!" - since when did Prime tell his troops to kill a 'Con. He usually said something like "attack" or "let 'em have it." In the movie it just made you realise this was it.

My favorite part had to be Prime same as killing Megatron.

F Hot Rod.
Go Herd!
verytired

Post by verytired »

Not my fav part, but it was the scene that always stuck with me: Primes death, especially after all the rubbish with the Matrix.
The machines flat line, everyones stares on in horror as his body goes grey, his head falls to the side and Daniel bursts into tears holding Optimus's enormous hand. I couldn't watch it as a kid when there were family around, as I was embarrased if I started crying.
It was my first touch of death as a kid. I know Prowl and Co. bought the farm spectacularly at the beginning, but that was combat, so it kind of made sense to me (as a kid): these guys were fighting all the time. But Optimus had made it, yet... didn't.

(and yes, looking back you have to ask why he went grey, it makes no sense: and also, why no one seems to be actually doing anything to help the sap, or how come hot Rod gets over his involvement so quickly... but those are thoughts that came with adult hood for me.)
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Well I have to say that the first 30 to 40 minutes are gold, but my
favorite scene is the Ultra Magnus death scene. Honestly it's sad
funny , and a plot twist. Plus, I love that whole"Open! Damit,
Open!!" thing.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I love the opening shot of space and Unicron; kinda 'nothing to worry about out here' followed by the shark-in-Jaws moment, which is reflected by the music.

The thing with Prime doing his stuff and NOT being a big girl's blouse was pretty cool, too, though. Who fed him testosterone-loaded energon? Well, better late than never, I suppose, but it did wear off by the time he was resurrected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

What I love about the opening of the Movie is the way it deliberately mimicks the opening of More Than Meets The Eye, creates a sense of "seen it all before" that makes the sudden deaths all the more shocking.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by verytired
It was my first touch of death as a kid.

Got to conur on that, actually... when I saw the thing I was little enough that it can't have been that long beforehand that I got my head around the concept of death, and most relatives around that time who kicked it were distant enough that I never really heard about it... It's about the first time I can really recall that sort of final feeling (watching as a kid, the deaths of the shuttle crew are pretty rushed through... to a young mind used to cartoons where people get shot and get back up [even playing with the toys, no-one ever died, everyone just got "knocked out" - funnily enough, this still holds true for me now when playing with Lego and/or Gobots, death would bring too much real-world sentiment into a fun game], there's nothing to suggest they're dead - when I got the video years later, it was the first time I really noticed things like the smoke coming from Prowl's mouth, while I'd either missed or totally repressed the "such heroic nonsense" part).

Ramblicious.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
when I got the video years later, it was the first time I really noticed things like the smoke coming from Prowl's mouth

Oh dear God, how could you miss that?! Absolutely freaks me out still, far more than Ironhides death.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Oh dear God, how could you miss that?! Absolutely freaks me out still, far more than Ironhides death.

How many times when you were six did you actually sit down and just watch TV?
inflatable dalek

A worryingly large amount in my case actually. I used to sneak down at 4 in the mourning and put Postman Pat videos on. Now I think of it I also used to use the pause button (on the front of the actual video, no mamby pamby remotes in those days) to do through vids-including the TF film- frame by frame, I was absolutely fasinated by how the pictures put together made movement. Dear God I was/am a sad case...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ahh, y'see, I'd always be playing at something at the same time... come to think of it, I basically do that now - Who and Peepshow are about the only things I can sit and watch, anything else (including films etc.) tends to be wallpaper to computing or something...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Clogs
I love the opening shot of space and Unicron; kinda 'nothing to worry about out here' followed by the shark-in-Jaws moment, which is reflected by the music.
Yay! I get the same goosebump-ily feeling about that scene as well. True, the scene itself defies logic, but during the first 10 seconds of the movie, when our beloved plot device passes between two neighboring stars - and yes, the the first few seconds of opening soundtrack that accompanies the scene, is so special. Loved that brief moment so much, that, as a bratling, I would rewind the VHS over, and over, and over, again, just to take it all in......but not in slow motion, and therefore not as sad ;).
Hound

Post by Hound »

I did. I don't know how because it takes a lot of effort to do it now.

I could sit down and watch without interruption entire episodes of He-Man, Transformers and Voltron then that somehow do nothing but induce sleep now.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by Hound
I did. I don't know how because it takes a lot of effort to do it now.

I could sit down and watch without interruption entire episodes of He-Man, Transformers and Voltron then that somehow do nothing but induce sleep now.
With me it was Speed Racer ... man I'm old....
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That's nothing, by the sounds of it I had ADD or something when I was a kid...
inflatable dalek

Mind, a half hour TV show seemed much longer back then.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I've just rewatched it. Once again dispite the plot holes, the Galactus ripoff and the fact it doesn't really totally comply with previous continunity it's still an awesome film.

It's just so enjoyable. Every moment of the film is fun and every sceen and line of dialogue is funking cool.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by zigzagger
Yes, Brawn is dead.

Except in Carnage in C-Minor where we see him battle...FOR the decepticons.

That traitorous bastard. Image