Who is your favourite Transformer?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
onslaughtforever
Protoform

Post by onslaughtforever »

No arm, hmm. Well, you could say he was damaged in battle.
botfromny27
Protoform

Post by botfromny27 »

Originally posted by onslaughtforever
No arm, hmm. Well, you could say he was damaged in battle.

Oh I had 101 different stories ... I got use out of him ... until I FINALLY got a whole one (I've had 4 ones since, not counting the Power Master Prime ... I never liked that one to be honest).
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

UltraMagnus is my all time favorite Autobot, due to his White Prime and good character traits. He and I are very alike. I just
want to say I've decided my favorite Decepticon is now
STARSCREAM ... for no reason.

New Encore Reissues. Getting a G1 Prime just got worse.
Oh... well we can still get Ultra Magnus!
holygrail_4
Protoform

Post by holygrail_4 »

Powerglide.

He don't get the cred he deserves but this little guy has saved the autobots skins more than one. That and he was my first ever Transformer. :D

As for a con, well, I've always thought Shockwave stood out for against some of the more boneheaded troops.
Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

I have a few faves to be honest

Galvatron - he was Megatron 2.0. Nimoy's portrayal of him was brilliant, and to me he seemed to be the villain Megatron wasnt (although I love Megatron). Season's 3 and 4 ruined the character a bit for me as I wasnt very fond of Welker's interpretation of him and even though the insanity plotline was clever it began to annoy me after a while. In the Headmasters series he was great again (plus his "master-plan" was to become a great big fat guy!), pity about his very unfitting death

Soundwave - He's just Soundwave. Enough said.

Deszaras - I love Deszaras just because he comes across to me as the most fitting Decepticon leader purely because he's twice as big as his minions (Scorponok was big but Zarak didn't really look the part of leader in Headmasters if you ask me). Plus he has a big gun that ISN'T a fusion cannon :D

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
onslaughtforever
Protoform

Favorite transformer, I have many. Who was the one who came out of the pool in the 2007 transfromers movie?
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Favorite transformer, I have many. Who was the one who came out of the pool in the 2007 transfromers movie?

I believe it was Ironhide

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
AskShockwave
Protoform

Post by AskShockwave »

I've always been far more into the original comics than any other iteration, so them's my source!

I'd have to say Prowl (well-rounded character) and Shockwave, especially his babbling, introverted Time Wars-self. Fairly logical choices, nfact.

In terms of toys, I've always loved the Micromasters, and Pretender Waverider. Purely sentimental reasons, being the first TFs i ever had, but the Pretenders could've been so much cooler.
botfromny27
Protoform

Post by botfromny27 »

Originally posted by AskShockwave
I've always been far more into the original comics than any other iteration, so them's my source!

I'd have to say Prowl (well-rounded character) and Shockwave, especially his babbling, introverted Time Wars-self. Fairly logical choices, nfact.

In terms of toys, I've always loved the Micromasters, and Pretender Waverider. Purely sentimental reasons, being the first TFs i ever had, but the Pretenders could've been so much cooler.

I think most of the toy lines from Headmasters to the end of G1 all could have been cool if they did dumb down the transformation, and make them look like baby toys.
ShyLight
Protoform

Post by ShyLight »

I'd have to say Sideswipe, Prowl and Ironhide would have to be my favorites personally.
ShyLight
Protoform

Post by ShyLight »

...And Soundwave! How did I forget Soundwave?
onslaughtforever
Protoform

I am back. Been 2 deaths in my family.

Sideswipe is a cool dude. I still love Cyclonus. He reminds me of Pinhead.
botfromny27
Protoform

Post by botfromny27 »

I am back. Been 2 deaths in my family.

Sideswipe is a cool dude. I still love Cyclonus. He reminds me of Pinhead.

Sorry about your lose hope everything is okay.
twiggy240582
Protoform

Post by twiggy240582 »

Megatron ,Galvatron and Cyclonus are cool but I really like Impactor and Straxus from the comics (wish we seen more of them)
JGM
Protoform

Where can I learn about transformers?

Post by JGM »

I am trying to find information for my nephew about transformers for a discussion in a class at his school. I really don't know much about them myself. Can anyone tell me things like how many there are, their names, what each one is capable of, where they came from, how they relate to one another and any other information you think is good to know. Can you tell me where I can go on the internet to get this information also?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, there are several hundred different Transformers. Finding info on all of them individually would take a mountain of research.

Here's a .zip of two text files I have from way back. They're a TF FAQ and a toy list. They're only going to give you info about the original toyline and cartoon and comic though.

As far as newer series you might want to visit Hasbro's official site as they'll probably have plenty of info available there.
Attachments
tf info.zip
(160.87 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That FAQ is also still online at http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~ssto ... /tffaq.txt

Transformers is a brand that's been around for over twenty years now, with ownership of various aspects shared by Hasbro (in the US) and Takara (in Japan.)

There are hundreds (by now possibly over the thousand mark) of characters and toys in different lines and series, but some names that crop up lots of times are Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Prowl, etc. (This is mainly because if Hasbro don't reuse the names on different characters they lose the toy trademarks.)

For comprehensive toy pics: http://tfu.info/

For comics we're pretty decent: http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/

For the 80s cartoon: http://cybertronchronicle.freewebspace. ... nicle.html

If you want to see where it all started, Hasbro contracted Marvel to create a bunch of characters for them:

http://tfarchive.com/comics/misc/preview/
http://tfarchive.com/comics/misc/universe/

And of course, most recently there's been a live action movie...
Prime20007
Protoform

Post by Prime20007 »

my favorite was optimus prime and megatron.
Prime20007
Protoform

Post by Prime20007 »

I always liked Devastator he was the greatest of the combiners.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

other than Prime? I'd have to go with either Ultra Magnus or Jazz, with Grimlock and Blaster coming after them
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!