General chat about the live action movies

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
onslaughtforever
Protoform

Re: product placement

Post by onslaughtforever »

Originally posted by Banzaitron
In the reviews that I've seen of the film, people have complained re: product placement. I do admit that the PP in the film was quite blatant, but I also think that the writers and director pulled it off right. If all product placement involved said products turning into robots and attacking people, the world would be a better place. Unless they were advertising like, uh, anti depressants or laxatives. Ever since the scene with the mountain dew robot, I've fantasized about my computer coming to life in th emiddle of my class (like right now) and distracting everyone so I could go home.

Indeed. The Mountain Dew machine was cool. I thought it was cute when it changed into a transformer and started shooting the soda cans. A full un-opened soda can, can be a dangerous weapon. :)
Clogs

Re: Re: product placement

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by onslaughtforever
Indeed. The Mountain Dew machine was cool. I thought it was cute when it changed into a transformer and started shooting the soda cans. A full un-opened soda can, can be a dangerous weapon. :)

It was a particularly good visual joke and did have that 'ouch' factor. Such a shame the new 'bot didn't shake the cans first!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
onslaughtforever
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: product placement

Originally posted by Clogs
It was a particularly good visual joke and did have that 'ouch' factor. Such a shame the new 'bot didn't shake the cans first!

Ouch, SHAKING THE CAN!! That would have been funny.
Clogs

Re: Re: Re: Re: product placement

Post by Clogs »

Ouch, SHAKING THE CAN!! That would have been funny.

***subtle misinterpretation noted***
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
krogenitor
Protoform

Post by krogenitor »

Well, i really liked the movie. At first i didn't gave much attention, but when i saw it, i was surprised. Really good!

About the details, i didn't see any blurry-like-tihng in it. It was all cleaner. Oh, yeah, Michael Bay will start to film Transformers 2 soon.
I saw it in a brazilian site here. (I live in Brazil).
Oh, and yeah, who will be the villain in the next movie? Galvatron? Unicron? Let's just wait!
http://www.icicom.up.pt/blog/take2/transformers.JPG

Always watch your back. You never know when you are a target of enemy lines
Gieferg Prime
Protoform

Post by Gieferg Prime »

Galvatron? NOOOOO - we had not enough of Megatron in first movie, so we need Megs back, no Galvatron.

Unicron? NOOOOOO, who needs remake of TFTM? I dont.

Megatron (again), Starscream (again) and Shockwave is all I need.
johndmca
Protoform

Re: Re: product placement

Post by johndmca »

Alright, so I was looking for answers to this one, and it may have been posted but I am having trouble finding it.

When we watched the movie, my g/f asked me (she's 23, so she wasn't ever a big Transformers fan) why that when the allspark activated the mountain dew machine, and the cadillac, that they automatically started attacking people. I honestly didn't have an answer. Anybody help a newb out on this one?
Banzaitron
Protoform

Post by Banzaitron »

That's a fine question. I think part of it lies in the fact that though the Allspark brings things to life, it doesn't necessarily make them nice. It activates their survival instincts, and so they become essentially, animals. In the movie, Optimus Prime says that the transformers were once a savage and violent race, so it may just create the machines as primitives. I personally think that the reason the allspark made the machines psychotic is because it isn't being used right. A powerful device like the all spark is not meant to be slammed on the ground, and the devices that humans used to "funnel" it's energy were no doubt primitive compared to cybertronian methods. When the denizens of Cybertron use the Allspark, I'm sure they know how to use it so the robots become at least somewhat civilized.
Ger-ronny-doo ron ron ronny moe!
onslaughtforever
Protoform

I picked up the DVD of transformers. the one that has prime as the DVD case. Very nice to watch the movie again. THIS MOVIE ROCKED!!
fanscape360
Protoform

Transformers Blu-ray release

Post by fanscape360 »

Transformers Blu-ray is out TODAY! And it’s full of bonus features about each of your favorite bots. You can watch the film in Intelligence Mode following the strength levels of each of the transformers and their GPS coordinates all while learning about their every weapon. Zoom in and rotate around 360 degree high def views of each character after Michael Bay talks about taking each one from iconic toy to big screen star. So much more at http://www.transformersmovie.com. Enjoy! (you will)

Hartley, with Transformers