[RID,UT] someone set me straight on this

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
never again
Protoform

someone set me straight on this

Post by never again »

is cybertron a sequel to energon and armada or is it a different continuity/reality altogether?
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cybertron is a sequel to Energon and Armada (I think).

Galaxy Force (the Japanese version), however, starts from the beginning again as opposed to continuing from Micron Legend/Superlink.

I hope that's right, because otherwise, I'm confused too.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

I believe it is a sequel to Armada/Energon. If I remember correctly, at the end of Energon, Unicron was destroyed after opening up a rift in time and space where all the worlds he devoured were rebuilt, though if I remember correctly, all of the Autobots and Decepticons made their way into the rift for some purpose or another (possibly to seal it and prevent the destruction of the universe, which is probably what the 'black hole' mentioned in Cybertron was). So, either Cybertron takes place in the alternate dimension on the other side of the rift, or in the normal Armada/Energon dimension.

Here's a few questions that I have about the series: if it IS a sequel to Armada/Energon, then why do they say that Earth has little to no knowledge about the Transformers? In the Cybertron Minicons' bio, they state that the humans that found them were among the few who knows about the Transformers and their conflict. I would've figured that the huge ruckus caused by Armada/Energon would've alerted the entire world to their existence. Also, I find it interesting how they state that we'll learn that Earth had been a key factor in the development of Cybetron and the Transformer's war for ages. Considering that Beast Wars establishes exactly HOW this is, is Cybertron attempting to make connections to it and/or the Universe line? Or are they going to have one of those 'similar but different' unnamed conflicts that was LIKE what happened in Beast Wars, but of a totally different continuity altogether?
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

This isn't really about the toyline, so it's off to the new series forum.

MOVED
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... Cybertron.. effectively IS a continuation of armada/energon... but due to scripting and whatnot, the base idea that the majority of earthers know nothing of the transformers existence is in fact true...

as for "why it's been a major factor in the war, etc..."...... you really don't want me to spoil that for you, do you???

you've seen that speedia (speed planet) and anmiatros (beast planet) all hold transformers that had adapted to their respective worlds they had migrated to... Earth holds a planet force as well... so use your imagination. every planet that has a planet force has had migrated transformers on it.

What can you discern?

and if you can't figure it out, you'll FIND out when Autovolt and Live Convoy show up...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's pretty easy if you think of it like this

Armada-Energon = one continuity. STARTED with armada and ended in Energon [japanese Superlink]

Galaxy Force = on it's own. Forget BW, BM and everything.

Cybertron = GF animation with altered script to be a sequel to energon. Little things make sense. I can give you a link to torrent files for all GF if you have broadband...

In Superlink\Energon, the collision of Unicron's head and Unicron's body and the simultaneous energy release from both sources tore space near planet Cybertron. The torn space is a gateway to Alpha Q's universe. The Autobots go in there to hunt the Decepticons. There's no dangerous elements or anything. Cybertron supports crap like that :rolleyes:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Rumor from Cybercon has it Takara considers Micron Densetsu and Superlink still to be set in the G1 continuity...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Clay
Cybertron is a sequel to Energon and Armada (I think).

Galaxy Force (the Japanese version), however, starts from the beginning again as opposed to continuing from Micron Legend/Superlink.

I hope that's right, because otherwise, I'm confused too.
Yes and yes. Just ignore the Armada promo material that had it and Micron Legend as a contination from 2010. ;)
Rumor from Cybercon has it Takara considers Micron Densetsu and Superlink still to be set in the G1 continuity...
That was the original plan, and some of the original promotional material had 2010 links in it, which is also why Micron Legend has so many cameos in places - but, Takara has since put Micron Legend and Superlink into their own 'Universe'.
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

To set thinks straight to ALL!

Commerial: The Destruction of UNICRON has left a black hole threatining cybertron, Now its up to Optimus Prime and the Autobots to recover the four Cyber Planet Keys before the evil Decepticons.

So as you can see it is a sequel just watch CN if u can to see the trailer/commercial.:)
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan