[FICTION] Transformers Live-Action(figure) webcomic!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
verytired

Post by verytired »

I just checked out the albums on the site: awesome stuff! I have been wondering if you are doing this as a stream of consciousness thing or if there is a big plot going on in the background.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Thanks for reading. I've really let this thread get forgotten.

The plot is going to be broken up into 'stories,' this being the first. I have bigger plans for later, but this one in particular is coming up on a wrap-up point, as soon as I get a decent website building program and a place to host a full website versus an image display.

I should probably update the first thread with all the links to everything so far. There are three other chapters not posted, and I've broken up each chapter a bit better for easier reading.
verytired

Post by verytired »

I meant to ask: when it comes to the special abilities that Hound and Skywarp possess and demonstrate, were these built in to them at a later date like Road Flares weapon, or did they come with these abilities built in like?
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

That's all kinda vague. Some of them come with those pre-equipped--like Maxivalidus (RiD Magnus). Others--and likely, most--have basic built-ins and get upgrades later. Quite a few tend to come with basic ready-to-go weaponry at least, but that's not always the case. Each character has his or her own story, of course. :)
verytired

Post by verytired »

Ah, guess that makes sense. I like the Ratchet/Ironhide story arc about their appearence, as well as Ratchets short temper with Skids. Very good.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Totally a one-shot comic. Nothing to do with the main one. But I had fun doing it. :)

Leader Prime kicks ass. :D
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I've been reading through this and I'm impressed. Has the right balance of humour and plot, as well as dramatic posing and whatnot. It's silly, charming and a very good read. (What toy is that red Ultra Magnus, by the way? :) ) Might be starting off my own photocomic, though I doubt it would be as good as yours.

One question though... how did you manage the transformation sequences and the explosions? I know you use Photoshop or some software similar to it, but I'm still curious on how you did it. I mean, which tools you use and all that. :)

Also, I was trying to make a mock-up page with some photographs, and I hit a roadblock. The speech bubbles. The f***ing speech bubbles. I have no idea how to insert them into the images... how do you do them?
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Hello--glad you like! :)

Yes, I use Photoshop for the SFX. Tools I would recommend for explosions are screen layers, air-brushes with splotch effects, various opacities to get the glow effects right, and playing with the air brush textures (should be the tab on the upper right that says [File Browser] and [Brushes]. Click [Brushes] and mess with the settings). Oh, and right clicking the layers in that particular menu box and then clicking "blending options" brings you to a whole list of stuff. The Glow effect is best for lasers and such. Cheap and easy.

For the TFing effects, do multiple shots and use multiple layers. Cut the in-between figures out of their pictures and layer them into the shot you want to use. Might have to erase segments that overlap with whatever the main shot of the TF will be or it looks messy.

As for speech bubbles--easy. Type up your different texts in photoshop, and then make a layer ABOVE all your image layers, but BEFORE your texts. (in other words, in between them) Use this layer to make your speech bubbles around the wording you already typed out. That's how I do it.

Hope this helps. :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

So I see...

Damn, you're good! I've been reading your work (up to chapter 8 now, just finished the Tron's cycle battle thing). Damn, you have a very good balance between the jokes and the serious dialogues, and your battle scenes are simply awesome. That scene with the Gundams vs the Decepticons are simply amazing.

You also got me interested in Gundam, and I managed to dig up an old Gundam from the basement. After some assembly, I think I got it right. No idea what it's called, though. Gundam has absolutely better weapons and articulation than Transformers.

Thanks for the help, I'll try it tonight. :)
I tried it just now! Teh speech bubbles work! Well, I drew the outline with the paintbrush tool (I gave up with the line tool. It hates me) and used paint-bucket for the white. It works! Thanks, Pun-3X! :up:
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Dude, please finish it, it's a great comic!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Still in progress. Links to the first part of chapter 12 is up on the front page.
verytired

Post by verytired »

*breaks into rapt applause*

Brilliant stuff! Good to see Fort Max in action, even if it is taking down thw wrong guy...