Protoform

Post by MTX »

Sixshot

S.T.A.G.

:cool:
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

hmm, I'm going to have to give Starscream the node, with Soundwave a close second. That's for the cartoon.

I'm not finished with the comics, but I have to give Shockwave mass respect for how he handled things so far...
________
Vapormatic vaporizer
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

I've always liked the Constructicons, mainly because they formed Devestator and had that cool voice
Black Convoy
Protoform

Post by Black Convoy »

Black Convoy is my favorite Decepticon.

He's the coolest looking "Optimus Prime" in transformers.
djs_cloud
Protoform

Re: Your FAVORITE Decepticon

Post by djs_cloud »

Originally posted by Starscreamer
Well my favorite Decepticon is Starscream. He is ruthless, cunning, and evil. Starscream has a great self image. He thinks he is "all that". He isn't a one dimensional character though. He desperately seeks the approval of his Decepticon brothers but sometimes he does really stupid things to achieve his goal. ;)

He was also an effeminate coward who was all mouth and had the accuracy of a newborn!
Gotta put my vote with Skywarp - Mental, vicious and amusing. When Megatron gave him a task it got completed, unlike Starscream who ballsed things up by trying to be clever.
I got better things to do tonight than die! - Springer
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Re: Re: Your FAVORITE Decepticon

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by djs_cloud
He was also an effeminate coward who was all mouth and had the accuracy of a newborn!

Good job pointing that out over five years later.
MegatronIDW
Protoform

Post by MegatronIDW »

Megatron. As long as it's the IDW version or the G2 version, not the pathetic imbecile/maniac who we had to suffer throughout the Marvel run. IDW MEgatron is a charismatic, ass kicking bad ass motha ****a, who makes his entrance kicking ass and continues to do so. He also deals with Starscream properly, as opposed to the legion of "One last chance"'s that the Marvel and cartoon Megatron gave the character. THIS Megatron shows up, faces Starscream, and blows a huge hole right through his chest. Plus, he pretty much beats Optimus Prim half to death with his bare hands. Comics moment of the year? (Can you tell I'm a decepticon fan?)
Although, I'd say Megatron may be tied with Soundwave, because that guy was smart AND had a funky voice.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by MegatronIDW
Plus, he pretty much beats Optimus Prim half to death with his bare hands.

Thanks for the spoilers.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

IDW MEgatron is a charismatic, ass kicking bad ass motha ****a, who makes his entrance kicking ass and continues to do so.
Certainly untouchable, but I wouldn't necessarily say that IDW Megatron is charismatic, per se. Rather, I see him as intimidating or formidable, and uses fear quite affectively. :)
"One last chance"'s that the Marvel and cartoon Megatron gave the character.

I thought Marvel didn't bother to use that angle (not often, anyway), certainly not as often as the original cartoon did. (?)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I think that only actually happened to the Marvel one once, in G2 (under extreme circumstances - his raw materials would have been Starscream, Galvatron or Shockwave... two of the three would not only be disloyal, but would also be able to kick Megatron into next week, and would never have dreamt of working for him)... The circumstances surrounding Pretender Starscream area little different (though perhaps Megatron's shoddy formatting should take the blame). Aside from that, shooting him at point-blank range in the original mini ("Add Starscream to the repair list" or somesuch) seemed to keep the guy out of Megatron's way for the larger part - he was more of a problem for Ratbat and Scorponok.
MegatronIDW
Protoform

Post by MegatronIDW »

Fair point, having re-read some of my graphic novels, you've got a point. Though Megatron was sidelined so much in the old Marvel comics that he didn't get much of a chance to interact with the other Decepticons.
And I personally feel the IDW version is quite charismatic. The way he decribed the Decepticons during his fight with Starscream seemed fairly charismatic to me.
And sorry for spoiling the end of the Op/Megatron fight, I just assumed everyone had read issue five by now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And sorry for spoiling the end of the Op/Megatron fight, I just assumed everyone had read issue five by now.

And I'd assume someone making a broadbrush statement about Marvel Megatron would actually have the working knowledge to back it up, looks like we can all get things wrong.

Having been told repeatedly that the only problem with Infiltration was, in fact, my stupidity in expecting my ~£2 to get me a comic in which something, anything happened ('parently, it's not a monthly comic limited series, but a graphic novel which has been sliced into six parts so IDW can employ a force of 2000 disenfranchised artists to draw covers, GB'E). So, if I'm buying a graphic novel, I'm buying a graphic novel, and not paying for it piecemeal and having to faff around with bags, adverts for any of the other six thousand monthly TF titles, or that numpty in his Cosplay outfit. So the plan was, surely, that if I could read Escalation in its' intended form, and stripped of any preconceptions or knowledge of the contents, rather than submitting each fragment to a month of re-reads, I'd enjoy it a lot more. I've avoided solicitations and any discussion of the comic to this means (Hell, I didn't even know for certain Prime and Megatron were even in the thing). So, yeh, cheers for assuming anyone largely avoiding the new comics subforum had read the issue. Good call.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

SPOILER! (select to read)
I'm still not utterly convinced by IDW Megatron. His deliberate choice of a handgun mode that means he
A: can't stand by his own troops when he Transforms.
B: Can't fire himself (Else he'd have just blasted the faux Brasnyan).
C: Seemingly can't move under his own power (he spends half a issue lying in the snow).

Now old Marvel Megatron had those problems as well, but his alt mode was forced on him. IDW Megs thinks it's a great idea....
Bludgeon is my answer to the question anyway.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well, in the GI Joe comic, the original Megatron transformed to gun mode, did NOT shrink, had hover capability, and was obliterating everything around him with ease. Sad that the best presentation for that alt-mode appeared in the very same issue that he gave it up.
twiztid_soundwave
Protoform

Um..

Post by twiztid_soundwave »

It cant be too obvious...

Um.

sOUNDWAVE for those who are brain dead.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

My favorite Decepticon is a tie amongstG1 Soundwave,G1 Cyclonus, and armada Starscream.