Interview with Bob Budiansky at BWTF

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by another tf fan
at least bob remembers writing the transformers unlike the writers interviewed on the rhino dvds. they didn't seem to even remember the transformers.

I haven't seen the interviews but couldn't help to think that's basically rubbing it in the fan's faces.

"You just bought a dvd with episodes which were so lame we don't even remember doing it, not that we would even care."
Thanks D!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Just watched the interview with David Wise, thought it was quite informative and though he mentions TMNT a little too much in a Transformers interview, He gave great insight into "Rebirth". The best info he gave was that "Rebirth" was supposed to be a five parter like "Five Faces of Darkness", but budget constraints put the kybosh on two episodes. He really seemed to enjoy writing Transformers and gave us the glimpse into cybertroinian history with "War Dawn". Probably my favorite cartoon writer.
Come on and wind me up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by another tf fan
The best info he gave was that "Rebirth" was supposed to be a five parter like "Five Faces of Darkness", but budget constraints put the kybosh on two episodes.

I wonder if thats the source of the rummors about there being more season 4 episodes, though this should finaly bury those stories forever. It's a shame he still doesn't have his original synopsis for the 5 part Rebirth as it would have made a good DVD extra.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!