TF Ongoing #3 (SPOILERS)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

TF Ongoing #3 (SPOILERS)

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Nicely done issue, I must say. For those who wanted character development, this issue definitely has the personal touch.

Examples:

-Prowl talking about how times have changed with Ironhide and Kup as they enjoy a cold one
-Bumblebee doubting himself in the leadership position, only to prove to himself and others that his courage belies his small stature
-Brawn and Starscream in the same room together discussing strategy.....riiiiiiiiiight
-Jetfire being his nerdy scientific self, despite sporting what has to be one of the top most cool robot forms in the history of the Transformers

I have to say, I like this Sunstorm guy, despite his always spewing holy nonsense. Looks like we have a rivalry going on, as the cover of issue six has, yes, Jetfire and Sunstorm going at it again! I like the idea of Mick giving us other rivalries besides Prime and Megs. In War and Peace, he gave us the never before seen rivalry of Shockwave and Ultra Magnus. Now it looks like we have Jetfire and Sunstorm.

Overall, this issue gets a B+. Not as great as the first two issues, but still very nicely done and enjoyable.
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

is anyone else wondering why the cans that prowl and company were drinking out of had Kremzeek on them??
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Skywarp18
is anyone else wondering why the cans that prowl and company were drinking out of had Kremzeek on them??

stupid \inside\fan joke \reference\wink\nod to G1 cartoon
wich was not even that funny to start with
personally i hated issue 3 from cover to cover but thats a rant for another day if i can be botherd
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'll say this: for the first time since Mick started writing TF comics, he's produced an issue that I could read without shuddering once due to fanwanks. This issue gets a bit of credit from me for that.

Unfortunately, this issue's story didn't do too much for me. Not much happened, other than what was hinted at in the final few pages of issue 2.

I did like how Mick portrayed Bumblebee, though. The little guy never developed past a stereotype in the cartoon or Marvel comics, and it's nice to see him get a bit of development.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Anyone notice that Jetfire and Starscream were comfortable around each other? This must be reference to G1 episode 'Fire in the sky' where Skyfire was Starscreams comerade, both went on a exploration mission and found Earth, Skyfire crashed and Starscream failed to find him until four million years later, Skyfire was a scientist and blasting the Autobots didn't sit right with him then the character was dropped. My point is that I hope dreamwave give this guy some action and complete his arc.
Also the electrum thing is reference to 'The golden lagoon' where Beach comber discovers a forest and lake and the golden water had electrum that made the decepticons indestructable (and golden). Their target was Omega Supreme. Maybe this is a clue to sunstorm and the next issue.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

so who do you think starscream is looking at on the last page?

My guess is?????? hell i dont know
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Skywarp18
so who do you think starscream is looking at on the last page?

My guess is?????? hell i dont know

do you need more clues then primary target located ?
or why not look at the next month caption on the following page clearly stating its omega supreme and killing off the cliffhanger
nicely done dreamwave

come to think off it where the hell does omega supreme come from anyway ?..or jefire for that matter

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

wtf
dont remember posting the same thing twice

Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I just brought 2 and 3 today. I flicked through the last mini which was a huge improvement on the 1st mini (1st mini were the last comics I brought before studies took over my life) and the new series is highly enjoyable and some excelent character writing.
thinking of it its the first time either comic or cartoon has really tied all the characters in with the tech specs of the original toy line :cool:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I found issue 3 to be both entertaining and pretty nice for having some character development. Not as self-contained as issue 2, but still a good read.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I too got issue 2 and 3 in one go. They were very entertaining and alot of my fears about G1 ongoing being pages of cinematic stuff (I.e alot of action, quick story) and multi issue stuff was put aside. They are multi issue but work as stand alone titles and go into alot of depth.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Anyone else notice the G2 characters in the crowd that Prowl was addressing? I can pick out Rapido (red car with green windows), Windbreaker (yellow car, blue thighs) and Cyberjet Air Raid/Skyjack (black stealth jet). Are there any others?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i enjoyed this issue quite alot, not as much as 1 and 2 but still very much so, and i loved the stone cold stunner referance too bad sunstorm didnt stick his middle fingers up at jetfire/skyfire i liked bumblebees characterisation alot and am loving micks writing so far.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Warcry
Anyone else notice the G2 characters in the crowd that Prowl was addressing? I can pick out Rapido (red car with green windows), Windbreaker (yellow car, blue thighs) and Cyberjet Air Raid/Skyjack (black stealth jet). Are there any others?

Not really G2, but Wingwaver and three Trainbots were there as well.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Issue 3 rocked, pity they spoiled the surprise about Omega with the coming next month caption, although for some reason i want it more now...
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

great stuff.. #3 was a great read, however I'm kinda wondering if it's going to follow a "CHARACTER OF THE MONTH" format for a while... This month was Jet/skyfire, then next month we get Omega Supreme... who's next after that? A month solely dedicated to a legion of Brick-formers?

Outside of that, still an enjoyable read, so fingers crossed the writing will keep getting better :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've only leafed through it, read it properly later. Seems really talky, in a W&P 6 kinda way. Looked very pretty.... and if you needed the next issue thing to spoil the fact that it's blatantly Omega Supreme not seen on the last page, you're not the sharpest... I just hope that's it for new characters this arc, or it might turn into W&P again. There needs to be some sort of limitation to the avaliable characters, if you follow, so every arc doesn't have some existing TF we just haven't seen in DW G1 turn up "out of the blue".

Overall, it seems a bit super-hero derivative, even a little Underbase derivative. Hopefully they can put a bit more into it over the next few issues.

Oh, and Bumper doing stuff rocked! I'm glad they didn't bring him in simply as someone who could be killed off in a second without removing central cast [a la Dropshot].

Anyone pondering the logic of doing a blatant cliffhanger ending for Omega, and not making the last page a huge splash of OS? Seeing as they blew the surprise in two ways, they might as well make people drool, and for once have a decent ending to an issue...
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've only leafed through it, read it properly later. Seems really talky, in a W&P 6 kinda way.

It did have a lot of dialogue, but I welcomed that as a good way for Mick to give out characterization, (Bumper being a great example) and test his ability to drive an issue that isn't a giant battle of sorts.

Hopefully we don't resort to a new character every 2 issues style, as already Sunstorm and Jetfire have popped up while Soundwave has said all of nothing. You know it's a problem with Omega Supreme has more lines than the tapedeck.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think DW need to realise that the people buying G1 are buying it for Transformers in general, and that throwing in, say, the Insecticons regardless of the potential damage to the storyline isn't going to add 10,000 to their circulation. They just sometimes seem desperate, and it's like they're just throwing characters in and the non-appearance of a certain character is why it isn't selling, when I'm sure they'd do a lot better developing characters and then gradually introducing new ones. Considering that one of the biggest criticisms of the original Marvel/Sunbow series was the crowded cast, and DW don't have the factors forcing them to do the same, the rate of character introduction has been pretty irritating. And don't get me wrong, I know these characters, and Swerve suddenly turning up in the background doesn't make me go "WTF? Who he?". I'm talking about the big guns. It's like because we have no idea what Dreamwave's doing with certain characters, they could completely turn up at any minute. For example. Omega could be on the first page of #4, then Sunstorm can go "ah-ha!" and the next page Trypticon turns up and kicks Omega's arse...

That said, the ongoing has generally been handled really well, and the best thing which can be said about War & Peace's brain-rape was at least it got a lot of the crap out of the way.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Loved it, this is probably the best writing Bumblebees ever had, and I like the fact the formerly Earthbound Autobots are finding it hard to readjust to life on Cybertron. I also thought it was great Kups attitude reflected his musings in issue one of Dark Ages, as it was begining to feel like Gen 1 and War Within were taking place in different universes.:cool:

There were only three things I didn't like:
1: Starscream is being pursued by an insane superpowered clone and is uterly dependent on the Autobots to survive, his "Barganing posture is highly dubious" as Brad Mick might say, so why do the Autobots listen to him when he demands the other Decepticons are released? Why don't they instead say "No, they stay where they are and you tell us where Jass is or we leave you at the gold guy's mercy".
2: I don't really get this whole clone thing, when did Shockwave have a chance to strap Starscream down and copy his spark (or whatever MTMTE 8 is going on about), unless he did it before they left for Earth, but has Sunstorm really been lying about for four million years?
3: Does every charecter whoes toy has a slightly different face design have to put on a mask of that face? Jetfire has an excuse (space armour) but Brawn and Bumblebee don't. They need to remember the reason the faces were changed in the first place, they're s**t;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!