The War Within Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

The War Within Preview

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The pic looks ok but shouldn't optimus look like he did in MTMTE?

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/produ ... rs_ww.html
Blitzwing

Re: The War Within Preview

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
The pic looks ok but shouldn't optimus look like he did in MTMTE?

Not if the story is set in the comic timeline.

Optimus and Co. are looking really good... I can't wait 'till this book comes out, I think it'll be a lot better than the current G1 Dreamwave comic.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
The pic looks ok but shouldn't optimus look like he did in MTMTE?[/URL]
Why, young padawan?

This series is gonna be sweet. I'm hugely looking forward to it.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

"gatefold cover by Don Figueroa" Pardon my lack of vocabulary, but what does that mean?

Perhaps almost the same question. :D I wonder how many pages is that cover going to be? Prime is almost centered, so if it´s only two pages, his head is going to be cut in half. They´re not going to make a three page cover, are they?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Why, young padawan?

This series is gonna be sweet. I'm hugely looking forward to it.
Yes master, I hadn't thought of comic continuity, this is gonna be good!
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Nice

Whatever altmode that form has, it's definatly gonna look better then a truck.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Heh. Unfortunately, that exchange was better dialogue than half that in Star Wars: Episode 2...

Incidentally, I trust everyone's seen the two advance pages from the four page preview anthology released to Comicon?

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 3&t=001269

Remember that we only have pages 2 and 4, before anyone complains about it seeming choppy...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Osku
"gatefold cover by Don Figueroa" Pardon my lack of vocabulary, but what does that mean?

Perhaps almost the same question. :D I wonder how many pages is that cover going to be? Prime is almost centered, so if it´s only two pages, his head is going to be cut in half. They´re not going to make a three page cover, are they?
Issue #1 of Armada had a three page cover, so Issue #1 of The War Within would probably be doing the same thing.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

A gatefold cover is when either the front cover or both front and back can fold out, to show one big scene... erm, example would be X-Men 45... wasn't there a gatefold of G2 #1?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I thought the DW preview comic was being released this week, but my comic shop didn't receive it. Is it coming out next week, then?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
wasn't there a gatefold of G2 #1?
It was a double-size front cover split mechanism... hang on, don't you actually own a copy of that pack with it and the G.I. Joe issues yourself?

Does anyone in the UK know to availability of the new preview? I'm waiting to hear back from Steve Bax.
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

My local comic shop said they'd throw on e in with my next comic order is I wanted, they treat tf fans nice there, in fact the wholw shop has virtually been taken over by tf posters, rid toys, armada toys etc

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Erm, if the good Mr Bax doesnae get back to us soon, would you mind picking up an extra couple if possible?

Is your local a Forbidden Planet, by any chance? I think it may be time to go and try to squeeze info out of ours...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
It was a double-size front cover split mechanism... hang on, don't you actually own a copy of that pack with it and the G.I. Joe issues yourself?
Not exactly... I got G2 #1 for 50p from swansea's comic shop a year or so ago [i.e. pre-TFs getting much respect from comic shops], and it's the standard version, which is probably rarer than the limited editions... ^_^

I've only got three of the G. I. Joe issues [140-142], which I got seperately in a charity shop for about 20p each...

Osku, the deluxe edition of X-Men #1 is probably a better example of a gatefold...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I've only got three of the G. I. Joe issues [140-142], which I got seperately in a charity shop for about 20p each...
Those are the issues in the pack... they obviously felt that the earlier stuff was unnecessary... and yes, there are so many of those packs floating around its silly... although I predict they'll be worth more once the G2 paperback(s) are out...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Is it the standard edition in that pack? Aw, I got a good deal anyway, the money I spent on the four seperately wouldn't cover the postage for the pack... And only G2#1's really all that good... 142's the best of the GI Joe issues, but it's massively flawed... I mean, why does Prime sent 7 totally random troops to track down Megatron, when only 1 or 2 of them [Hotspot and maybe Brawn] are all that much cop, and then they weren't in Megatron's league... were the Dinobots on strike or something?
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

My local is a travelling man(northern comic book chain) actually cheaper than forbodden planet with more variety actuially heh the Leeds store has G1 transformers up for sale normally, I might possibly be able to pick up a few preview books it depends on how many they get and how many tf fans want them who hold orders for dreamwave comics there want em as we have first dibs. At last count there was 358 people ordering there dreamwave tf comics from my local in york.

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."