bwtf.com major Armada update

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

bwtf.com major Armada update

Post by Osku »

Catalog scana, toy reviews. There´s even a scans of the comic book that comes with Hot Shot.

http://www.bwtf.com/tfarmada/toys/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*toddles off to download comic*

Cheers! :)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
*toddles off to download comic*
Don´t get your hopes up. Art by James Raiz is good, but there´s no story to speak of. And the dialogue is hilarious "Now we can blast you with our super cannon!" It´s in three languages though :D
Ratbat
Protoform

Post by Ratbat »

I've read worse comics. Not many, but there are some out there...
"All hail the Toad King!"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Osku
Don´t get your hopes up. Art by James Raiz is good, but there´s no story to speak of. And the dialogue is hilarious "Now we can blast you with our super cannon!" It´s in three languages though :D
Takes me right back to my childhood and the Masters Of The Universe mini-comics...plus I get to pick up a bit of French and...erm, is that Spanish or Italian?

Why does Ben use GIFs, though? The same image as a JPEG (especially if selectively optimised) would look just as good and not knacker his bandwidth nearly as much...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I liked the fuzzy dice on Hot Shot's mirror on Page 7. Other than that, it looked like a Dreamwave comic. Art good, story nonexistent. Still, I'm of the opinion that a mini-comic is better than nothing. Now if only we can get them to quit naming and announcing every attack and action they perform...

I agree with Denyer, it reminded me of a MOTU comic. I've still got those, in fact. Too bad the figures seem to have vanished.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Other than that, it looked like a Dreamwave comic. Art good, story nonexistent. Still, I'm of the opinion that a mini-comic is better than nothing.
There´s going to be an on-going Armada comic book drawn by the same guy, James Raiz. Let´s hope there´s more story involved. ;)
Anyway these are little comic books made mostly for kids ages 5 up, so I think we are not the primary target group. :D
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

There´s going to be an on-going Armada comic book drawn by the same guy, James Raiz. Let´s hope there´s more story involved. ;)
I'm looking forward to it, I loved the way they did the Preview book, with the observer alien dude watching the fight between Megs and Prime. Is it going to be set entirely on Cybertron?
Anyway these are little comic books made mostly for kids ages 5 up, so I think we are not the primary target group. :D
Yeah, yeah. :) I wonder how many kids will be confused by the fact that they can't read 2/3rds of the words? ;)

On another note, I really like the look of the packaging they're using for Armada. It's a great shade of blue, and they're using Raiz's drawings instead of altered photos of the toys (ala RiD.) I also like the beveled front that Megs' box has (shown in the ASM review.) Comics and a catalog included in the box? Look like they're doing a great job with Armada thus far. Too bad it appears they've stuck with the "let's put 300 twist-tie things on each figure so that people can scratch them up real good before it's even out of the box" philosophy. Don't even get me started about Air Attack Optimus Primal that I got this weekend. I spent more time unpacking than transforming...

Anyone know the ETA of Armada on U.S. store shelves? These reviews are getting me antsy. :D
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Now there´s
"TRANSFORMERS website exclusive sneak peek at the 1st of 4 mini-comic books that will be available only in Transformers Armada products."
at Hasbro´s Transformers site. :D Cover plus two first pages at the moment.
http://www.transformers.com/pl/page.act ... efault.cfm
GeneralObsidian
Protoform

Post by GeneralObsidian »

Ohhhh, I get it. It's a thinly veiled attempt to get kids to get over themselves and get help if they need it. Ahhhh, like if you really wanna beat up that bully, but he's bigger than you, just ask a friend to help you put the smack down on him. I get it. Where were these things when I was a kid. :D
BTW: I understand the need to for the multilanguage, but it's annoying as hell. I kept wanting to read further down. I knew I should've taken a second language when I was in school. Wait-a-minute...another life lesson. These things are great! :p