OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Blackjack wrote:And can I say how happy I am that the fists seem to be additional parts instead of stupid integrated not-hands like they tried to do with Fall of Cybertron Bruticus?
Photos where you can see the side of a gestalt leg show that the foot pieces have heel supports that look just like the thumbs. All the gestalt toes look like pairs of cannons. It looks like they went the Energon combiner route and had the feet/hands change into weapons for the limb-bots. From the close-ups, they used the same basic design for all the hand-feet, but with different sculpting detail. This should work particularly well for the Stunticons, since they each came with a double barreled cannon for their car mode.

This also explains why the hands are big, since they have to transform into feet that can support the whole bot. It looks like the cannons aren't the fingers, so maybe the actual hand part of the hand is somewhat proportionate, but the extra mass of the same-colored cannons make them look bigger.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
zigzagger

For those who might care

Post by zigzagger »

So, yeah, the Combiner Wars tie-in comics... it's infecting affecting the Robots In Disguise and Windblade Returns books.

And leaving More Than Meets The Eye unscathed. Thank you :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

zigzagger wrote:So, yeah, the Combiner Wars tie-in comics... it's infecting affecting the Robots In Disguise and Windblade Returns books.

And leaving More Than Meets The Eye unscathed. Thank you :)
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Would make sense that it will affect RID: Superion is already in that particular title, after all, and last I remember most of the Stunticons (who can combine anyway) are on Cybertron as well. So yeah, totally makes sense.

That also means Blackjack will be on Cybertron and no chance of him being part of Team Misfire. NOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, I've been calling it since the Constructicons showed up in RID with a giant Long Haul -- five man team with a Voyager Long Haul as a chest. That was why they got rid of Scrapper, to promote a god damned new toy.

Hopefully Scrapper gets made into a Legends class toy so he can hang out with his buddies. And hopefully Hasbro doesn't get any ideas of Devastaprowl.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Thank **** for that. Though I liked the first Windblade series enough to check out another one... the last issue went a long way towards boosting it up.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Agree that RID's inclusion makes sense, seeing as it's already the dumping ground for toy-related tie-ins. Gets the blunt of it, anyway. A shame about Windblade, though; the first series showed such promise.

MTMTE kind of exists in its own bubble. Generally, it doesn't seem too concerned what's happening in its sister title. Which is probably one reason why its inclusion in Dark Cybertron felt so jarring to me.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Personally wouldn't mind the combiners infesting Windblade as long as it's done right.

The problem is, well, if it will be done right.

IDW's last attempt at toy promotion is delegating each issue random toy-only characters like Crosscut and Tankor two pages to 'shine'.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

But to be fair, ever since, Crosscut's been promoted from "who?" to "hey it's that dude again in some panels".

But I do get what you people are saying. Who would have thought that [broadly speaking] the same crowd that went "hey we want comic book toy tie ins NOW" is now more or less going "keep the toys out of my comic" :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I wouldn't be so sure about MTMTE going unscathed by this whole Combiner Wars thing. It's quite possible that they'll use MTMTE for tie-in comics for later waves. All 5 Protectobots are part of the Lost Light crew currently, and I could easily see some of the shown off combiner limbs being retooled into them, with some new molds tossed in (I see Hot Spot being done as a ladder truck like RID Prime, with Onslaught being a retool switching out the ladder rig for a big ass cannon).
Though I expect Roberts' efforts on the combiner front would end up being better, as he'd have more lead time to develop the characters and make their becoming Defensor a natural progression rather than 'here's a plot device and now people can combine'.
Blackjack wrote:Also, I've been calling it since the Constructicons showed up in RID with a giant Long Haul -- five man team with a Voyager Long Haul as a chest. That was why they got rid of Scrapper, to promote a god damned new toy.
If they killed Scrapper so they could promote a new toy, that is some crazy long term planning. He's been dead what, three years now?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oooh, if the Protectobots do appear and be major characters in MTMTE thanks to Combiner Wars I think Ziggy's head will explode in happiness.

RE: Scrapper... if they're doing that, it might be the reason why we got a Scoop seemingly out of random (all the other toys from G1 are either already prominent characters in IDW or imported from other continuities). They might be pre-empting the Scrapper retool from Scoop for Scrapper's glorious return as a separate entity from Devastator.

In other news: ANGRY BIRDS TOYS

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ges/30957/

Is no one excited? No? Okay then...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Blackjack wrote: RE: Scrapper... if they're doing that, it might be the reason why we got a Scoop seemingly out of random (all the other toys from G1 are either already prominent characters in IDW or imported from other continuities). They might be pre-empting the Scrapper retool from Scoop for Scrapper's glorious return as a separate entity from Devastator.
Was Scoop not quite prominent in Dark Cybertron?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Not really. He waffled some cobblers about prophecies to Starscream, then didn't show up again until then end and when he did had switched tack from proclaiming Starscream some sort of Jesus to saying he's RUINED CBYERTRON FOREVER. Then: Shockwave and nobody cared.

Scoop seems a decent character, but Gods Balls, Barber turned him into such a cosmic fart of a guy. Awful Awful Awful.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I kinda viewed that as prominent, compared to the majority of the cast of that story. He was really pathetic though.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

He was pretty prominent in Dark Cybertron, considering everyone else kinda did nothing. Scoop kept showing up to do his thing and stuff.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Man, Scoop is such a shame. That issue with him being a good Christian and fixing things only to get hilariously worked over by Starscream and Rattrap was great. Everything I can remember about his appearances in Dark Cybertron was nonsensical and undermining.

OH WELL

What were we talking about? Combiner Wars? I don't have high hopes for the fiction. The last big toy-promotion event in the comics did not work out well and 30 years of misfires have taught us that combiners are best left off the page. Also, the Arielbots and the Stunticons have so far only been in stories that are deeply dumb.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Combiner Wars Leader Megs scrubbed up better than the photos from last year. Still not really interested at that price and scale -- would've gone for as a voyager.

http://i.imgur.com/w94KZCy.jpg
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Denyer wrote:Combiner Wars Leader Megs scrubbed up better than the photos from last year. Still not really interested at that price and scale -- would've gone for as a voyager.
Definitely an improvement on the first round of pictures, but I'm still not digging it. Aside from being Megatron, I'm not seeing what justifies it being a Leader. Voyager may have worked better. And something about the arm cannon bugs me, I think the way the business end is narrower than the rest of it. Doesn't look right to me.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Unicron wrote:Definitely an improvement on the first round of pictures, but I'm still not digging it. Aside from being Megatron, I'm not seeing what justifies it being a Leader. Voyager may have worked better.
He has working tank treads, so there's that.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Clay wrote:He has working tank treads, so there's that.
That's news to me. Still, I don't think that's quite enough to draw my interest. Probably need to wait for some in-hand or at least non-stock pictures (something like in a display case at a con).

Since it hasn't been brought up in the thread yet, there were recent-ish reports of some other things for the Combiner Wars line:
Leader-class Ultra Magnus (listing spotted in some store's computer system)
Various Protectobots (also seen in a store's computer system)
Titan-class Devastator (I think this was just 'rumor' from someone who's given good info the past. Supposed to be something like a giftset of 6 Constructicons, basically being the Metroplex for this year: big ass item for the line.)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If there's a Voyager Megatron, there's no way MTMTE won't be tying into it (or even the Armada Megs retool) will there?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

There's no voyager; this thing is a leader :)

MTMTE has been stated to be out of combiner wars overall. Since Combiner Wars start around issue 39 or so, and that's the beginning or middle of a DJD saga in MTMTE, there's no way they'd hop around for that.

No, we get the dreadful windblade mini back to be the sister series for CW.

On topic though, this Megatron looks great. I like how more "filled out" he looks with just hints of those tank treads and a better body shot from the previous awful stock photo.

He also is way more articulated than he initially looked.

I sincerely hope he keeps that glorious silver, but I'm not holding me breath [for the most recent example, see Generations Crosscut].
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.