Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Skidmark wrote:If my suspicions are correct. I'd say that's a generic guardian robot. Who knows? Maybe we'll see the rise of of the Omega Supreme in the game.
Hmm I wonder if generic Guardians might be incorrect, look at the size of him and his firepower, he appears to be portrayed as the Autobot equivalent Decepticon's BFG which is a super sexy Trypticon, so I think it could be Omega. :swirly:

Yeah I'd hope for some kind of RPG game as well, or possibly 'Gears of Wars' ish, action with a linear , but interesting story. I just saw the transforming highway which Prime arrives on and thought 'Platformer!', Get Iacon Red Key to activate Iacon Bridge to return Ratchet's scalpel so he can save Windcharger who can magnetise this macgguffin......killing Genericons on the way. ...

I'm hoping, like I said, for a 'Gears of Wars' lite actioner with upgradeable kit between missions etc, I don't have the attention span for much else, looks purty though.

EDIT: Oh I read Ganon's link, it appears I may get what I wished for! Although the 'Jet Levels' sound suspect to me, doesn't sound like a lot of transforming will be going on.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That new trailer is amazing. Both Trypticon and Omega Supreme are all simple awesomeness, while I'm liking the new look for Ratchet and Megatron. Love that hand-held mace. Prime's action scenes and Omega/Trypticon blowing shit up are nicely done. Who else was there? I remember seeing a glimpse of Soundwave.

Not sure I like Bumblebee's new design, but it works better than G1 cartoon's 'space-saucer-thing'.

Transforming terrain doesn't seem nice to me, but that's only in my opinion.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

OMG, Trypticon looks awesome! (albeit less of a dinosaur, and more of a humanoid lizard-bot) Omega looks good too, I hope we get to see what their alt modes are like soon!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

There are many drones as well. Spotted the autobot whose head was crumbed to pieces by megs has got the sae design as the decepticon sliced in two by prime. I just hope so bloody hell that it all works out fine, and Gears of War, or Halo like woud be epic(esspeccially when the clips are from the same quality....)
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Wildrider wrote:Hmm I wonder if generic Guardians might be incorrect, look at the size of him and his firepower, he appears to be portrayed as the Autobot equivalent Decepticon's BFG which is a super sexy Trypticon, so I think it could be Omega. :swirly:
So if I'm wrong then this will be the first time Omega is featured without his famous yellow, gray, and red paint scheme. I just hope I'm not wrong.:sweatdrop
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Certainly a game I'm gonna get, however I got a question: Can any one tell who did the voice of Megatron? I don't think I recognise the voice, I do recognise Peter Cullen's Optimus voice.
Destruction is my specialty
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

HeavyArms wrote:Certainly a game I'm gonna get, however I got a question: Can any one tell who did the voice of Megatron? I don't think I recognise the voice, I do recognise Peter Cullen's Optimus voice.
To me it sounds like the one who did Megs voice in the TFTM DS game...
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Hmm . . . awesome trailer, full of badassery, but I did not like that Megatron voice. Not one bit.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Looks awesome!

All depends on the gameplay though...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Well, if Frank Welker did Megatron's voice in the Movie DS games, and it looks like he's also voicing Megatron in one, then why does he sound so different in the the trailer?
Destruction is my specialty
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Skidmark wrote:So if I'm wrong then this will be the first time Omega is featured without his famous yellow, gray, and red paint scheme. I just hope I'm not wrong.:sweatdrop
The colour scheme actually reminds me of Omegas Pre-Transformers appearance.
We never got OS in the UK because we had had a release of Omegatron the toy Hasbro would license for OS.
Hes at top left in my collection:

Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Gamestop's pre-order of the game includes an exclusive Shockwave character that can be used in multi-player mode:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76726

The page was updated today to include a picture of the CGI Shockwave model.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Shockwave = very nice, indeed.

And a very nice full trailer showcasing some other nice designs :up:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

praetorian wrote:Gamestop's pre-order of the game includes an exclusive Shockwave character that can be used in multi-player mode:
That is an absolute lie. I bet it's an unlockable code they give you after purchasing because why would the developers make a piece of coding only work for Gamestop if you pre-order from them.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sades

Post by Sades »

That is an absolute lie. I bet it's an unlockable code they give you after purchasing because why would the developers make a piece of coding only work for Gamestop if you pre-order from them.
It's a code given only with games purchased through Gamestop. It's done a lot- most recent that I can remember is Left 4 Dead 2, which offered a baseball bat as a weapon if you pre-ordered. But the code is in all of the games (I believe, how else would you be able to play with people online who didn't buy their games through Gamestop?).

This isn't to say that it isn't impossible for it to be offered as downloadable content on XBox Live eventually, however. Not saying it will be, but it isn't impossible.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Game looks incredible, but gameplay will determine everything.
Shockwave looks beast as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

praetorian wrote:Release date: June 22, 2010.

amazon.com
According to Activision CEO, release date to be sometime in May 2010:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/10/activ ... on-due-in/
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Still have yet to see any in-game footage. Trypticon design is pretty bad ass though.

And I can't tell...who's doing the voice of Megatron? Is that Frank Welker doing a movie-Megs impression?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Brimstone wrote:And I can't tell...who's doing the voice of Megatron? Is that Frank Welker doing a movie-Megs impression?
Looks like it.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sades wrote:But the code is in all of the games (I believe, how else would you be able to play with people online who didn't buy their games through Gamestop?)
They might do it like Assassin's Creed II, however, which had a one-use only code to download it from Live, which would be unfortunate both for people who don't buy from Gamestop, and for people that do but don't have Live. (Like myself)