Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

miked23 wrote:The only thing that I have seen is people playing dirty and just running around with a cloaked scouts with shot guns.
How about I killed a soldier, grab his scrapper, cloak and running around with it? :devil:
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

TFVanguard wrote:I'm not going to encourage it. Suffice to say, the instructions for the known exploits and hacks are out there and are well documented. I imagine that there will be an update patch soonish that will address some of these.
I was wanting where it says the PC, PS3, and 360 versions share the same server. Basically, on gamefaqs.com, there are a couple of fanboys that won't admit to the game having any problems what so ever on the PS3 board. I just want to know where it's revealed that they share the same server. I don't wanna know about any hacks. I don't play like that.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

DLC#2 is out now for Xbox360 and PS3. It has 2 Escalation maps, 3 multiplayer maps, and Zeta Prime and Dead End.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

burnitall wrote:DLC#2 is out now for Xbox360 and PS3. It has 2 Escalation maps, 3 multiplayer maps, and Zeta Prime and Dead End.
That's actually pretty lame this time out. Only two new characters (and both on existing models), a few more maps, and absolutely no more single-player content. Ugh. Going to be hard to pay for this one, really. I'll probably give it a pass.

Sad thing is, this pretty much cements the idea that this will, indeed, be the last of the DLCs, particularly considering how quietly this one came out.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

burnitall wrote:DLC#2 is out now for Xbox360 and PS3. It has 2 Escalation maps, 3 multiplayer maps, and Zeta Prime and Dead End.
I'm disappointed. It's $10 and it's a few existing character models and some new multiplayer maps. If it cost less then I might consider it, but as it stands I'm taking my $10 and dropping it on the new Mass Effect 2 DLC and get a lot more for my money. -.-
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Yeah, same amount of dollar and only two not so interesting characters with few maps. I'll pass.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Bumpish. Added the DLC #1 and DLC #2 body types to the table already in this thread...

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/show ... tcount=265
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Okay, quick thoughts on DLC #2.

At another $10 for the purchase, you would expect a lot more out of a DLC than two character models and a handful of multi-player maps. As such, this set comes over as a cash-grab more than a meaningful add-on, doubly-so when you realize that the resources for Dead End and Zeta Prime are already on the disc and are merely unlocked.

Dead End (Tracker) doesn't really fill a hole in the Decepticon ranks, but some variety is nice for scouts, I suppose. The only real problem is that the Decepticon cars are becoming less distinct from one-another, particularly with the very limit color palette for customization. Given the same colors, it's pretty hard to tell the cars apart now.

Zeta Prime (Elite Rig), on the other hand, is more distinctive, but here too the color palette is a harsh mistress. Zeta Prime's model really needs more color options to stand out to show how impressive it it. But, again, the very limit colors make it more muted and uninteresting. Honestly, would it have killed Activision to throw in a few more colors for this update for either side?

The maps are decent and add some more multiplayer options to those who are really sick of the first few maps included with the game. There's nothing terribly unusual or new about them, since they (again) just use resources from the main game and are based on those levels.

If you only play single-player, then this DLC, like the first one, has absolutely NOTHING for you. It's pretty clear that Activision considers the campaign to be nothing more than 'practice' for the 'real' game, which is very unfortunate. A few side missions for single-player to tie the DLCs together would have been awesome.

Instead it's pretty clear that DLC #2 is really meant to say "the game SHOULD have cost $70 on release, so here's how we're going to get you to pay that much". Nothing is truly added to the game, and the DLC price along isn't remotely worth the price of admission.

Also, considering how quiet Activision was about releasing this DLC, it's pretty much a clear signal that support for the game is now effectively over, and they're moving on to the sequel now where all of this will repeat. There's no more character content on the disc, and it seems very unlikely that they'll make a DLC #3 with all new material - since they haven't actually done that at all yet.

So, if you're a fan of either character or just MUST have the new stuff, then this maybe worth it. But for most rational, sane people, the $10 price tag for this DLC is off-putting. It's just not worth it.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

TFVanguard wrote:So, if you're a fan of either character or just MUST have the new stuff, then this maybe worth it. But for most rational, sane people, the $10 price tag for this DLC is off-putting. It's just not worth it.
Same here. I would rather save that money to buy Generation Soundwave.

On the other hand, gone through some pain last night while in MP mode. Being kicked out so many times because I didn't have the map. Not a nice way to do this.