Revenge of the Fallen OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY discussion thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Demolishor clip in English:
http://eiga.com/movie/53181/video
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:Does anybody else think the Fallen's face bears a passing resemblance to the "Death" face of a Quintesson Judge?
No, I think it looks like the Decepticon symbol.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:No, I think it looks like the Decepticon symbol.
Really?

:p

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

numbat wrote:Really?
:D

For the record though...I thought that even before I read Defiance. I also note that Soundwave's head design also looks Decepticon symbol-ish...so I'm wondering if there is some sort of connection between Soundwave and The Fallen. Probably not, but just a thought.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

Brimstone wrote::D

For the record though...I thought that even before I read Defiance. I also note that Soundwave's head design also looks Decepticon symbol-ish...so I'm wondering if there is some sort of connection between Soundwave and The Fallen. Probably not, but just a thought.
Soundwave's head resembling the Decepticon insignia is kind of obligatory, considering the original Decepticon logo was based on G1 Soundwave's face, just as the original Autobot insignia was based on G1 Prowl's face.

The ROTF homepage currently has a link to the music video for "New Divide", which contains several clips from the film, including a closeup of the Fallen's face. If you look carefully, you may notice that beneath his "Decepticon insignia" are the facial features of a human skull; teeth, nasal cavities, pronounced optical orbitals, etc.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:Soundwave's head resembling the Decepticon insignia is kind of obligatory, considering the original Decepticon logo was based on G1 Soundwave's face, just as the original Autobot insignia was based on G1 Prowl's face.
I know, but since they seem to be "officially" saying it comes from The Fallen, I wondered if the Soundwave thing was just a G1 homage, or is there more to it than that? (also, I though the Autobot symbol was based on Silverstreak's face?)
If you look carefully, you may notice that beneath his "Decepticon insignia" are the facial features of a human skull; teeth, nasal cavities, pronounced optical orbitals, etc.
Yeah, I just don't (or can't) see it. Sorry.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Brimstone wrote:I know, but since they seem to be "officially" saying it comes from The Fallen, I wondered if the Soundwave thing was just a G1 homage, or is there more to it than that? (also, I though the Autobot symbol was based on Silverstreak's face?)Yeah, I just don't (or can't) see it. Sorry.
G1 Bluestreak and Prowl shared the same face, as did Smokescreen (at least the toys did) since they all sherd the same mold.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

The only thing I ever noticed about the logos is that the autobot's logo had an H in it, Heroes, and the decepticons had a V in it, Villains.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
sideswipe1
Protoform

Post by sideswipe1 »

is it just me or does wheelie resemble rattrap when he talks. i really like the new take on him and i am glad it is not the rhyming stuff.
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

I thought he sounded more like a cross between Yakko from Animaniacs and Experiment 625 from the Lilo and Stitch series.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

loving the rattrap homage (someone else pointed out that 'slobberpuss' - 'chopperface' thing).

and i love it anytime a transformer uses anything approaching mature language, but thats just the yorkshireman in me.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

borg72 wrote:loving the rattrap homage (someone else pointed out that 'slobberpuss' - 'chopperface' thing).

and i love it anytime a transformer uses anything approaching mature language, but thats just the yorkshireman in me.
I agree with you on that one and I'm from the deep south, Alabama to be exact (and proud of it)
I think all transformer fans want to see it go more mature, and dare I say have more balls. Not only is it cool but it makes them real and grounded, and Bay knows this. It's the same case with Watchmen, most super heroes are all goody two shoes and are perfect, but in Watchmen they do very bad things and some are very bad people with very troubled pasts and hard lives, thats what makes Watchmen The movie fell so real. It's not just what you see and hear but what you feel that makes you enjoy a film. I think bay does this pretty well in ROTF. Great example wheelie, what was he in G1? He was a little bot that rhymed every other word and was something a kid could relate to. Now fast forward 23 years what is he now. He's a hyper little bugger that thinks megan fox is hot who gets get the crap scared out of him Very easily and he seams like a 1930's ganster from new york to me.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Just saw a (new?) T.V. spot that had sam in the jacket he had in the new Indiana Jones, WTF?
SPOILER! (select to read)
And two bots fighting looked like Sideways and sideswipe, not sure cause it was one of those 0.0001% of a sec then fade to black trailers. But if info i've dug up in the spoiler thread ( go check it out it's cool:lol:)) is anything to go by then it's not them cause sideways never transforms but once.
they tried to trick us with a shot of jetfire transforming by puting a clip of the fallen right behind it with no fade.
It had a bunch of things that looked like steel marbles all in this room that transformed
showed prime bringing out his swords ond cutting of Blackout's(?) arm.
looked like sideswipe was getting spun around in the air with sam hanging on for his life.
A shot of wheelie form the clip Nevermore gave us.
and it closed with mudflap:( being eaten by devastsor.
pretty sweet ad for the movie made me realize it's only 9 days away! just alittle more than a week.

EDIT: can't believe I did a frickin' double post again! Is ther any way I can merge the two together?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

IGN have posted a review:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html

It's the first review I've seen and it's not a great review. Ah well. Always the third to look forward to if this isn't great.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

And there's another review over on Total Film. Thanx to thetransformers.net for the heads up.

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema ... the-fallen
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Sounds like IGN hated the fact that their butts went num more than anyhting. how in the hell can that effect your review? If the movie's good then it's good if it's bad it's bad, don't judge it on how long it is you should just judge the film itself.

EDIT: just saw a tv spot that showed sideswipe cutting sideways in half. thats sweet. just so you know since it was on tv and is Offical I did not use spoiler tags. whould have posted it in the SPOILER thread but it's blocked because it's released in the UK, wheres the love for the rest of the world? we've still got 5 days till it hits here still time for us to spoil stuff for each other.:mad: