Revenge of the Fallen OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY discussion thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Revenge of the Fallen OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY discussion thread

Post by Nevermore »

This thread is intended for people who want to remain mostly unspoiled.

The following rules apply to this thread:

Only refer to news reported through official sources. Those include:
- Press releases and website updates by official parties such as Paramount, Hasbro, Michael Bay etc.
- Interviews with and message board posts by people such as director Michael Bay, producer Don Murphy, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura and screenwriter Roberto Orci
- Interviews with third party licensees, such as IDW Publishing writers Simon Furman and Chris Mowry.
- Interview with third party sponsors and partners, such as General Motors, the United States military etc.
- Newspaper and magazine articles with authorized behind-the-scenes reports and interviews with the actors.

Any posts that refer to news reported through unofficial sources will be DELETED from this thread.

If you are unsure whether the info you want to post comes from an official source, feel free to PM me.

On SPOILERS:
Even official sources could theoretically spoil the movie. Therefore, spoiler tags are necessary in this thread:

Returning actors/characters who unambiguously survived the first movie and whose situation didn't change drastically beyond expected developments are not spoilers as long as their appearances more or less match those in the first movie. Therefore, if, in theory, Bumblebee were to have a slightly modified car bumper but remain the same otherwise, this would not consitute a spoiler. Sam Witwicky attending college is not a spoiler. Epps having been promoted from Technical Sergeant to Master Sergeant is not a spoiler. However, if, in theory, Optimus Prime had changed his appearance from a blue Peterbilt 379 with red flames to a red Freightliner Cabover, this would be a spoiler.

Returning characters who were either implied having died in the first movie (Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Frenzy, Blackout), or whose fate was left ambiguous (Barricade) are SPOILERS, especially if their new alternate forms and/or robot modes look different from their appearances in the first movie.

New characters that will make their debut in Revenge of the Fallen are also SPOILERS.

So.

Characters.

Returning human characters:
Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) - attends college now.
Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) - still Sam's girlfriend.
Captain William Lennox (Josh Duhamel).
Master Sergeant Robert Epps (Tyrese Gibson) - promoted from Technical Sergeant.
Ron Witwicky (Kevin Dunn) and Judy Witwicky (Julie White) - sam's parents.

During shooting, Shia LaBeouf got involved in a car accident and injured his hand. The injury has been written into the movie.

New human characters:
Alice (Isabel Lucas) - fellow student of Sam's.
Graham (Matthew Marsden) - British Special Forces soldier, works with Lennox and Epps.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Professor (Rainn Wilson) - Sam's professor.
Returning Autobot characters:
Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) - still a blue Peterbilt 379 with red flames.
Bumblebee (Mark Ryan) - still a yellow Chevrolet Camaro.

New Autobot characters:
Arcee
Jetfire (starts out as a Decepticon but then switches sides)
Returning Decepticon characters:
Starscream

New Decepticon characters:
Soundwave
Devastator
Jetfire (switches sides and joins the Autobots)
Other (?):
The Fallen
Michael Bay has claimed that a massive misinformation campaign is in the works. However, screenwriter Roberto Orci suggested that it's not really working.

Paramount had interviews with IDW writers Chris Mowry (writer of the prequel comics Alliance and Defiance) and Simon Furman (writer of the comic adaptation of the movie) censored to remove all evidence that either had ever seen the script for the movie, as well as any references to the characters of
Arcee and The Fallen.
Bay also claimed that Megatron will NOT return in ROTF, although a lot of people remain sceptical.

Wal*Mart promo site with exclusive videos:
http://www.walmart.com/transformers
(code is AllSpark62609)

Magazine articles with pics:

Empire Magazine
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23925
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ntent.html

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... main_N.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... side_N.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/life/l081229_tr ... tm?gid=831
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Well thank you for that code. Very handy and you'll see some nice stuff.
DirtDigger324
Protoform

Transformers Official spot

Post by DirtDigger324 »

ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

This looks phenomenal. There's actually a lot more there than I thought would be for a TV spot. Can't wait!!!
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

That was fuh-reakin' awesome!
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

DirtDigger324 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mac_kon5eNA

Spoilers

check this out
Very nice.

One very interesting point:
It seems the shovel transformer figure that's been previewed on several sites the past couple of weeks, does in fact turn into a torso on a wheel. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

I want to know what the hell is going on where Optimus looks like he gets hammered in the face as hard as he hit Bonecrusher. I also want to see Optimus and the other Autobots kick some ass instead of getting their Cybertronian asses handed to them like they did in the first movie.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

http://www.transformersmovie.com/
Sideswipe busting thru that sign and transforming and rolling away was pretty sick.

Prime getting owned to the face, looked intense.

Starscream looking like he was gonna add Sam to his bug collection, that looked painful.

Devastator carnage. Juicey.
Optimus Prime dangling on Devastators face~!

Ravage..... Looked scary..

LoL. The klipz of the Aircraft carrier getting bombarded reminded me of getting base raped in Battlefield 2 on the map wake island. Enemy would just surround the ship and attack. Except the enemys attacks didn't destroy the whole boat. Mass-Destruction is always cool to watch.

Im am eagerly awaiting this movie now, more so then before. *Salivate*
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

I'm pretty sure that wasn't Sideswipe rolling because the Audi logo is visible, and well, it's certainly not a corvette anyways.

I'm extremely confused now concerning our favorite gestalt...The big unicycle guy is sweet, no doubt, but is that just a piece of the whole? Judging by the toy it is, and that means the combined whole is gonna be unimaginably gigantic. Think of how that shovel dwarfed Prime, and Prime is really tall. I'm also pretty sure that he is the same character that swatted the helicopter after review.

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Springer145 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Sideswipe rolling because the Audi logo is visible, and well, it's certainly not a corvette anyways.

I'm extremely confused now concerning our favorite gestalt...The big unicycle guy is sweet, no doubt, but is that just a piece of the whole? Judging by the toy it is, and that means the combined whole is gonna be unimaginably gigantic. Think of how that shovel dwarfed Prime, and Prime is really tall. I'm also pretty sure that he is the same character that swatted the helicopter after review.
Just slowed it down by half in WMM. Personally, I'm hoping the unicycle is a single 'Con or just part of Devastator as well. Unicycle Guy alone is awesome enough! And I seriously wasn't expecting the big Devastator reveal to be in the first teaser. And, yeah, seems to be the same guy that slapped the chopper. When it's crashing through the bridge at the end, he certainly looks like only the upper half of a Transformer.

The car! The only clip I really watched by pausing and going frame by frame. In the last frame or two of its bit, that car definitely looks more black than allover silver and the robot mode sure looks enough like Barricade, who the Audi is heavily rumoured to be. (Then again, I'm wishing it's Soundwave's Earth mode...)

Ravage...could be worse.

Can't sort out who, or what, is smacking the hell out of Prime. Looks a bit like he's being headbutted though.

The "transformer noise" and "Revenge" blurbs are far more obvious at half speed as well.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Yep, a lot more than I was expecting and a great teaser,
Come on and wind me up.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Though I haven't been too enthusiastic about RotF, I have no complaints about this teaser. It certainly gave us far more than the teaser for the first movie did, which really didn't show a whole lot, if I recall (a shadowy figure reaching for a moon-buggy, wasn't it).
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Yes! Watched it several times last night and just again twice more. I'm still greatly surprised that we saw so much in terms of the new robot character. :up: And it does for me exactly what a teaser should- want more right now! (Cannot wait until the thirteenth!)
In fact, I'm anticipating this one more now than I ever did the first one. The action sequences surely help. When the Audi (I'm convinced is Barricade, btw) does the roll and transform bit it's just so righteous! It screams "Transformers" more than any moment in the first movie, imho. Would've loved to see more of THAT in the underwhelming Barricade/Bumblebee chase scene in the first movie.

It's also pretty obvious by now that the unicycle guy is just one Constructicon. Devastator should be massive! Not to mention Sideswipe and Soundwave and the Fallen and...it's already looking awesome and the whole load has hardly been shot!

Arcee bot jumping up behind the Audi in car mode, btw! There are some people at other sites claiming they see two!

I'm very surprised Bumblebee wasn't seen in the teaser. He seems to be Dreamworks' TF poster boy, moreso than even Optimus.

If you look closely, it seems more like Megatron is the one pinning Sam down. I know Bay denies Megatron appears in this one, but that seems to be one of the few true bits of misinformation. The cut of the clip implies it's Starscream, but teaser and trailer edits are nothing to go by as the first movie proves.

Edit: Just a quick comment on the human characters seen. Lennox! He's just so cool! Sam's line: "you don't stop, you don't hide, you run." Meh...nice way to waste a second that could've been used for more robot goodness.
Springer145

Couldn't Resist

Post by Springer145 »

S_Windell wrote:
Not to mention Sideswipe and Soundwave and the Fallen and...it's already looking awesome and the whole load has hardly been shot!
That's what she said...:lol:

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
snavej

Post by snavej »

About:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mac_kon5eNA

This has now been blocked.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

watched it in hi-def on youtube for the first time last night...
i'm not 100% sure, but it seems to me that the helicopter-smashing bot and monowheel bot are not two different modes of the same bot, as some have suggested. they seem entirely different, with coptersmashbot having two big wheels on its shoulders, but also what looks like wheels on its legs.

also you can much more clearly see the audi r8 transformation (its still a blur, but much less so) and get a much better glimpse of the bot in the background...
anyhoo, the point is, watch it in hi-def if you can. its worth it.
A.D.Rodimus

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

I would be 100% certain in saying the bot that jumps up behind the audi looks like one of the arcee bikes transformed. It quite obvious if you get the right still frame
I have no leg
borg72

Post by borg72 »

just seen a good freeze-frame showing at least two bots there (it claimed three, but i couldn't make it out)

its at the below, but it has spoilers aplenty, so you might not want to look. just squint and only look at the pictures, you'll be fine. maybe.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Holy crap.
So there are three Arcee robots then...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

snavej wrote:About:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mac_kon5eNA

This has now been blocked.
It's still around. Just keep looking. Perhaps Hulu's Super Bowl commerical section?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32