Universe Smokescreen and more confirmed for 2009

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:The robot mode's shocking
:lies:

It would have been shocking if, rather than the traditional colour scheme, they'd made him bright yellow and a Predacon. Or made the tech spec an elaborate homage to ex Norwich superstar Keith O'Neill.

As it stands, it's pretty much what you'd expect. It just doesn't work as well as you'd hope. Mostly due to the new figure having something resembling proportions... something the original didn't have to contend with.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I seem to remember having to Have Words about this before with you, you scoundrel. It goes like this: -

- I had Smokescreen when I was four.
[those three dots]
- Smokescreen is awesome beyond words.

QED, bitch.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Awesome DNE having workable proportions.

I mean just look at Flywheels.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Magazine is arriving now. Text-only confirmations for Universe Deluxe Class Dinobot and Legends Class Warpath, Wheelie and Rodimus (all originally revealed via Wal*Mart listings) here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... iving.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Smokescreen! no, I've almost finished my repaint of him and they do this. Hasbro I hate your timing. As soon as I do Thundercracker and Dirge classics they release an exclusive and as I am finishing this one they announce it and it looks sweet.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Nevermore wrote:People say he's either a straight redeco of Silverstreak or Prowl (I'm leaning towards the former).
I say Smokescreen's a repaint of Prowl, coz he's got clear windows, not the blue ones on Silverstreak.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I say Smokescreen's a repaint of Prowl, coz he's got clear windows, not the blue ones on Silverstreak.
*facepalm*

Smokescreen is a repaint of Silverstreak who is a repaint/remold of Prowl.

And Silverstreak has clear windows. They were only solid blue on the hand-painted prototype.
Steam: Hot Shot
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Your own link has BLUE windows on Silverstreak.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Blue CLEAR windows. You implied the windows were a solid color on Silverstreak, somehow making him different than Prowl. I posted a link showing they are clear blue. I never said they weren't blue.
Steam: Hot Shot
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Windows schmindows. Does he have police lights?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:Blue CLEAR windows. You implied the windows were a solid color on Silverstreak, somehow making him different than Prowl. I posted a link showing they are clear blue. I never said they weren't blue.
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Actually, I never said the Blue was Solid. You just implied that. I never implied anything. What i choose to include in my writing, and what not to include, is not implying. I just stated they were blue, not what kind of blue. Sure, i compared the blue to something clear, so a misunderstanding may occur, but you can't blame that on me, and say i'm the one implying. I stated one of the 2 adjectives, but doesn't mean you can just say i meant solid. Only i know what i meant; heck, i wrote it.

Let's not continue this. I like my news threads the way they are, thx.
Halfshell wrote:Windows schmindows. Does he have police lights?
Yeah, pointless window debate. Police lights? On a 'rally' car? Or is he a safety car? You know, the ones that only appear to replace cars that crashed? :lol:

@RID Scourge: Yeah, Cosmos rocks! The way his arms are curved makes me think he's punched/punching someone. Me want more expenditure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Erm, you said that the windows were 'blue' as if that meant that Silverstreak was a radically different mold from Prowl, which he's not. The only difference (that I know of) is the lights on the roof... Theresore, Smokescreen, for all his supposed rainbow glory, is STILL a repaint of Prowl. Saying that 'no, he's a repaint of that completely different mold Silverstreak, look at the WINDOWS!' is inaccurate.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got to say, I'm not following how it's a retool if they've just left a bit off... Was Skids a retool of that there Diaclone City Turbo because the TF version didn't include the scooter? How's about Ultra Magnus not coming with the Powered Battle Buggy (or whatever that thing was called)?

I could kinda see it if the police lights were added for the second figure, even if it'd be a bit pernickety (but, hey, we're talking about Transformers fans here, so...) - but because they haven't bothered putting a bit on? Shouldn't a retooling involve some sort of work with tools? If it doesn't, I see me making a packet on ebay with my exclusive retooling skillZ0r...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Got to say, I'm not following how it's a retool if they've just left a bit off...
I'd guess that the roof is a new piece because it doesn't have holes in for the light section to be attached. Probably.

A bit like the OTFCC Sideswipe and Sunstreaker versions of Mach Alert, where the middle section of the roof was a completely different shade to the rest of the car, because they'd had to stick a new bit in where the lights would normally be. Otherwise there would have just been two holes there.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

TFVanguard wrote: Theresore, Smokescreen, for all his supposed rainbow glory, is STILL a repaint of Prowl.
That's what i said. He's a repaint of prowl, not silverstreak. Though i have some people saying that i said silverstreak's windows were solid blue when all the windows were brought up for is their difference to prowl's, which is the reason i believe he is a repaint of prowl.

I hate to say it, Vanguard, but i think you're getting it wrong. I didn't bring up the windows to say he's a repaint of Silverstreak; rather, the windows were to show that i think he is a repaint of Prowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Halfshell wrote:I'd guess that the roof is a new piece because it doesn't have holes in for the light section to be attached. Probably.
I would have to look at Silverstreak again. but Prowl's canopy has a seperate 'drop in piece' to which the red lights attach that could EASILY have a 'solid' version that's already on the same mold sprue as the 'red lights' version. Since it's, as far as I can tell, the only mold difference between the figures, I don't think it's a remolding or retooling at all.
A bit like the OTFCC Sideswipe and Sunstreaker versions of Mach Alert, where the middle section of the roof was a completely different shade to the rest of the car, because they'd had to stick a new bit in where the lights would normally be. Otherwise there would have just been two holes there.
In the cast of those two, they probably wound have better off just sticking with the two holes. :P
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So are all those Decepticon jets with different sized holes in the bits retools?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:So are all those Decepticon jets with different sized holes in the bits retools?
Depends. Are the bits with holes in different bits? Or the same bit with different sized holes?

Yeah, I'm pretending to care.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:So are all those Decepticon jets with different sized holes in the bits retools?
If they're only slight (e.g. Tight joint vs loose joint), no. If it's significant, then probably yes.

No, i don't really care that much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

We've all got to pretend we care. This is pretend important, this.

What about the US version of Fort Max not coming with that there serword?