All Hail Megatron #3 five-page preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

All Hail Megatron #3 five-page preview

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Those propaganda covers really are lovely aren't they?

Am I being a bit dense of thinking "Daddy" was Andy for the first few panels?
Gridlock1987
Protoform

Post by Gridlock1987 »

Five pages, just to show that Astrotrain have useless (normaly) alt mode? Guess, he will be out of job, when he destroy all the subway tunnels. ;P Wow, Shane, slow down...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

WOO, the Decepticons are REALLY MEAN.

I'm SO IMPRESSSED.

Not.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Wow. You people really have decided to hate it regardless, haven't you?
Gridlock1987 wrote:Five pages, just to show that Astrotrain have useless (normaly) alt mode?
Er, no. Mostly to show what's happening to the people. It's readily apparent that a big focus aspect in AHM is the human element.

I like it. But the issue better bloody well end with developments moving beyond "the Decepticons are attacking New York", now that we're a quarter of the way in.
inflatable dalek wrote:Am I being a bit dense of thinking "Daddy" was Andy for the first few panels?
Nope. I did too.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nevermore wrote:WOO, the Decepticons are REALLY MEAN.
Nah. Astrotrain is just helping the people board him. Regular philanthropists, the Decepticons are.
Gridlock1987
Protoform

Post by Gridlock1987 »

Halfshell wrote:Er, no. Mostly to show what's happening to the people. It's readily apparent that a big focus aspect in AHM is the human element.
And here i tought, they just move people to the subway, just so Astrotrain can show how usefull his train mode REALLY is :P Guess, i don' give Shane enought credit...

But really, i don't care about this human no-names... It seems like Armada first episode, when they show me something i realy don't want to see, (humans). Now, Shane spend 5 pages on them, just so Astrotrain can kill them showing how BAD he is. Was it really needed?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Darker palette/shading helps, looks good. Pace is fine if this is one of a handful of 'cinematic' moments in the issue and the rest will be moving the story forward considerably.

I'm gonna stick to trade for this.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Actually, I found this interesting. Looking forward to pick this one up and hopefully, the rest of the book is good as well.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Gridlock1987 wrote:And here i tought, they just move people to the subway, just so Astrotrain can show how usefull his train mode REALLY is :P Guess, i don' give Shane enought credit...

I'd assumed the subway thing was meant as a Blitz reference. Though before I realised it was supposed to be a train station it was also reminiscent of people in New Orleans hugled together in that football stadium as well.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I have to admit, out of all the images here, I found the second page to be the most striking. It, surprisingly, conveys a lot for saying so very little. Though in this case, I credit the artist rather than the author. Sorry.