Wal*Mart exclusive "Movie" Crankcase, Breakaway and Decepticon Fracture out

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

I got all of these last night. I like them all, but the paint job on Crankcase's chest is atrocious. It looks like he's been banged against the wall a few times before he was transformed and put in the package. He looks so bad I'm gonna match up the paint colors and fix him today.
Steam: Hot Shot
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Looks like two Walmarts in my area put out 3 pallets of stuff simultaneously, and sounds like it might be happening elsewhere as well. They had the new exclusives, as well as Big Daddy on one pallet. Another was a slug of Voyagers including Blitzwing topped with a bunch of the Bumblebee 3-pack. The other was mostly deluxes from early waves (1&2 I think). Good stuff!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I saw some Crashers at Super Wal-Mart today. Didn't have any money to get one though...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Take a good look at them. According to Walky (over at his Shortpacked! blog), a lot of Crashers have very sloppy paint apps.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

All of the ones I looked at looked just fine. I only found two, but I wasn't really looking that hard, and both looked pretty nice to me.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

All those molds are nice, but the Mirate mold is the only one I'm really interested in having a duplicate of.

Hopefully, Fracture will appear in my area soon!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Nevermore wrote:Take a good look at them. According to Walky (over at his Shortpacked! blog), a lot of Crashers have very sloppy paint apps.
Animated Jazz seems to suffer from that as well. The first one I bought had a big drip of black across the chest, a scratch on the front windshield, and one hip that got half painted and the rest of the paint went down his thigh. I took that one back, and paid a little closer attention to his replacement. Of the four in the store, 2 had smudged fingerprints on the top of the car, 2 had messed up hood paint, and one's hood didn't shut all the way. The one I grabbed seems ok, but I haven't opened it up yet.
As for the Fractures I saw, they all looked fine.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Oh, dear... Sloppy paint apps on more figures? With the exception of a small chip in Sunstreaker's chest/roof, I haven't encountered any paint app problems. But still, I do check the figure over in it's box and keep the receipt handy just in case.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Crankcase and Breakaway are pretty cool. It is awsome that Crankcase is still (more or less) a Triggercon. Two complaints I have on Breakaway are that I don't like that his retractable wings are translucent and his missile launcher is very pointless, so he is without any worthwile accessories/gimmicks at all and has a super-simple transformation, so he is pretty plain, but still nice looking in both modes with good articulation.
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

Went to my local walmart on sunday and was shocked by what i found:

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 813jw2.jpg

They usually get just a few of each figure and then just the crappy ones! They had tons of all three new figs, plus Big Daddy, Grindcore, and Divebomb. No Jolt, tho. :confused: