Target exclusive Universe Superion and Bruticus Maximus (Energon redecos) - now in "Revenge of the Fallen" packaging?!?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Interesting...What I'd love to see, of course, is a modern Menasor. :D
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Interesting...What I'd love to see, of course, is a modern Menasor. :D
Good luck with that, considering there is no repaint version to use, and Hasbro seems to be pretty resiliant on not making new combiners.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Kali wrote:Yet another "nothing to get excited about" moment in TFandom. Is it just me or has there not really been any exciting toy news since Animated first came out?
I wouldn't say it's not something to be excited about. It does give a chance for people to pick up some decent characters that they don't already have, or if they just like the mold and missed out on it when it actually was released. And being able to do all that with it being "new" in retail is much better than getting extorted at auction sites.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

secretcode wrote:Good luck with that, considering there is no repaint version to use, and Hasbro seems to be pretty resiliant on not making new combiners.
That sucks...We haven't gotten a Menasor combiner since 1985.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:That sucks...We haven't gotten a Menasor combiner since 1985.
Yeah, Aaron Archer is well on record as outright hating combiners for some reason. (Devastator kicked his puppy, it's true!). Pity, really, because Menasor would be cool, and I can't imagine that a new Predaking wouldn't do extremely well.

The only reason we got ANY in recent years is because of Takara.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

If that comes out, I might get it. Looks like the Autobots are getting a bigger air force than the Cons are.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

TFVanguard wrote:Yeah, Aaron Archer is well on record as outright hating combiners for some reason.
Source?

Far as I know, he likes them, he just thinks they're very hard to excecute in a way that makes them commercially vaible and not suck.

(It's easy to make toys able to combine, but it's hard to make the individual toys work in their own right, and the gestalt mode be both stable and have decent articulation. Look at all those cheap-ass KOs of Movie Legends and Cybertron Scouts as "combiners" that really just look like a torso with robots for limbs.)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I would love to see Menasor. Since three of the cars are close enough they could definitely pull it off by doing one mold for Motor Master, one for Dragstrip and one for Dead End, Wildrider and Breakdown.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Nevermore wrote:Source?
It's been a bit. He had some comments as Orson to that effect. He was really hostile to them - not sure exactly why. This was when we were talking about RID's combiners, though... so it's been a long bit.

You're right about Slingshot's trademark, though.. still a no-go as just Slingshot. But 'Aerialbot Slingshot' seems okay.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I wouldn't mind have Superior Maximus. I never saw him, nor had a chance to grab him at the time. I might keep it to it's original new paint scheme (if there is one), or repaint it, give it real hands and feet, and call it good. I thought they did a decent job with the combiners from Energon. I just wish the sculpts had been different for each piece like in G1 combiners, or slightly different parts. I just didn't like the fact that the arms and legs of each combining set in Energon had the same arms and lower legs. :down:
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Nevermore wrote:(It's easy to make toys able to combine, but it's hard to make the individual toys work in their own right, and the gestalt mode be both stable and have decent articulation.
Frankly, i think the aerialbots pulled it off quite well, though with the fact they had double limbs. And with limbs getting 9's and 8's in the reviews on this site, there's hardly any reason to say this sucks. YAY! Me want this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Springer007 wrote:I wouldn't mind have Superior Maximus. I never saw him, nor had a chance to grab him at the time.
He's not bad. Imo he's the weakest of the three, but a lot of that has to do with the center Robot's stomach caving in. Otherwise he's a pretty solid figure.

My favorite one is definitely Bruticus, and then the constructicons.
give it real hands and feet
Yeah. I'd say that if I had to nitpick on one thing it'd be the lack of propper hands, but the rest of the gestalts more than make up for this.

The weapons themselves doo make good feet in terms of balance, but yeah. Hands would be an improvement.

I'd love to have seen at least a peg hole or something so they could use the energon weapons from the terrorcons/omnicons.

Though sadly the worst hand comes from my favorite jet mold (Treadbolt). The others at least have a handish/mittenish/claw-like shape. He's got four pegs sticking out. Maybe it's more of a gun-hand-dealy . . .

Overall the combined modes are great, and the individual robots are awesome (The only exception being the crane. I managed to snag an extra of Treadbolt, the orange helicopter fellow and the light green tank fellow, as well as an extra Barricade. I was tempted to pick up an extra bulldozer and an A-10, but I never got around to it . . .). So it'd be a crime to exclusively play with them in gestalt mode like I used to do with my G1 combiners when I was younger. I really need to dig these guys outta the garage.
I thought they did a decent job with the combiners from Energon. I just wish the sculpts had been different for each piece like in G1 combiners, or slightly different parts. I just didn't like the fact that the arms and legs of each combining set in Energon had the same arms and lower legs. :down:
Yeah. I know what you mean. Though taking Bruticus and replacing two of his limbs with Aerialbots like they did in the OTFCC seems like it would make a nice, diverse combiner. I need to snag another A-10 mold so I can complete that gestalt.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'll probably get this. I got Classics Devastator, and I'll get any Bruticus set they release too.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote: And, given that they're rubbish, will I care?
I like them :(
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

Nevermore wrote:Source?

Look at all those cheap-ass KOs of Movie Legends and Cybertron Scouts as "combiners" that really just look like a torso with robots for limbs.
Ha! I love those things! Any kind of giant combiner is OK in my book, even if they do look like Frankenstein in robot form. Ya gotta admit, they are creative. :swirly:

the Fake Toy Gallery has awesome pix of the Franken-combiners:

http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~m-akao/GALL ... gal11.html
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

It has real hands! Amazing! Neat too, wish I could find one of those just to have on my shelf.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Man, I'd kinda prefer Bruticus, just because there are never enough Decepticons.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

I think i like this one the best:

http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~m-akao/GALL ... G_2166.JPG

the proportions are weird, but its a combiner made out of combiners! how awesome is that!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Is there a combiner made out of those? Because a combiner made from combiners that were made from combiners would be AWESOME.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32