Photos from Wonder Festival 2008 Summer

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Photos from Wonder Festival 2008 Summer

Post by Nevermore »

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0

Henkei Sunstreaker and Prowl (different than Hasbro's), Henkei "USA Edition" Silverbolt, Powerglide and Onslaught (also different than Hasbro's), Marvel Transformers wave 1 (same as Hasbro's), Encore Metroflex reissue (no plans for a Hasbro release right now).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

So the USA editions are different from the actual Hasbro releases?
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Yay for rubber tires on Metroplex!:clap:
Steam: Hot Shot
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Wow, Silverbolt [and powerglide, to an extent] looks surprisingly toy-ish, cheapish and garish in those bright colours. Could be the camera flash though.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clay wrote:So the USA editions are different from the actual Hasbro releases?
"USA Edition" essentially translate as "We'll do whatever the hell we feel like, just as long as we can justify not creating our own packaging".
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Knightdramon wrote:Wow, Silverbolt [and powerglide, to an extent] looks surprisingly toy-ish,
I was wondering how they'd fit actual airplanes into the box and sell them for such a ridiculously low price . . . :p
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

More photos AKA Nakas was there too:
http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/event/0808wanfes.html
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

RID Scourge wrote:I was wondering how they'd fit actual airplanes into the box and sell them for such a ridiculously low price . . . :p
Bad phrasing there.. I /think/ he means that the "Toy looks so bad in vehicle mode that it fails the 'disguise' test"
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Powerglide looks too birght to me. Will the ultras have the chrome like the littler classes have them?
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

The only one I want out of those is Onslaught, and from the looks of it, it isn't that much better than Hasbro's version.

So I'll be getting that :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Nevermore wrote:"USA Edition" essentially translate as "We'll do whatever the hell we feel like, just as long as we can justify not creating our own packaging".
Huh. I always thought the USA editions were just that: Hasbro stock with a "USA Edition" sticker slapped on. The more you know...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clay wrote:Huh. I always thought the USA editions were just that: Hasbro stock with a "USA Edition" sticker slapped on. The more you know...
There were lots of instances where "USA Editions" differed from the Hasbro versions:

- Robots in Disguise Cryotek had a "USA Edition" version (not an exclusive, available at mass retail in Japan) that contained a "Spark" pilot figure that was scrapped from the US release.

- Armada Powerlinx Thrust had TWO "USA Edition" versions. The same one was exclusive to Laox stores and was the same as the Hasbro version. The second one, exclusive to Toy's Dream Project stores, was the red version shown in the stock photos on the back of the packaging. Hasbro planned to release the red version too as a running change variant, but ultimately the only red Hasbro version that was actually released was available on European cards (six languages at that time) and was found in Israel, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the UK (and later also in Australia, as a UK import).

- Energon/Superlink Unicron was officially a "USA Edition" in Japan; which was in fact the Hasbro version in Takara Micron Densetsu (Armada) packaging. Also not a store exclusive.

- Energon/Superlink Ultra Magnus (Toy's Dream Project exclusive) had a black and white sticker on the back of the packaging covering up the photos of the Street Speed Team (which were not included in any release of Ultra Magnus except for stolen early samples) and depicting the Space Team (which was actually included) instead.

- A "USA Edition" of Alternators Prowl was planned (in addition to the regular Binaltech Prowl and the blue variant), to be exclusively available for subscribers of Takarand, some sort of satellite TV station or somesuch. He would have sported the words "Satellite Patrol" on his doors instead of "Highway Patrol". It's unclear if the toy was ever released, especially considering Takarand changed owners shortly afterwards.

- In addition to the original, "realistic" color release of Masterpiece Starscream by Takara, they later also released the Hasbro version in G1 colors (a Wal*Mart exclusive in the USA) as a "USA Edition", again at mass retail... but with less "weathering" effects.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

TFVanguard wrote:Bad phrasing there.. I /think/ he means that the "Toy looks so bad in vehicle mode that it fails the 'disguise' test"
Yeah. I kinda figured that he meant something more than just "this toy looks like a toy! WTFBBQSauce!" I'm just being a smartass. ;)