Masterpiece Ultra Magnus is being re-released!!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Mospeada

Masterpiece Ultra Magnus is being re-released!!!

Post by Mospeada »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bts/13597/

Joyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoy

Pre-ordered!!
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Too bad they will not add anything like they did Prime. If they had added
transforming armor I would get him. I don't need another white reprint of Prime.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I'm a Magnus fan. The fact that I'd have had to shell out 300 on the 'bay yesterday makes this sweet news for me. 105 bucks, I'm there. I don't care about his cardboard trailer lameness, I'm leaving him in robot mode. He will proudly hover over my Magnus collection.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

This excited me as well when I saw it on BBTS. I have the non-battle-damaged US MP Prime, and of course I dream of having the versions with the chrome and better paint apps and all that. $300? Ridiculous. $100? Still a bit much, but, it's Magnus! I need more Ultra Magnuses (Magni?) because that is simply the coolest Transformer name ever and it's just a damn neat color scheme.

However, due to lack of funds and the recent intrigue of SoCs, Revoltechs, etc. in my life, I dunno if this is meant to be. Maybe my re-issue G1 Magnus is going to remain alone forever :(
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

The MP-04 reissue's quality was terrible, so I'd imagine Magnus is going to fall apart out of the package.
Steam: Hot Shot
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:The MP-04 reissue's quality was terrible, so I'd imagine Magnus is going to fall apart out of the package.
Negative Nancy! You're missing the point...a hundred dollar MP Magnus!!
Energon Hot Shot

Mospeada wrote:Negative Nancy! You're missing the point...a hundred dollar MP Magnus!!
But...he's naked...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You remember how I was saying a day or so ago that Masterpiece is a joke...?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:You remember how I was saying a day or so ago that Masterpiece is a joke...?
That sentiment is in danger of being re-issued more times that MP Prime! ;)
Wreck and Rule!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Masterpiece is BLOODY expensive. No way i'm getting this one. Besides, he is a naked white Prime. I'm buying Animated, it looks more Magnusesque.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:The MP-04 reissue's quality was terrible, so I'd imagine Magnus is going to fall apart out of the package.
On sale here right now for 179.99 AUD. Bad idea, then? (MPo4)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Energon Hot Shot

Treadshot A1 wrote:On sale here right now for 179.99 AUD. Bad idea, then? (MPo4)
If you don't absolutely need a trailer, find and buy MP-01. If you want the trailer, get MP-04 and find a MP-01/20th Ann. Prime to fix it up with.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:If you don't absolutely need a trailer, find and buy MP-01. If you want the trailer, get MP-04 and find a MP-01/20th Ann. Prime to fix it up with.
Actually, already have MP 01, 02 and 03. Guess i want the trailer. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

...or if you just want "a" trailer and dont care if its the MP-04 version you can pick up the MP-1 aftermarket trailer by JustIToys. Doesnt 'transform' like the Takara, but it looks just as good and you can fit 2 BTs inside. ;)

Thats what i got, and since it only cost me $45, i is plenty happy. :D
glazios

Post by glazios »

toyworks wrote:...or if you just want "a" trailer and dont care if its the MP-04 version you can pick up the MP-1 aftermarket trailer by JustIToys. Doesnt 'transform' like the Takara, but it looks just as good and you can fit 2 BTs inside. ;)

Thats what i got, and since it only cost me $45, i is plenty happy. :D
Ditto on that point.
On the reissue point, I couldn't understand (and still can't) why they didn't design his trailer/armour and release it with Magnus like that originally. I mean, Magnus out of his armour is, as fore-noted, crap, and putting him out with the transforming armour would've drawn more people to pick it up.
...Come to think of it, I dare say it's still not to late for that. It's being/been done for Classics/Henkei Magnus, so why not the Masterpiece version too? Only fair, right?
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I personally love toys of White Convoy Magnus. I didn't know this many people didn't. I know a lot of Magnus fans who are psyched about this reissue though.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I love Magnus too, but not this much w/o some sort of extra - like armor and a BFG of some sort. I guess I am spoiled and want more bang for my buck...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Eh...For 105 bucks, still not bought.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.