Marvel Crossover Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, and Venom out at US retail

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Marvel Crossover Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, and Venom out at US retail

Post by Ackula »

I saw these 4 figures tonight at a Wal*Mart here in CA. I didn't have my cell phone with me so I couldn't get pics, but rest assured they are out at retail. I haven't seen this reported yet so I figured I'd make a thread. They only had one of each and they were on the bottom shelf underneath all the other TF merchandise.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Huh. Seems like I didn't report them here yet. They've been found about a month ago. :)
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... il-165252/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
alotron

Post by alotron »

i love transformers and marvel incuding the crossover graphic novel which no one else does but,could someone explain why anyone would want a transformer that changes into a marvel hero.im not condemning the line just wondered what the attraction is of robotising an established humanoid character.I didnt like beast wars either for the same reason in reverse.I know in gen 1 there were the dinobots and insecticons but those were innocent times
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

alotron wrote:i love transformers and marvel incuding the crossover graphic novel which no one else does but,could someone explain why anyone would want a transformer that changes into a marvel hero.
The same people that bought the Star Wars TFs? The people who buy the pre-existing Marvel Shapeshifter line (or whatever it's called)? People who just like transforming toys in general?
im not condemning the line just wondered what the attraction is of robotising an established humanoid character.I didnt like beast wars either for the same reason in reverse.I know in gen 1 there were the dinobots and insecticons but those were innocent times
More innocent times? What does that even mean? That you were younger? Kids today are young and innocent too.

You noticed the Pretender Beasts, right? Or Pretenders in general?
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Yeah I saw these figures a while ago to, and I am bout to pick up venom. But these are so much better then the star wars transformers figures. They look a whole lot better, and they are 1000x better then those things.
alotron

Post by alotron »

half shell you have to take things less to heart it was just a query.obviously compared to the millions of people who enjoy these toy lines my opinion counts for less than nothing,all im saying is i prefer the models/characters that alter from machine to machine and not from machine to animal/person etc.Also with the marvel and other characters i didnt like the idea of the transformer being derived from a pre-existing character.Yes i meant when i was a child and will still let my children play with the marvel crossover line if they wish although my daughter seems determined to stick with optimus prime!

ps i had a few pretenders but they came out when transformers fever was dying down in the uk so they were rather obscure with walruses and 2 headed men,but i could just about understand those because after all they were encased in a shell rather than a mechanical object changing into a supposed organic one.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

hes right you know longtooth was way way way way way way way way way way way cooler than any stinking beast whores toys you ever did see yes sirree i mean spider-ham is just a nobody loser child compared to a legend like stranglehold *struggles for air*....
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

alotron wrote:half shell you have to take things less to heart it was just a query.
It's not my fault that I'm allergic to idiocy.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Halfshell wrote:The same people that bought the Star Wars TFs? The people who buy the pre-existing Marvel Shapeshifter line (or whatever it's called)?
Marvel Megamorphs. The Captain America figure was the only one I ever saw, but the current Marvel line is much better quality IMO.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
alotron

Post by alotron »

Halfshell wrote:It's not my fault that I'm allergic to idiocy.
im almost upset,besides im not a total idiot im just not exclusively chock full of transformers knowledge!If you still think me an idiot [and im sure you do]you should know i remembered i had a pretender named bludgeon hoorah now tomorrow i can concentrate on learning to tie my shoelaces:lol:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Tying shoes is f***ing hard as hell. Where exactly does the rabbit go?

Hmm. Your Bludgeon comment just gave me a thread idea.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
caldar
Protoform

Post by caldar »

I just picked all four crossover transformers and am quite impressed. their size scale is a little off but they're still a fun idea.

I'm sick of people complaining about the SW Transformers. they were like a wet dream; two of my favorite franchises combined into one. I only wish they would start producing some new molds. the vehicles look great, a few of the robot modes leave some to be desired; but they all come with pilots that fit into their cockpits!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I see kitbash worthiness for Hulk. He looks to have a very articulated robot mode >:]
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines