Transformers Spotlight: Blurr info thread | UPDATE: covers revealed!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers Spotlight: Blurr info thread | UPDATE: covers revealed!

Post by zigzagger »

Chris Ryall has updated his blog, teasing at an upcoming Transformers Spotlight, which will be revealed at London Film and Comic Con. Mystery Spotlight will feature Casey Coller on pencils and Shane McCarthy with story.
Read Ryall's latest entry here!

UPDATE!

The Transformers-Mosaic deviantart page has posted additional images of the upcoming Spotlight, which is revealed to go to Blurr.
http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/

Mirrored
ImageImageImageImage

edit:
Chris Ryall's blog has revealed the artwork for Trevor Hutchison's variant cover:
http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2008/09/l ... r-gin.html

The "regular" cover can be seen here:
http://comicsnewsi.net/g/?mode=view&alb ... 0&start=15

Image Image
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Guess Shane's gonna be around for a while then. Hmmm.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Crap.

Errrr.... Could be Rumble/Frenzy? Emerite Xaaron?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Dirge.

Blurr.

Or his new character.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So, this is an AHM Spotlight I guess and not a Revelations Spotlight?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well, I don't know if it'll be branded as AHM, but the fact it's being written by McCarthy probably means it'll be tied to that storyline, yeah.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

He got twelve comics to write. Why does he need another?
Steam: Hot Shot
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

To tell a different story? To tell another part of the same story?

Stuart Moore wrote TF/Avengers, why did he need to write Spotlight Ramjet as well?

Robert Rodriguez made From Dusk Till Dawn, why did he need to make Planet Terror?

Why do musicians bother recording b-sides once they've already done an album?
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

But he has twelve issues to tell the story. He shouldn't need one more issue to wrap it up.
Steam: Hot Shot
Civ

Post by Civ »

Could it be one of the Reflector bots? Viewfind, maybe?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:But he has twelve issues to tell the story. He shouldn't need one more issue to wrap it up.
Do we know it's wrapping it up? It could be a coda issue. It could be dealing with something that needed addressing but didn't fit into the style or pace of the main series. You follow that logic to its' ultimate conclusion and you should be asking why Furman gets spotlights when he has so many other issues to work with.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of AHM, and McCarthy sounds like an arse. But If I'm going to hit him with a baseball bat, I'd prefer it if the handle wasn't covered in shit.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Exactly, who even says for sure that its to do with All Hail Megatron? And if it is it could be a story expanding upon the reasons for a characters actions in the maxi-series and is helpful to the over arching story but not integral.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:But he has twelve issues to tell the story. He shouldn't need one more issue to wrap it up.
Furman had four issues to tell Stormbringer. He shouldn't have needed Spotlights Shockwave and Soundwave to flesh out the background to what was going on. [/your logic]*

And if you're making the assumption that it's going to be "wrapping it up", then you're implying that the next Spotlight isn't going to be until a year from now. Do you actually believe that?

How does the fact that he's telling a story in AHM ban McCarthy from being allowed to tell other tales at the same time? From what you're saying, it seems the only way you'd allow it is if it had absolutely no connection whatsoever to the other storyline. Because ignoring established continuity altogether is just what we need more of, isn't it?

* - If you really want to see a story that spills over into more issues than it should have done, pick any Marvel "event" from the past few years. House of M, Civil War, World War Hulk. These all had their own book, but still had plot strands expanded on in the other titles. The difference here is that that's what the Spotlight line is meant for.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

inflatable dalek wrote: Errrr.... Could be Rumble/Frenzy? Emerite Xaaron?
Emerite Xaaron is a good guess, looks like it could be him, but I think he is waaaay too obscure if this Spotlight is from the AHM-verse. AHM being the approachable storyline to casual fans.

I'm thinking Rodimus Prime.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Smokescreen? I mean, if you're after someone who could single-handedly liberate Earth, he's the only plausible candidate.

I doubt McCarthy has heard of Roddy. Or if he does it'll be "Yeh d00d, he was that fag Autobot who wasn't any good. MEGATRON ROCKS AND KICKS ASS!".

It does look emo enough to be Roddy, though.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Smokescreen? I mean, if you're after someone who could single-handedly liberate Earth, he's the only plausible candidate.
Windcharger!

Or, alternatively, Skyfall. He's, like, God or something.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Windcharger!
Was Windcharger my first Transformer? No, no he wasn't. Therefore, Smokescreen > Windcharger, through cold, hard logic. Bitch.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

So, my initial fear, that that was Black Arachnia, was wrong?

Ye gods, I hope so....
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

I see Windcharger in that picture but who knows

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

As long as it's a good story, I could care less who the spotlight focuses on. I've been easily impressed so far with the Spotlight series (mainly because I am a Heavy Metal Magazine fan and whatnot, and they use split story lines to connect to a bigger story). And on the subject of "why an artist shouldn't be allowed to do this or that... blah blah blah", what is your logic exactly why an artist/writer/whatever "cannot" do more than one comic? I think it takes a very talented person to keep up with so many of their own works, and still pump out something that is an awesome read. Not here to flame, just am curious on the logic used. Anywho, it'd be nice if the unknown character is someone that has possibly been in the background for awhile, and needs a story to be told. I would vote Gears, but I know it isn't the little cranky robot.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines