Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

a company technicly can ban an item of clothing on their property, but it's still incredibley stupid. as long as someone gets through security with no weapons or bombs, nothing else should matter.

laws on what people can wear are much stupider. sure, civil rights is primarily about race, religion, sexual orientation, etc, but clothing styles can come into the picture too. no government should ever tell anyone how to dress. recent laws passed in the us about low pants, etc, are blatant naziism. i can't believe they actually pulled it off.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

never again wrote:no government should ever tell anyone how to dress. recent laws passed in the us about low pants, etc, are blatant naziism. i can't believe they actually pulled it off.
Que pasa?

And what exactly do you mean by 'low pants'?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clogs wrote:'low pants'
His tactics were pretty poor, TBH, and he just doesn't inspire like Klinsmann did.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

Clogs wrote:Que pasa?

And what exactly do you mean by 'low pants'?
sagging, lower than they need to be, popular with a lot of black kids and some white kids that're into hip hop. i don't like the style myself but it's ludicrous to give people legal problems over it.

laws like this get passed in the dirty south where they are more authoritarian (and sometimes more racist) than the rest of the country.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

The reason that there are laws dealing with baggy or low cu pants is that people are seeing the style as being indecent. There are many out there that don't need or want to see otheres underware. I think, that most of the laws that are trying to get past deal with making sure that the pants don't go below the waist.

never again wrote:laws like this get passed in the dirty south where they are more authoritarian (and sometimes more racist) than the rest of the country.
I don't think that quite right. These types of laws are even getting some support from the north. I also don't think that the south is more authoritarian as you say, but has a different set of values and morles than you are just to.

Also what do you mean by dirty?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

never again wrote:recent laws passed in the us about low pants, etc, are blatant naziism.
Congratulations, you have just invoked Godwin's Law. I think this fairly redundant "news" thread has ran its course. If anyone has a problem with me locking it then PM me a really good reason why we still need to discuss this piece of tabloid "news".