Hasbro design panel report

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Hasbro design panel report

Post by Nevermore »

http://tformers.com/transformers-botcon ... /news.html
Panel attendees: Arron Archer, Jead Wayde, Steve Bono Design Manger, Big Daddy Joe, and Bill Rally

PRESENTATION
+ Joe Does exclusives. Thundercraker, Skywarp have been planned as toys for awhile for animated.

+ CN has day colors and night colors for their animation and they try and work that in to the toy as best as possible.

+ At one point Blitzwing was going to be more military.

+ Originally TF Animated was going to be called TF Hero because they wanted to be more Super Hero.

+ The Archer was put in by CN as an inside joke. Originally he was gonna be called Anger the Archer. : Arron Archer asked that he have the left hand be more robotic but he had no control of the overall look and voice - the joke was to be based on Aaron Archer.

+ DLX Stryker. Takara couldn't make out the head from the image provided by the studio. Archer drew it 5 mins before catching a plane out Tokyo and thats how his head for the toy was created.

+ Salvage' inspiration is from the Sanford & Son truck.

+ Convertible Cadillac XLR was gonna be Megatron for Alternators but never came out.

+ Skyfire Space Shuttle was based on the Shuttle from Michael Bays Armageddon.

+ Storm Cloud is a redeco Powerglide. MM-89 on him stands for Micro Master 89, the year he is made.

+ Both Powerglide and and Storm Cloud will have it so you can open his chest and see a heart. It is really for Powerglide, Storm Cloud has it cause it was molded in.

+ Animated Perceptor was just designed and is coming.

+ Universe Deluxe Acid Storm was originally named Rainmaker then Acid Rain and then Acid Storm.

+ 25th Anniversary Hot Shot deluxe class. He now has a rear window! This is how they will celebrate mini-cons cause he comes with one. No Bazooka weapon for Hot Shot. They got Dave Willis (ShortPacked) to stand up, he is a BIG Hot Shot fan. (Ed Note: Yes, this is the surprise 25th figure. @_@)

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
+ No plans for a Universe 6 Shot right now.

+ Takara does design and sculpting and Hasbro comes up with the ideas on Alternators.

+ Fracture is Crasher from the Go-Bots and a female. The Wal-Mart Mirage repaint. She creates tremors with her feet. They tried to call her Crasher and then Catalyst but those names didn't clear.

+ Takara and Hasbro each do their own color guides for toys.

+ No combiners in the Universe line right now.

+ No Ultra Magnus for the Universe line right now.

+ GM Alternator Hummer, they had talked to GM extensively about that but for many different reasons it never happened. It could be something in the future.

+ According to Archer, Hot Shot was a great opportunity to re-do a guy who needed to be redone. It wont be out till around this time next year.

+ We will probably see a Ratchet repaint of Iron Hide Universe.

+ Its not confirmed what Perceptor transforms into, but he does have the microscope bazooka shoulder cannon. They don't mass shift. Possibly, he'll still transform into a microscope or maybe a telescope.

+ Cosmos Universe is in the works and they are trying to get him done. They want to have something to show for next year.

+ When asked about MP Grimlock. Hasbro says he's on their short list. If Takara do it first, he will prob make his way here. Probably be an exclusive, if he was done.

+ Galvatron was so small because the designer was told that they already had so many tanks in the larger scale so they had to do the smaller version.
25th Anniversary Hot Shot. Wow.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

The 25th Anniversary toy is Hot Shot? That's rather uncalled for. An Animated Perceptor sounds interesting, though.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I can't believe they actually made a Heart for Powerglide. That's either the lamest or most awesome thing I've ever heard.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Hot Shot... HOT SHOT?! SERIOUSLY? HOT SHOT AS THE SURPRISE 25th ANNIVERSARY FIGURE?! There better be some other reps as well, perhaps one from each year or something, Hasbro. How about making a Punch/Counterpunch?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The new Swipe/Streaker mould would seem ideal depending on if there was any retolling or just one mould that could be transformed in 2 ways. They'd just need to work on the head.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

optimusskids wrote:They'd just need to work on the head.
They did;
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 00&start=0
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

+ We will probably see a Ratchet repaint of Iron Hide Universe.
YAY!

I'm haven't bought any of the toys (generally just not my thing), but I just may reconsider for this. He'll look lovely on top of my TV.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Nevermore wrote: + Galvatron was so small because the designer was told that they already had so many tanks in the larger scale so they had to do the smaller version.
Apologies if anyone has picked this up and posted it before, but my interest was piqued by the statement re. "too many tanks in the larger scale". At first I thought maybe they meant movie leader class Brawl, but then I saw this at TF @ The Moon...

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/conten ... o+Inc.html

Could it be that Universe is getting Ultra or Voyager versions of "Decepticon Bludgeon" & "Warpath"?

I certainly hope so (if only for the fact that we would then have two ex-minibots who tower over most other figures!).

Like I said, apologies if already posted...
Wreck and Rule!
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

A Ratchet repaint would be more than welcome.

Andy
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Me want Classics Bludgeon w00t.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Warpath! :)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Errrm, I've just remembered Warpath was the name of one of those <yawn> movie line Cybertron scout repaints. The TM application could be a late one for that...

Here's hoping for giant, red Universe Warpath though!

/fingers crossed
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Detective Barricade wrote:The 25th Anniversary toy is Hot Shot? That's rather uncalled for.
To be fair though he's a 25th Anniversary toy rather than the 25th Anniversary toy (I think someone mentioned six of the buggers?). If they're going for a representative spread of the entire franchise that doesn't consist of a lot of variations of Prime then Hot Shot would be a sensible spokesman for the Unicron years.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Oh God... They re-registered Wheelie...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:six of the buggers
Hot Shot (with soundchip featuring lines recorded by Matt Marshall)
Skids (with comic-accurate head and guns, dammit!)
Daytonus (Masterpiece scale. Exactly the same transformation)
Road Pig (with working laser)
Movie Bonecrusher (with soundchip that once pressed just loops his Movie 'lines' until the battery dies, and a bottle in a brown paper bag)
Dropshot (100% diecast to really emphasise how you can drop him onto battling TFs and kill them all)

I dare anyone to try coming up with a more representative bunch of TFs to be the 25th Anniversary figures.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

A straightup reissue of all six G1 seekers. Nothing more diverse than that. :up:

They're totally different:
-Starscream trys to betray Megatron
-Skywarp can teleport
-Thundercracker is blue
-Ramjet rams into things. Who'd've thunk it!
-Thrust has rotors in his wings
-Dirge is the other blue seeker
secretcode wrote:Oh God... They re-registered Wheelie...
I'll wait until I see the figure before I decide. For all we know they could recast him as this badass motorcycle. That would be cool.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Skids (with comic-accurate head and guns, dammit!)
Well, Crosscut is already a 100% accurate recreation of Dan Reed comic Skids (as that strip is B&W no one can prove Skids isn't in those colours in it), what more do you want?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

RID Scourge wrote:I'll wait until I see the figure before I decide. For all we know they could recast him as this badass motorcycle. That would be cool.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a repaint. Maybe of Cybertron Ransack or Animated Prowl.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Ransack makes more sense. More wheelie proportion. Prowl's too tall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Ransack makes more sense. More wheelie proportion. Prowl's too tall.
That too, but I believe I read somewhere that they won't use any of the Animated molds for the Universe line, at least not as of yet.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!