Animated Figures Released Early in Ohio/ Cincinnati, Ohio is a test market

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Animated Figures Released Early in Ohio/ Cincinnati, Ohio is a test market

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... io-164595/

According to three members of the TFW2005 board Animated Toys have been released early in Ohio. They have been spotted in a K-Mart in the Forest Park area. The first assortments of Deluxes and Voyagers have been seen, approximately a case's worth of each.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

That's utterly amazing for all those folks in Ohio but what about the rest of us? Is this like some kind of pre-release marketing venture or did Hasbro decide to throw a bone to the fans and kids who've been waiting patiently?
~
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'd imagine that the fact that Botcon is in Ohio this year is not just a coincidence.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Blitzwing wrote:I'd imagine that the fact that Botcon is in Ohio this year is not just a coincidence.
Oh Blitzwing you sly fox you may just have a point there.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Most excellent! I've been SO tired of...having money. It's funny, K-Mart has always been like the least reliable place for all my Transformers shopping. Now I hear about the Legends re-packages, and now THIS epic happening...I may actually find myself setting aside time to venture there.

I don't feel right.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I heard a rumor from wikipedia that Hasbro would release the toys at the end of March and early April.Now I'm a believer.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I don't feel like driving 3 hours just to get something that might not even be there... Especially with Gas being about $4 a gallon now.

Meh. I'll wait another month or two.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Clay

Post by Clay »

Skidmark wrote:I heard a rumor from wikipedia that Hasbro would release the toys at the end of March and early April.Now I'm a believer.
Would make sense. According to Nevermore's checklist, the entire move line is out in physical stores aside from the last wave of Deluxes, which are available at online retailers already.

I guess they were planning for a June debut, but with all of the movie stuff shipped, they don't have a reason to delay Animated for another two months. Maybe they got done faster than expected...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

The sooner they do that, the sooner I can snag animated Jazz and Grimmers (yeah I've given up trying to resist him)! :)
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Wish they'd hurry the hell up and throw US a bone here in New Zealand. I'm tired of seeing Swindles Shelfwarming my stores.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

RID Scourge wrote:The sooner they do that, the sooner I can snag animated Jazz and Grimmers (yeah I've given up trying to resist him)! :)
Same here. I'm getting most of the Autobots this time around. I'll probably skip most of the Decepticons... Unless the Waspinator rumor is true. I'd be all over that.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I couldn't bear more than a few minutes of one of the episodes, but I may buy all the Animated figures. I'm a fan of Xevoz and Sigma Six, and this seems to be the latest iteration of that style.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Sir Auros wrote:I couldn't bear more than a few minutes of one of the episodes, but I may buy all the Animated figures.
Same here.I wish they came out with a more adult-oriented transformers series.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Skidmark wrote:Same here.I wish they came out with a more adult-oriented transformers series.
Try reading the IDW comics.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Blitzwing wrote:Try reading the IDW comics.
I meant a tv series.

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Keep dreaming. There's not enough of an audience to support an adult-aimed Transformers show. Beast Wars was about as close as we're ever going to get, which is fine with me. Animated's a great deal of fun.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Keep dreaming. There's not enough of an audience to support an adult-aimed Transformers show. Beast Wars was about as close as we're ever going to get, which is fine with me. Animated's a great deal of fun.
Agreed, that's why I said the comics are really your only bet for adult-oriented Transformers stories... and even that is a bit of a stretch. Actually the Movie, despite it's character development flaws was also very good for reaching an older audience.

Transformers will always be about the toyline that its attached to, as far as Hasbro is concerned, and there are not enough adult collectors out there for them to even begin considering making an adult oriented series.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Blitzwing wrote: Transformers will always be about the toyline that its attached to, as far as Hasbro is concerned, and there are not enough adult collectors out there for them to even begin considering making an adult oriented series.
The closest we'd ever get to an adult orientated animation would be something involving the recent Classic toys. They're the only ones that'd sell well enough to adults and attract them to an animated show. Never happen though.

Personally, I love Animated. It's a great show with great characters, a good sense of humour and decent plots. I thoroughly enjoy it every week!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm glad there is no overly adult Transformers though. Being too edgy and too dark could have Fail written all over it.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... et-164631/
TFW2005 has learned that Cincinnati, Ohio and the surrounding areas has been chosen as a test market for the Transformers Animated line. This explains the early release of several Transformers Animated toys over the course of the last few days. This is good news for all the Transformers fans heading to BotCon in 2 weeks!
Well that explains that, now I'm glad I didn't rush out to all the K-Marts in the area on a wild goose chase.