Transformers: Revelations date, covers + sketch! | UPDATE: Revelations/Spotlight Cyclonus line art & Script Wrap

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2008/03/a ... r-two.html

Image Image

Not really my cup of tea, but nice to see experimentation. :)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nice and abstract. Actually wouldn't mind seeing the inside of comic done up like that. But yeah, I prefer Su's cover a bit better.
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

I really like the style for Hardhead; the Cyclonus one, not quite so much. I can't quite tell if that black spot is his mouth, and he's making an odd face, or if it's just decoration of some sort.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Rossum wrote:I can't quite tell if that black spot is his mouth, and he's making an odd face, or if it's just decoration of some sort.
I think it's meant to resemble a skull (around the mouth, I mean). Su's portrayal of Cyclonus seems to be that way (look skull-ish)
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

zigzagger wrote:I think it's meant to resemble a skull (around the mouth, I mean). Su's portrayal of Cyclonus seems to be that way (look skull-ish)
A-ha. That makes much more sense, thanks.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Really like the Cyclonus one.

Took me ages to find Hardhead's arms.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Furman's waded in.

Confirmation that those sketches are Sideswipe and Doubldealer (and that they are going to be the characters in the Spotlights, natch).

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... velations/
The news is out: the next main arc in the IDW/TF-verse series will indeed (as previously reported) be Revelation, but instead of the usual 6-issue format it’ll play out over four interconnected Spotlights (Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer and Sideswipe). Expect major plotlines to be resolved as the last of the -ions (for the foreseeable) brings the Dead Universe storyline (that’s been bubbling under ever since Spotlight: Nightbeat) to a suitably shattering conclusion. I’ll be doling out the usual Script (W)raps in due course, so I’ll be drip-feeding my own revelations over the coming weeks/months, but for now let’s just say that the Spotlight format remains intact, with a solid character arc in each of the four issues, plus… fallout from Stormbringer, Spotlight Hot Rod, Spotlight Nightbeat, Spotlight Galvatron, Spotlight Arcee and more. And when I say fallout, I mean it. The lives and destinies of numerous main characters are altered forever as two universes clash explosively. Oh, and don’t think this is the end. There’s another series (no, not The 13 or All Hail Megatron) to come, one set firmly in the ‘-ion’ continuity. More on this soon! 08 is SO going to blow you away!
Maybe no Expansion, then. Hrm. Teasing fools that they are.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: Maybe no Expansion, then. Hrm. Teasing fools that they are.
It would seem not if the Dead Universe is being wrapped up here and that's the storyline that involves an Expansion. unless something from that is going to carry on even if the rest is wrapped up?

I'm glad to see him talking about firm closure on at least one (possibly all? With All Hail Megatron and Grimlock taking care of the Earth side of things that doesn't actually leave a lot more loose ends) of the dangling plot threads though.

What's The 13? Furman bungs it with All Hail Megatron as if it's a already announce title but I don't recognise it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well, just because they're coming to a conclusion doesn't mean that everything's going to be wrapped up in a nice tidy bundle. Especially the way Furman does conclusions.
What's The 13? Furman bungs it with All Hail Megatron as if it's a already announce title but I don't recognise it.
For somebody who's got the job of reviewing all this stuff for the site, you have shockingly little knowledge of what's going on...

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12209

There. You made me link to Seibertron. I hope you're happy.
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:Well, just because they're coming to a conclusion doesn't mean that everything's going to be wrapped up in a nice tidy bundle. Especially the way Furman does conclusions.
Well, that's my restored hope dashed.

For somebody who's got the job of reviewing all this stuff for the site, you have shockingly little knowledge of what's going on...
Whilst I do point to things to come I do try and review each issue by itself as a complete entity without undue influence from foreknowledge of what's to come, thus allowing others to come along latter and review trades with the post knowledge of how it all fits together and thus bring a fdifferent perspective. Well, that's my story anyway...
There. You made me link to Seibertron. I hope you're happy.
Well, no wonder I missed that then.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Whilst I do point to things to come I do try and review each issue by itself as a complete entity without undue influence from foreknowledge of what's to come, thus allowing others to come along latter and review trades with the post knowledge of how it all fits together and thus bring a fdifferent perspective. Well, that's my story anyway...
And yet you bitched about the Nemesis Prime name change being predictable, despite the only place a name change was even inferred was in Furmo's blog.

Get out of this thread, lest you ruin of things for yourself!
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:And yet you bitched about the Nemesis Prime name change being predictable, despite the only place a name change was even inferred was in Furmo's blog.
Not in the review I didn't:
http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/review. ... station3_a

Out of the reviews I'm not beholden to the principle I use when writing them.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Not in the review I didn't:
Only because I called you on it at the time. Probably.
Out of the reviews I'm not beholden to the principle I use when writing them.
Your excuse for knowing nothing just went up in flames.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

inflatable dalek wrote:
Yeah, I knew about that. I just kind of put my fingers to my ears and went "La la la la la, you hear that? That's me not listening, la la la la la" when I heard it mentioned. I mean, it can't exist if I just pretend it's not there, right?
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote: Your excuse for knowing nothing just went up in flames.
Because the "That's my story anyway" bit didn't do that already of course.
Yeah, I knew about that. I just kind of put my fingers to my ears and went "La la la la la, you hear that? That's me not listening, la la la la la" when I heard it mentioned. I mean, it can't exist if I just pretend it's not there, right?
Well, it could be good, dpeends who they put on the 13 (13 different parallel Universe versions of Chase, all still the wrong colour would rock). Assuming it does refer specifically to those first Transformers. There's a slim chance it could be misdirection, or even a short TF take on 52...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Well, alright. It's true I am a little curious to learn the identities of the other two bots we see silhouettes of behind Nova, Sentinel and Optimus in Spotlight: Optimus Prime. Assuming they fall under this category that is. edit: Perhaps this might be where Liege Maximo will fit in.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Small update:

[quote="Furman"]The plain fact is even the best laid plans/storylines need to adapt and evolve as they advance (over a three-year period), especially when new elements enter the mix (such as All Hail Megatron and my other upcoming IDW/TF-universe story). So yes, we&#8217]

As Brend points out, most of the Dead Universe stuff has taken place in Spotlight issues so far, and it makes sense for it to be continued there.

Mind you... I pity anyone who's reading the Earth stuff as standalone material, given the way Devastation concludes with Galvatron and the rest of the DU cast making showings (Galvatron being core to the resolution.)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yeah, that's my main reservation about it, too. That Devastation ends with them standing about all showy and cliffhangery... and then the big event they're featured in happens away from the ongoing.

Of course there's not to say that they won't still be about following Revelation, but the finish plays in a way that makes it seem Rev is the next step in the ongoing.

I'd imagine Galvatron still be in the picture is pretty much a given... the others, who knows. I guess all will be revealed. Fnarr fnarr.
inflatable dalek

my other upcoming IDW/TF-universe story
So would that be The 13 then, or something else as yet unannounced?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'd assume it's the already-referred-to-in-the-earlier-post main-continuity story that isn't The Thirteen.