Transformers: Revelations date, covers + sketch! | UPDATE: Revelations/Spotlight Cyclonus line art & Script Wrap

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Halfshell wrote:
I'd imagine Galvatron still be in the picture is pretty much a given... the others, who knows. I guess all will be revealed. Fnarr fnarr.
I triple to the notion. This has been something that has been nagging me since it was revealed how Revelations would be formated. We have a pretty good idea what is going to happen to the Decepticon Infiltration unit on Earth in AHM, but what about the main cast of Autobot and human characters. Are they going to be pushed to the sidelines in order for these "spotlights" to be told (and really, one could probably include Spotlight: Grimlock as part of this arc as well, if one wanted to, since it has been hinted that this will answer some lingering questions) . They are are part of this story, with plot strands that were left hanging by the end of Devastation. Though it is too soon to pass judgment, as it could just as well be amazing, but I can't help but feel somewhat skeptical about this direction.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

zigzagger wrote:but what about the main cast of Autobot and human characters. Are they going to be pushed to the sidelines in order for these "spotlights" to be told
I'd imagine that Hardhead's story will encompass whatever's about to happen to the crew of Ark-1932. Well, those who aren't in CR. Just told from Hardhead's perspective.

And I'd be surprised if Sideswipe's didn't guest star the rest of Hound's unit.

Work?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Looking at the Spotlight choices each of them touches upon at least a couple of the on going plots (except for Cyclonus of course, who's effectively a wild card Furman can use any way he likes to cover any cracks that the others can't). Dealer's got the connection to Hot Rod and to Banzaitron's group running with the Pretender Monsters and so on. Certainly it's more than possible for Furman to touch upon everything enough so as to wrap up what needs to be done by the end of the four issues.
zigzagger

Cyclonus Preview Images

Post by zigzagger »

A couple of line art images have surfaced on Ryalls blog for the upcoming Revelations/Cyclonus Spotlight.
http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2008/03/w ... rhode.html

edit:
Mirrored
ImageImage
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hmmm, Devastated Earth, or another planet?

Am I the only one hoping the actual issues will have a less cumbersome title on them? If nothing else the current one will bugger up my ordering system...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Devastated Cybertron, it would seem.

Script Wrap for Part 1's up:
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... t-wrap-16/

Cast spoilers more than anything else.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

"Things had to snowball rapidly, so that by the end of this first issue the scale of the threat was evident and a response was needed urgently."

This is intriguing. Makes it sound a little like Stormbringer. It's about time we had something similar to that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »