Michael Bay Talks Transformers 2 - No Dinobots?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skidmark

Michael Bay Talks Transformers 2 - No Dinobots?

Post by Skidmark »

Siebertron.com says that Micheal Bay gave hints to the sequel.Unfortunately,they don't include dinobots.

I have the urge to really hate Bay at the moment.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Beat me to this piece of news. It might be misinformation that Bay promised he would spread, but he does say something about "new species", so in the end we might get Grimlock and the merry crew, but they may not be dinobots essentially. It might be interesting to see what these new species will be, and how the story will develop. I hope they make this movie better than the first one, like AVP:R was to its predecessor. I am curious how the hells they will bring back Megatron, if they do, and how everything is going to go down. Bay needs to get the plot line down better this time, or else numerous fans will make voodoo dolls and use their pins in every angry whim.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"New Species"? The bald guys from Battle Beneath the Ice! Come on Bay, you know it makes sense.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

inflatable dalek wrote:"New Species"? The bald guys from Battle Beneath the Ice! Come on Bay, you know it makes sense.
Yes it does make sense now. I am hoping by new species, as i lost my train of thought, maybe gestalts and Headmasters/Powermasters/Targetmasters/Micro-Masters (if they are considered a species), city-formers, planet formers, or just different planetary types of 'formers. With misinformation rolling out (possible misinformation) I am actually feeling anticipation towards this movie since maybe the writer's strike taught the big whigs that they need to pay people better or else lousy scripts will be turned out.
inflatable dalek

Springer007 wrote:Yes it does make sense
See Bay, fandom is with me!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

inflatable dalek wrote:See Bay, fandom is with me!
i have the power of millions? wow... now i know what rodimus prime felt like when he inherited the matrix *laughs*! dalek, we must submit this to bay and let him know the truth :D.
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Bay seemed to avoid answering the question directly and would only confirm that there'd be "new species". Hopefully, that includes Dinobots or some other kind of animal TFs, maybe Predacons. They'd be cool.

But, Grimlock just won't be the same unless he's a dinosaur. I really can't imagine a vehicle alt mode that would properly fit his personality.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

Smokescreen GT wrote:I really can't imagine a vehicle alt mode that would properly fit his personality.
http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/AltGri ... imlock.htm

Not even this?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Big Grim's probably my favourite character overall (though I'm as not-keen on over-exposure as others) but something sufficiently big and bruising in a brushed steel look would suit IMO.

Not that a bloody big metal dinosaur wouldn't be nice...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I also could see Grim as a tank (different model type than the Abrams), or as some sort of heavy transport vehicle. Pretty much all the Dinobots could be converted into different military hardware, both science fiction wise - and real world wise (they scan blue prints in computers and use those as their alternate modes). They aren't out of the mix yet - just not being revealed is all.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I think Grimlock's War Within version would suit him nicely in the movie,also most of us already seen him on the Sector Seven site
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

New species?

ZOMG BLADE II ZOMG.

Seriously, I don't see how giant metal dinosaurs would in any way fit with the alt mode behaviour of the TFs in the first film.

But then Scorponok doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard, so pass.
inflatable dalek

Grimlock is Skorponok's Brother.

And Ratbat is their Mother.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

No, NOT THAT. He looks like 200 other Transformers that have come down the pike. I'm not really a Transformers purist, but Grimlock IS NOT A CAR. I'm not saying that he absolutely must be a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but for heaven's sake, he's a character that by definition does not blend into a crowd, and turning him into another sports car does just that. As Denyer said, he could do well just by looking badass, but that stupid toy looks like Jazz II. This is part of the reason why I don't own a single Alternator and never will...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Not even an Alternator where the original character was a car? :(

Grimlock can just be a big ****off tank or something. Works for me.
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Maybe movie Grimlock could be a monster truck. He could even have a T-rex painted on the side and the jaws could form around the front somehow. A lot of those monster trucks have cool stuff painted on them like Big Dawg (a bull dog on the side) or TailGator (with an alligator all across the sides from back to front). It could work with Grimlock, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Smokescreen GT wrote:Maybe movie Grimlock could be a monster truck. He could even have a T-rex painted on the side and the jaws could form around the front somehow. A lot of those monster trucks have cool stuff painted on them like Big Dawg (a bull dog on the side) or TailGator (with an alligator all across the sides from back to front). It could work with Grimlock, too.
Not a bad idea actually... :up:
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Civ

Post by Civ »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Grimlock IS NOT A CAR.
How about a backhoe?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Grimlock/grimlock.htm
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Maybe Swoop could be a Predator

Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Watchmen
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Oh, wow. I didn't even know about that version of Grimlock. Not too bad. It's kinda dinosaur-like in appearance. I could live with that or my monster truck idea.

A tank or other military vehicle are not bad, either, but Bay seems to assign military alt modes to the 'cons and regular street vehicles to Autobots. But, anything's possible, I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]