BotCon 2008 registration / details and images of convention toy exclusives as they're revealed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Goldbug is a pretty car. The head seems out of place, though.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Being a huge Goldbug fan, I love the head.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Sonray wrote: Love the phrase painted on the side! Awesome touch!

I thought I said that in a previous post.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yes -- strange as it may seem, other people see and like things too...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Clay wrote:Goldbug is a pretty car. The head seems out of place, though.
Possibly because of the rest of the body's colors. I bet if there was a few more blue details, the head would be fine.

Guess I know what I'm going to kitbash my extra Excellion into now..
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Denyer wrote:Yes -- strange as it may seem, other people see and like things too...
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Not really liking the purple Prime that much, but Goldbug looks good even with the out-of-place blue head.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh! Perfect. I was actually thinking Hot Shot would be Jazz, but it looks like I was wrong. That came out really good. :up:

Aye. I definitely like "'Till all are gone!" as well.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Goldbug is great, but doesn't look hugely evil...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

RID Scourge wrote:Ooh! Perfect. I was actually thinking Hot Shot would be Jazz, but it looks like I was wrong. That came out really good. :up:

Aye. I definitely like "'Till all are gone!" as well.
Jazz is the Crosswise mold I believe.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

As Nevermore subtly aluded to, Goldbug's head color actually does make sense, as an homage to the original toy: http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/g1_goldbug.php If anything, that much black is out of place - added for aesthetics (or a "Bumblebee" homage?), I guess.

I do like that evil OP, myself; GB's not bad, either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Maju Garzett wrote:Jazz is the Crosswise mold I believe.
Yeah, that's my guess after process of elimination. I just thought that Goldbug would be Crosswise and Jazz Hot Shot because all you have to do to Hot Shot's head is add a visor and you've got Jazz. I'm very pleased how it turned out though. Can't wait to see how the rest come out.

It would be cool if they did Grimmers in G2 colors. Probably not, but they've probably got a really cool color scheme set out for him.

I'm really wondering what they plan with Screamer since he already uses colors that are traditionally assigned to the autobots. Maybe a realistic color scheme to play up the disguise angle a little better? That would be cool.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Goldbug looks great, and Prime's pretty nifty too. The detailing is brilliant, certainly.

As ever, though, I think they may be out of my price bracket.

Interested to see the rest...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

FYI Iacon packages (non-attending) are being pushed to the back of the queque in favor of attending guests. Anyone whose ordered the Iacon package after February 14 has been placed on a "wait list."
OTFCC wrote: Hello Francis!

Due to unprecedented demand for our Convention Boxed Sets, we have had to stop accepting Iacon (non-attending) package orders for BotCon 2008.

The remaining boxed sets will be reserved for those fans who want to attend the convention in Cincinnati, OH, April 24th-27th.

While we are consulting with the manufacturer to see if there is a way to increase the quantity of the boxed sets, we do not expect this will be possible, orders received after 02/14/08 will be put on a wait list.

Thanks for the overwhelming response! We appreciate the high esteem you have placed on the 2008 and all of our past year's BotCon sets. We will be sure to keep you updated on the situation.

Thanks for your support,

Brian
So yeah. If you're only joining the club to get the exclusives, but you aren't planning on attending the convention, you may want to hold off on sending out your registration form.
Civ

Post by Civ »

So why does Starscream look like Jetfire? If they're doing an exclusive, I was hoping they'd do more of an original paintjob at least. Oh well, at least it's better than the G1 circus colors.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

So that's what Starfire, I mean Starscream, is going to look like? I would never guess that was him just by looking at him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I didn't even think about that, but it does make sense with Jetfire being one of the more prominent Autobot jets.

Is that the voyager class Screamer? Bonus points for using a mold I don't have (I don't have Crosswise, but whatevs). I was actually thinking of picking up that version the other day. Now I won't have to. I hope they add a little more color to the head though. A bit too much white, but you can't win 'em all.
Civ

Post by Civ »

RID Scourge wrote:Is that the voyager class Screamer?
Yeah, I have one of those and he's about as tall as Classics Jetfire as depicted in of the above pics. I just looked at Jazz and Grimmy and I have to admit that none of these figures appeal to me at all. Yay! I'm not going to be sorry I missed out on a Botcon set! :up:
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . aside from the references to killing and massacring, Jazz could pass as a bonafide Classics Jazz. Grimlock's done up in Trypticon colors. I like them. Now, we just need to see Razorclaw.