New Movie Deluxes: Stealth Bumblebee and Salvage

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Update:

It appears that Salvage is a double homage, both to the red truck from "Sanford & Son" and the red pickup truck Sparkplug owned in the Marvel G1 comics. Cue the "Sparkplug & Son" markings.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Well, I actually like the repaints. At first it anoyed me a lot, but
it can give you a different aspect to a character that the original
colors lacked. I like that they desided to give Bumblebee his
battle mode head, plus the colors aren't half bad. Salvage, well
I liked Dropkick, so maybe....
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Can't they re-release that horse from Japanese BW as a Steptoe and Son homage in the UK?

Though from looking at Wiki, Sanford and Son mainly replaced the horse with jokes about black people they can't show today...

Random Tangent: Do any other Ukers like the fact the highest rated program on BBC2 on Christmas Day was a thirty odd year old episode of Dad's Army? No matter how far we travel on, a show based around the fact we were really totally **** during the war will allways make us laugh,,,,
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Have you never seen Sanford and Son at all, Dalek? I haven't seen it in many years but I used to watch it as a little kid and laugh my ass off...never knew it was a remake of a UK show though.

I'm actually considering getting the figure. I really liked the original that my son has, but didn't care so much for the paint job. This one looks much better to me, so maybe I'll pick it up if I happen to see it about.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Ackula
Have you never seen Sanford and Son at all, Dalek? I haven't seen it in many years but I used to watch it as a little kid and laugh my ass off...never knew it was a remake of a UK show though.
The original is on the BBC's Repeat Till Doomsday list and still works because even though rag and bone men no longer are about the idea of a son trying desperately to escape from his father's shadow and achieve something more whilst the Dad does all they can to keep them close to home is a very resonate idea in any generation. The episode where Harold has the chance to win a dancing contest and get a woman's heart but is undone because his Dad only teached him the woman's steps is fantastic.

Steptoe... is still big enough in the Uk that if you show anyone the first few seconds of the very first 44 year old Doctor Who episode they will still go "It's a bit Steptoe and Son isn't it?" up till the junkyards secret gets revealed every time (at least that what's happened with me since the show came back and people who weren't born when it ended asked how it started...) and that was the intent.

On the other hand, I only know the US version from the Wiki page, which is full of "Episodes have to be shown edited today because of Sandford calling everyone a diry N****r style stuff".....
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I honestly don't remember any racial slurs being used on the show. I could have been so young I didn't notice, and since I grew up in a rural town in the south where most people freely used those words during my childhood, I would have probably thought nothing of it. In honesty it wasn't until I started junior high school that I realized it was something you shouldn't say. Thats another story all together though.

I guess its possible I was watching edited versions already as well, since I was watching them during the early 80's. I still recall it being a funny show though.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
The original is on the BBC's Repeat Till Doomsday list and still works because even though rag and bone men no longer are about the idea of a son trying desperately to escape from his father's shadow and achieve something more whilst the Dad does all they can to keep them close to home is a very resonate idea in any generation. The episode where Harold has the chance to win a dancing contest and get a woman's heart but is undone because his Dad only teached him the woman's steps is fantastic.

Steptoe... is still big enough in the Uk that if you show anyone the first few seconds of the very first 44 year old Doctor Who episode they will still go "It's a bit Steptoe and Son isn't it?" up till the junkyards secret gets revealed every time (at least that what's happened with me since the show came back and people who weren't born when it ended asked how it started...) and that was the intent.

On the other hand, I only know the US version from the Wiki page, which is full of "Episodes have to be shown edited today because of Sandford calling everyone a diry N****r style stuff".....

I do learn something new everyday. I would love to watch the show it is based on then. I'll have to find it. I never noticed the racial slurs either, of course as it was mentioned, they have been edited. but knowing Red Fox, he did use a lot of profanity during his illustrious film career. I still love him in Harlem Nights, with Eddy Murphy and a few other well knowns within the cast. I loved the old Doctor Who shows, and was tickled they remade it, and so far the remake isn't too shabby, for a sci-fi channel thing. Back on topic now.

I do understand how the repaints can capture an aspect of the character that was not seen until the new paint applications, but i say if you're going to do it that way, stealth B.B. at least, do something to make it look like carbon fiber or something that really will get me to drool. For example, I still have a 57 t-bird Hot Wheels car that is done in gold, but the thing that makes it unique and eye catching is first there are swirls put into the metal and then when the paint is applied afterward, it just is indescribable to behold. Hasbro, if you're listening at all, make a "show car" B.B. and just make it fantastic beyond all words, then I'll buy the mold. Pinky swear on that too :D
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

Nice in-package pics, Nevermore! Salvage is a definite must-have for me. The Dropkick mold looks great in red. But, I think I'll pass on Stealth BB, especially since they're releasing the Premium BB with the Battle mask head. I won't need to get the stealth now and do a head swap, which was the only reason I was going to buy it originally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If I were to get one of the BB's with the new head, it'd be the Stealth one to use as a new character, but having the first release twice over, I'm not really impressed with the mold. It's good to have as a representation of the character, but the articulation is kinda odd, and the waist joint is really loose.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You know, that particular mold does look good in black . . . I could always come up with a character, named Hornet, to fit him into the movieverse. I decided not to get Cliffjumper, a while ago, but I don't think I could resist that, if I saw it in stores . . .
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

:eyebrow:

That's exactly what I'm doing. No, really, "Hornet" and all. Yeah well, I knew it wasn't very original.

Anyway, I'm curious as to whether or not the car parts are going to be molded in black or painted black from yellow (as it appears.) As I've just realized I already posted above, I have a 'Bee I'd started to paint black already, and the ONLY reason I'd get this one now is if it's a black-molded car. I'd go for it just to have that durability. Otherwise, might as well finish up what I'm doing.
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

Hmmm, why don't they release the In-Game Transformers? Getting sick of rehash over rehash wanna see the Game Transformers come to life, at least its something different and worth buying. I'm just amazed they didnt go this route.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Luckydan wrote:Hmmm, why don't they release the In-Game Transformers? Getting sick of rehash over rehash wanna see the Game Transformers come to life, at least its something different and worth buying. I'm just amazed they didnt go this route.
You mean like Swindle, Dreadwing, Longarm, Payload and Dropkick, the latter of whom Salvage is a repaint of?
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

Nah, not the ones that are already made, the other ones that are missing from the latter games.

Let me pull in my resourceful resource wikipedia *cough* *cough* (well regardless if its wrong they haven't made Shockwave into a toy yet so there's one already)

AUTOBRATS

Prowl
Hound
Skydive
Hoist
Trailbreaker
Wheel Jack

Decepitchumps

Shock Wave
Mix Master

There's 7 more toys which PEOPLE will definitely buy, I'm just completely puzzled why hasn't Hasbro released them as of yet. Anything with at least a G1 name next to it will sell like Hot cakes.

Another source of selectable characters in the game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_The_Game

Sigh I wish Hasbro will release these molds. Then rather release repaint after repaint after repaint.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You are aware that making a new mold is more expensive than releasing a redeco, right?
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

Nevermore wrote:You are aware that making a new mold is more expensive than releasing a redeco, right?
I don't think Hasbro is out of pocket, even in Australia you can't find a swindle at all.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Luckydan wrote:I don't think Hasbro is out of pocket, even in Australia you can't find a swindle at all.
That's a fantastically daft piece of reasoning.

There aren't any Optimus Prime figures in Winchester, therefore Hasbro can make that Masterpiece Impactor I want.
Luckydan
Protoform

Post by Luckydan »

Cliffjumper wrote:That's a fantastically daft piece of reasoning.

There aren't any Optimus Prime figures in Winchester, therefore Hasbro can make that Masterpiece Impactor I want.
@_@.. It's reasonable, there were a million swindles around Australia but now they just *poof* gone into smoke. Consider him the least popular of the lot. Though puzzled why do they keep releasing these crappy turnarounds and replicas. Don't they know that the basis of releasing a transformer figure is because they Transform. ;_;.