IDW news: Ramjet Spotlight, Search for Starscream

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

FYI

Post by zigzagger »

It should be noted, according to (IDW Publisher/Editor-in-Chief) Chris Ryall Spotlight:Ramjet is not part of the next wave of Spotlights. It will be the fifth installment of second volume of the trade, or however IDW is ambiguously numbering it, following Spotlight: Optimus Prime, presumably in late September/early October.
IDW forums
...Ramjet's the final Spotlight for Vol. 2 of the trade: Soundwave, Kup, Galvatron, Optimus Prime, Ramjet. So there're five more coming in early '08.
Which can be interpreted as another few month wait between volumes. Yay. :p
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I just want to mention that no one has said anything about the fact that there is a
Movie style Ramjet who is searching for Starscream. I mean this is a huge spoiler
for Transformers 2, and you all seem to be ignoring it. I hope with the new sequel
comics we get to meet some great TFs left out of the first movie.(Wheeljack, Soundwave, ect...)

For the record, I love Seekers, Ramjet included. Best darn TFs ever.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by zeoman4.5
I just want to mention that no one has said anything about the fact that there is a Movie style Ramjet who is searching for Starscream.

Because, going by the information provided, that Ramjet would make his first IDW/re-appearance in the New Avengers crossover, this Ramjet has little, if anything, to do with the Movie continuity. It is intended to follow in the same direction as the other Transformer Spotlights preceding it; that it directly ties in with the main IDW continuity (hence being part of the second volume of the trade).
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Guess, I miss-read the first post. but I still think its good to mention something about the movie sequels, This could be a confirming lead towards the next movie's plot.

I am now officially collecting spotlight comics, just for the Ramjet
issue.
der2

Post by der2 »

Iam both relieved and unsurprised.