UPDATE:Transformers Animated at Licensing Show 2007 (pic of Prime) + Autobots

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Terome

Post by Terome »

If Transformers can finally have some dynamism in it, I'm all for the ultra-simple design route. It was actually quite surprising when anything moved too quickly in the AEC shows...
Rodimus Prime Rib
Protoform

I hope they change this!!

Post by Rodimus Prime Rib »

Well my first thought is : what in hell are they thinking , i mean he looks like a gorilla mixed with a superhero esque body. Since the show will be seen next year i hope they change the designs !

Hopefully they can use some of the designs from the classic series wich is very good . The same cannont be said for the movie line figures which almost everyone of them suck (Jazz doesnt have complete hands!!) . Lets pray so they change the caracter models and make a great animaited series like the Star Wars : Clone Wars series . If not then lets just say that they are destroying the franchise ! If not then ill be doing this everytime i see this on tv :wall:
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

The Mighty Ducks cartoon came to my mind.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pic.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/televisio ... 962732.cfm

Me like.
Just for the record, that's Autobot Ratchet, Prowl (motorycle), Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Bulkhead.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I love comics.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Okay. They're kind of cute. A bit more round around the edges than the previous image. I mean, look at Ratchet; he has a little tummy.

edit
I updated the original post, by the way
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

I'm excited with this new cartoon now that I saw the entire autobot team. I hope the writing is good!
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
New pic.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/televisio ... 962732.cfm

Me like.
Just for the record, that's Autobot Ratchet, Prowl (motorycle), Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

That looks better than the other leaked image.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I don't like the fact that the shape of their bodies are overly done.ratchet has a little beer gut going on,Bulkhead looks like a very fat Hound.Prowl looks okay, Prime looks like Cybertron Prime.The only one I kinda like is Bumblebee.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Meh. I'm not a huge fan of the designs, but the toys'll be a bit better, I think. Looks like everyone has a siren on their hood. That could mean that BB's one of those undercover statie cars, which would kinda mesh nicely with his undercover function. I think I'll end up snagging him (btw, I like how they've started using black and yellow for his deco pattern) and maybe Prowl.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

It is very interesting to see more designs. Looks like there could be some ok transformers in the bunch.

Ratchet looks a bit strange, but otherwise much like at "traditional" transformers design, same goes for Prowl and Bumblebee. It will be interesting to see them transform.

Prime may also look ok when we get rid of the forced perspectives.

Bulkhead looks to be hones like a cross between G1 Hound and Cybertron Crumplezone plus a few tons extra.

I am not exactly sure why, but something about the drawing style says to me small childrens cartoon, that kind of cartoon that you are way to old to watch that clogs up half of the saturday morning.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

now that i can see the animation style even better, i dont mind this cartoon. wow... i ate my words from my first post *eats them*. tastes like kentucky fried chicken, my words do XD.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Wow...you know, with all of them together like that, they actually don't look half bad. (it apepars that Prime is in fact a fire truck, too).

Bumblebee's probably my favorite so far.

You know, one thing I've never quite understood is the motorcycle transformers. You know, the cars and all could have super tinted windows, and be able to drive around with no one the wiser...but if a motorcycle is driving around by itself, people are going to stop and stare. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I figured it would be something more like this, and I agree that does look significantly better than the first promo pic (looks like a higher quality).

I'm interested since the designs are reminiscent to Timm and Tartakovsky's art style. I still won't know if I like it until I've seen some eps. and am exposed to the voice acting and stories or if it's aired at a decent time.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Provoiding it doesn't carry over to the toy designs, could be fun... albeit fun in a Playskool Gobots sort of way... Prime still doesn't look too good, though.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I liked the look for Batman - sort of flat and retro, which was just right for the children rather than going noir. For the Teen Titans, I thought it was odd, but it fitted with the vision of Batman. Not so sure I like it for TFs, since, now, I associate the style with DC and DC do not do TFs...

'Spose it could grow on me, providing the stories are good enough and the characterisation 'true'. We shall, as my dad would always say, see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

He's very Batmannish. I'd buy some Sigma 6 style "action masters" of these.
Terome

Post by Terome »

I quite like it. Looks fun.

What's the consensus on the characters so far? I'm guessing Prowl or Silverbolt for the bike and Grimlock or Ironhide for the big fella. Though with all the design nods to the original series going on, the big guy might just be Hound.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

I love the designs for the new show, especially Ratchet.

Andy
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Terome
I quite like it. Looks fun.

What's the consensus on the characters so far? I'm guessing Prowl or Silverbolt for the bike and Grimlock or Ironhide for the big fella. Though with all the design nods to the original series going on, the big guy might just be Hound.

I think they are confirmed to be Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet. The bike is Prowl, and the big guy is called Bulkhead.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection